Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Re: World's fittest men of all time

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I don't get how non-athletes can make the list. Bruce Lee, Arnold, that other bodybuilder.

Seems like the creator of the list is talking about pure aesthetics, not functional fitness.
    Bruce Lee didn't have functional fitness?

Read up on his training habits.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Bruce Lee didn't have functional fitness?

Read up on his training habits.
    I'm not saying he didn't have functional fitness, but I am asking why he should top a list like this other than aesthetics. There is no substance behind that reasoning at all.

While he was more than just another martial arts movie actor, he wasn't quite a competitive athlete either. What exactly has Bruce Lee done to prove he was a more fit martial artists then, say, Ernesto Hoost? Why was he the best, and on what basis? Just all myth and people believing Bruce Lee's movies are documentaries.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I'm not saying he didn't have functional fitness, but I am asking why he should top a list like this other than aesthetics. There is no substance behind that reasoning at all.

While he was more than just another martial arts movie actor, he wasn't quite a competitive athlete either. What exactly has Bruce Lee done to prove he was a more fit martial artists then, say, Ernesto Hoost? Why was he the best, and on what basis? Just all myth and people believing Bruce Lee's movies are documentaries.
    If there weren't familiar faces on the list, no one would read it.

That's why that random dude that people here are inexplicably jerking off over didn't make the list.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Banned

This guy and that guy. 2 of the most fittest athletes in all of sport. Basketball and football(soccer) requires endurance, strength and explosiveness. Something these two possess. I think these two would do well in any sport and these sport help the train for functionality.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Michael Jordan

Banned

Lol @ the guy talking shit about Bruce Lee. To say he didn't have functional fitness? Please this ****ing guy could do 100 pushups with his dick alone. Just because he didn't have a lot of mass doesn't mean the guy wasn't a ****ing freak. Guy was no doubt the strongest pound for pound person to ever live.

Some of the people on this list are retarded. Not talking shit, but is there a guy in a wheelchair/stroller in the top 25? Pretty sure I can find quite a few more fit people than a guy that can't even walk. (Again no hate, but don't see how someone like that makes a most fit list.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Forgot about Serge. Good aesthetics as well.

Zyzz (R.I.P) should be on this list.

Internet celeb who was known for being chiseled like a Greek statue.

Yeah some guy that achieved all his success through roids and died as a result at 22 years old should be on this list. Sounds awesomebro

Not to mention this dude regularly partied, drank, did hard drugs. Guy had aesthetics, but he isn't fit at all. I doubt he'd be able to run 100 feet without collapsing on the ground.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    Yeah some guy that achieved all his success through roids and died as a result at 22 years old should be on this list. Sounds awesomebro

Not to mention this dude regularly partied, drank, did hard drugs. Guy had aesthetics, but he isn't fit at all. I doubt he'd be able to run 100 feet without collapsing on the ground.
    To be fair, he's a bodybuilder and bb's tend to be all show and no function. It's not just him, any bodybuilder in particular is not fit. I don't consider strength a key measure in fitness. I consider bodybuilders to be more like beauty queens, they are pretty much divas.

No bodybuilder should ever be considered when talking about fitness. They may look good but they are far from being fit. Fit is being able to run a mile in 5 minutes. It pisses me off that bodybuilders are talked about how they live this healthy lifestyle but it's far from the truth. They are drug induced bodies and they would fail any simple Physical Education Class Fitness Test.

I do lift weights and try to build a muscular body but at the same time I want to be able to do some of these fitness challenges that have been posted on ISH.

5-time NBA All-Star

Zyzz never did cardio. He'd get smoked.

^ Performed thousands of calisthenics every day and ate like sh!t but managed to outperform people who had superior diet and nutrition through pure rock hard will.

^ Look this guy oup on Youtube. Absolutely spectacular cardiovascular endurance. Dave Goggins. Runs more in one day than most do in a month.

^ Swam the English Channel at age 50-something. Absolute boss.

^ Guy is the guy that other boxers go to for training.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    To be fair, he's a bodybuilder and bb's tend to be all show and no function. It's not just him, any bodybuilder in particular is not fit. I don't consider strength a key measure in fitness. I consider bodybuilders to be more like beauty queens, they are pretty much divas.

I do lift weights and try to build a muscular body but at the same time I want to be able to do some of these fitness challenges that have been posted on ISH.
    So lifting weights has no effect on "functional strength"?

I guess all of the Football/Basketball/Hockey/Baseball/any ****ing sport players that lift weights has no impact on their performance.

Yeah ****ing right. Since I started lifting heavy my performance in functional sports such as basketball increased dramatically.

Banned

So lifting weights has no effect on "functional strength"?

I guess all of the Football/Basketball/Hockey/Baseball/any ****ing sport players that lift weights has no impact on their performance.

Yeah ****ing right. Since I started lifting heavy my performance in functional sports such as basketball increased dramatically.
    Please read in context.

Lifting, as in bodybuilding, is not functional. Lifting for strength, in a sport is functional.

Perhaps you are the ones that Jefferson Money mentions as high test but low IQ.

Banned

Please read in context.

Lifting, as in bodybuilding, is not functional. Lifting for strength, in a sport is functional.

"I do lift weights and try to build a muscular body but at the same time I want to be able to do some of these fitness challenges that have been posted on ISH."

Implying that lifting weights has no positive influence on "fitness challenges"

Next.

Banned

"I do lift weights and try to build a muscular body but at the same time I want to be able to do some of these fitness challenges that have been posted on ISH."

Implying that lifting weights has no positive influence on "fitness challenges"

Next.
    too much test and not enough iq.

go sit outside and get some sun.

Local High School Star

Please read in context.

You have many natural bodybuilders who lift primarily for strength and are overall pretty functional.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Zyzz never did cardio. He'd get smoked.
    Zyzz did cardio. Didn't you see those dances he used to do? His footwork and agility were nasty.

And, you get a cardio workout from lifting, by the way.