Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Microsoft Surface Ad: Apple, You Got Served

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcU-xf-skts

new ad for andgar

Dvd's are easy since they rarely exceed 4 gigs, but blu-ray movies are huge. The only way to fit more than one on a tablet would be to compress it yourself or download a compressed version. They need tablets with hundreds of gigabytes hard drives.
    How, would one go about putting a digital copy on a tablet? I have a touchpad now running Android? doesn't seem that easy.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 10-16-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

MADD CHAD sighting.

has usb and micro sd..excellent...
    Last edited by rezznor; 10-16-2012 at 11:48 PM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcU-xf-skts

new ad for andgar

How, would one go about putting a digital copy on a tablet? I have a touchpad now running Android? doesn't seem that easy.
    Much much better.

Now they have to make a 30 second ad like this.

But even then, they should focus more on the OS which is its strongest hook. They also didn't show any fun things to do on it. The commercial had a 'fun' mood, but they were all typing on the shit for the most part. No gaming, no rad apps, it was all about the keyboard.

But still huge improvement.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    That ad is horrible. I like the one on their website better. Although neither one tells you any specifics. Microsoft sucks at advertising.

I was excited for Surface, but it looks like the pro version won't be out for like 3 or 4 months still. Not really interested in Windows RT since I have Android devices. If I'm going to get a Windows 8 tablet its going to have a core i5 (or better) in it, not an arm processor.

Other companies are beating microsoft to the punch on real workhorse tablets than can actually replace your laptop.

Samsung:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834131398

Toshiba:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834216042

Acer:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834215610

All already have release dates for tablets that will be more powerful than most people's windows 7 machine.

While Windows RT is enough for most people so is a iPad, a Kindle Fire, or an Nexus 7. I don't see Microsoft having a ton of success in the low end $200 tablet sector.
    Totally agree, that ad was trying too hard....

Here is your messiah speaking:
    http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...problem-144554

I really like Windows 8 and think Windows RT is a great long-term play against the iPad and other tablet challengers. But any excitement Microsoft generated around this launch will be squandered when people realize they just bought something that looks like Windows 8 but comes with even fewer apps than Windows Phone. That’s not a recipe for success, it’s a recipe for disaster. And I’m tired of cleaning up the mess.

I fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]king hate Apple, but openly admit I have an iPhone.

I'm not sure why they want to release a Windows RT version unless it's to make it more affordable to consumers, but the thing is consumers want a tablet experience, but through PC standards, which is what the Windows 8 Pro edition will bring. If you're going to get it, go all in and get the Windows 8 Pro version. The RT version will just hold you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I'm not sure why they want to release a Windows RT version unless it's to make it more affordable to consumers, but the thing is consumers want a tablet experience, but through PC standards, which is what the Windows 8 Pro edition will bring. If you're going to get it, go all in and get the Windows 8 Pro version. The RT version will just hold you back.
    I think they're targeting the general consumer and businesses with this. But then again, how can they aim for businesses when some apps don't run on it?

I can see the selling point to an avg consumer, but geeks or users with a higher demand won't be too thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I think they're targeting the general consumer and businesses with this. But then again, how can they aim for businesses when some apps don't run on it?

I can see the selling point to an avg consumer, but geeks or users with a higher demand won't be too thrilled.
    I'm curious how many people will purchase it and be like "Oh cool, a tablet PC!" then they'll figure out Winamp 5 or Photoshop won't even run on it.

I'm curious how many people will purchase it and be like "Oh cool, a tablet PC!" then they'll figure out Winamp 5 or Photoshop won't even run on it.
    I'm sure Adobe will eventually develop an app for this, but will it be too late? or will they even do so?

PS should be one of the premier apps, specially developed for this platform. I wonder how many apps that are compatible will be released from day 1?

What's the battery life on these things btw?

if it's gonna run some of the Metro pc apps, I wonder how much battery they're gonna drain?

I also question how well they're gonna run?

Apps designed specifically for devices are crash prone as it is, how well are the desktop based Metro apps gonna perform? are they gonna crash all the time? will they have many bugs? how well will the ui elements translate in this form factor? Will developers have to code for the two different environments? does the OS that's running these pads render apps differently? what will be the syncing and installation process?

Sorry, but I can't see this being a very good tablet unless most of those questions are solved.

I also hope some users don't get the impression that they'll be able to run their pc games on this, cause I doubt that'll happen. MS has to be very careful how they promote this.

Windows RT is really aim on the low end price point and compete against iPad. RT is strictly consumer-based due to no active directory integration.
    From a corporation stand point, managing iPads are already nightmare for IT, so we're not crazy on the RT version. However, we can't wait to get our hands on the Windows 8 Pro version laptop/tablet hybrids.

Well for business the most important programs are the microsoft office suite. Personally, all I need are Office, Excel and Powerpoint. I need the Word app to get the formatting PERFECT and I need the track changes functionality. Other than that there are 0 other things that I would need from a tablet.

Why would a typical person in business more apps than the Office Suite? Microsoft Office is the backbone of buinsess bro.

If this thing surfs the internet, has reliable MS Word, good keyboard, WSJ ,Netflix and Crunchyroll then I will buy ASAP. That is all I use my tablet for. That is all I want. The only thing I would love is the ability to write on pdfs and send the edited copy.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Well for business the most important programs are the microsoft office suite. Personally, all I need are Office, Excel and Powerpoint. I need the Word app to get the formatting PERFECT and I need the track changes functionality. Other than that there are 0 other things that I would need from a tablet.

Why would a typical person in business more apps than the Office Suite? Microsoft Office is the backbone of buinsess bro.

If this thing surfs the internet, has reliable MS Word, good keyboard, WSJ ,Netflix and Crunchyroll then I will buy ASAP. That is all I use my tablet for. That is all I want. The only thing I would love is the ability to write on pdfs and send the edited copy.
    [QUOTE]Windows RT will not run any desktop Windows applications beyond the applications that are bundled with the operating system. Bundled applications include virtually every single desktop application found in Windows 8

Question is, how well will Office work and how compatible will it be?

There's already apps to edit PDFs on other tablet platforms.

And what happens when Office is released for the other platforms as well? that will all but most certainly kill the Surface's biggest advantage for many.
    I want to be able to edit pdf documents with a high end pen. I don't think that exists on the IPad. I'm not considering any other tablet.

Well Office is bundled into the price. So is a keyboard. Seems like this would be the app for me personally. With Apple, I'd have to buy a lesser keyboard and still buy Office. Plus, I just don't want an IPAD.

Surface seems to do everything a tablet should do + Microsoft Office + good looking and distinctive + top of the line keyboard. Only thing missing is 3g/4g but I will just upgrade my phone to mobile hotspot.

What other applications would I want to run on a tablet? All, I ever use my entire laptop for are internet, netflix etc and Microsoft Office. I literally use no other programs since I stopped using torrents. Seriously, what are average doods using on their tablets/laptops that I'm missing?
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 10-21-2012 at 11:53 AM.