Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1825262728

Default Re: Townhall Debate Thread Oct 16.

Check out the fact checks on Romney's "plan".

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Anyone with even the most elementary understanding of the oil and gas industry (like me) knows that the presidential administration has nothing to do with gas prices. I've never really understood why an intellectual, trusted source doesn't coherently explain this to the American people in a way that will stick.

It was true when gas was skyrocketing during W's time in office just before the collapse of the banks and it is true now under Obama. There is no partisan argument that will make it otherwise, but it is almost like the candidates can't admit completely that they have almost zero impact on the price of gasoline... It is almost more important to present an image of strength and that you have your finger on every industrial pulse in the world and take the hit on gas prices.
    I think pretty much every economist/non-moron has tried to make the point that gas prices are determined by global markets and forces outside of presidential control but it is just such an easy BS political card to play that there will never be a real push in the media to stop and say "wait, this is really stupid."

I have a question for y'all. This is something I've thought about. Oil prices started rising pretty quickly in 2003. Do you think the Iraq war had something to do with this?

I'm thinking that US military in an highly kinetic phase tends to use up a lot of oil.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Oil is really a unified global market. The notion that a President would have control over it is:

Romney's son said he wanted to swing at obama during the debate.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator
    Romney's son said he wanted to swing at obama during the debate.
    Sasha'd beat him down.