Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: Microsoft Surface Ad: Apple, You Got Served

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Tablets aren't ready to replace pcs though. That's why I think you have to price it competitively. In 5 years? Definitely will be ready to replace. For basic stuff you can do it on a tablet. Just my opinion

With that said though I see why you think it's not designed to compete with iPads.
    idk, if you mount a surface pro to a monitor it is pretty like a desktop. So for the price of a Surface Pro you get a cool tablet, nifty little laptop and you can mount it to a PC screen.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    wow, never heard anyone say that about the air. what is so bad about it?

i own one and its phenomenal.

Disclaimer, i only use it for office software and internet browsing. Don't do any heavy duty stuff with it but that's not what the MBA is really designed for.

wow, never heard anyone say that about the air. what is so bad about it?
    ive got the 2011 model. it freezes up all the time (when using osx), the wifi sucks ass, ergonomics are horrid (that tapered lid is the dumbest idea ever if you are trying to use the laptop in bed), i hate the retarded OS (i can boot into windows, but it cuts down on the battery life)

any modern ultrabook would blow it away imo

i'll probably sell it and buy an ultrabook once the new haswell chips come out

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    i own one and its phenomenal.

Disclaimer, i only use it for office software and internet browsing. Don't do any heavy duty stuff with it but that's not what the MBA is really designed for.
    mine freezes up even when im trying to open a folder, not even trying to run a processor intensive program.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    ive got the 2011 model. it freezes up all the time (when using osx), the wifi sucks ass, ergonomics are horrid (that tapered lid is the dumbest idea ever if you are trying to use the laptop in bed), i hate the retarded OS (i can boot into windows, but it cuts down on the battery life)

any modern ultrabook would blow it away imo

i'll probably sell it and buy an ultrabook once the new haswell chips come out
    I'm curious as to what you're doing on osx, to make it freeze. (if it's safari my pro has been doing the same thing since the last update)

seriously? just a folder?damn.

idk, if you mount a surface pro to a monitor it is pretty like a desktop. So for the price of a Surface Pro you get a cool tablet, nifty little laptop and you can mount it to a PC screen.
    No to mention if it's like Duo 11, it probably has Intel WiDi built in. You can use your TV as a second monitor wirelessly if you you get a WiDi receiver (about $75). Or are lucky enough to own a TV with WiDi built in.

I'm curious as to what you're doing on osx, to make it freeze. (if it's safari my pro has been doing the same thing since the last update)

seriously? just a folder?damn.
    that's the thing..this was happening since day one. granted it doesnt freeze everytime, but it will for simple random things
    . i've even wiped it and reinstalled lion fresh.

Surface RT sold like shit, most people do not like windows 8 and unwillingly to switch over. I don't like spending 1k for notebook in general, but at this point gimme the macbook air over this device.

that's the thing..this was happening since day one. granted it doesnt freeze everytime, but it will for simple random things
    . i've even wiped it and reinstalled lion fresh.
    That's the problem. Lion was as slow/stupid as Vista. I think the only thing that was good about that was airdrop. and maybe gestures.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Surface RT sold like shit, most people do not like windows 8 and unwillingly to switch over. I don't like spending 1k for notebook in general, but at this point gimme the macbook air over this device.

RT is watered down, doesn't run legacy apps, etc... It was doomed to fail.

As far as Windows 8 goes, if you have a touchscreen there is nothing wrong with it. Once you are in desktop mode it's practically identical to windows 7 anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

you are supposed to compare RT to an ipad and Pro to a MBA.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

That's the problem. Lion was as slow/stupid as Vista. I think the only thing that was good about that was airdrop. and maybe gestures.
    Not to make excuses, but Lion has been universally hailed as a weak OS. I was having many issues with it as well. And it even gave users with new Macs issues, so it isn't that it only gave older Macs problems.

The worst was Safari, I loathed that shit. Most of the issues most people had were due to Safari. The main problem was the automatic refreshing, you could turn it off but then you had other issues and annoyances, that was the reason most people (including myself) moved to Chrome. The entire OS itself was shaky here and there, good ideas but not coded to work consistently. When it worked, it was beautiful (and was the case 98% of the time, except for the horrid Safari), but when it didn't it was annoying. Most of this was a result of the auto back up.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

you are supposed to compare RT to an ipad and Pro to a MBA.
    YOu can get an Air for the same price (even slightly cheaper).

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    YOu can get an Air for the same price (even slightly cheaper).
    i know..and i would still prefer a Pro. (I have an RT and a MBA right now)

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Not to make excuses, but Lion has been universally hailed as a weak OS. I was having many issues with it as well. And it even gave users with new Macs issues, so it isn't that it only gave older Macs problems.

The worst was Safari, I loathed that shit. Most of the issues most people had were due to Safari. The main problem was the automatic refreshing, you could turn it off but then you had other issues and annoyances, that was the reason most people (including myself) moved to Chrome. The entire OS itself was shaky here and there, good ideas but not coded to work consistently. When it worked, it was beautiful (and was the case 98% of the time, except for the horrid Safari), but when it didn't it was annoying. Most of this was a result of the auto back up.
    Safari was shitty. And definitely made me switch to Chrome but that wasn't most of my issues.

-Finder froze alot.
    -the iTunes issues I had were endless: No sound, then I couldn't stay signed into the iTunes store even while DOWNLOADING something. Apple told me to just reinstall it, and then after that I couldn't install it for a week+
    -pages was sloooooooooow to open. (also iPhoto and mail)
    And Skype was a headache to use as well. (it occasionally still is)