Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: World's fittest men of all time

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Zyzz did cardio. Didn't you see those dances he used to do? His footwork and agility were nasty.

And, you get a cardio workout from lifting, by the way.
    Anyone who dies in their early 20s for the reason he did does not belong on a "world's fittest men" list. It's obvious you idolize the guy, but let's get real here.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Anyone who dies in their early 20s for the reason he did does not belong on a "world's fittest men" list. It's obvious you idolize the guy, but let's get real here.
    He died from a heart defect he had since birth and making the mistake of falling asleep in a sauna, not due to any "lack of fitness".

I'm being facetious by saying he belongs on this list, but to say he wasn't fit is silly. Simply taking steroids won't get your cut up like that. It takes many hours of hard work in the gym to burn as many fat calories he did to achieve that definition.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Please read in context.

Lifting, as in bodybuilding, is not functional. Lifting for strength, in a sport is functional.

Perhaps you are the ones that Jefferson Money mentions as high test but low IQ.

What the hell did i just read

Banned

He died from a heart defect he had since birth and making the mistake of falling asleep in a sauna, not due to any "lack of fitness".

I'm being facetious by saying he belongs on this list, but to say he wasn't fit is silly. Simply taking steroids won't get your cut up like that. It takes many hours of hard work in the gym to burn as many fat calories he did to achieve that definition.
    He wasn't very fit. Good body but not fit at all.

Like the poster says, when you die in your 20's...you are not fit.

He wasn't very fit. Good body but not fit at all.

Like the poster says, when you die in your 20's...you are not fit.
    So, Hank Gathers and Reggie Lewis weren't fit? Not fit at all? They had no level of fitness whatsoever.

Banned

So, Hank Gathers and Reggie Lewis weren't fit? Not fit at all? They had no level of fitness whatsoever.
    I know you are some skinny kid that got inspired by Zyzz. It's ok, he was an inspiration to thousands and set out to do what he said but let's not lie and say he's fit when he says he doesn't even do cardio.

I know you are some skinny kid that got inspired by Zyzz. It's ok, he was an inspiration to thousands and set out to do what he said but let's not lie and say he's fit when he says he doesn't even do cardio.
    So you avoid my question to make some wholly inaccurate personal attack on me.

Why do you assume I'm "some skinny kid"? How do you know I'm not some beefed-up roider with high blood pressure who's taken offense to your comments about Zyzz since I might resemble those remarks and could possibly die a similar death?

I'm neither, btw. I've got a good build and general level of health.

Back to my point that you ignored... I think it's inaccurate to call any of those men who died in their 20's "unfit" due to structural heart problems. Instead, it'd make more sense to say they were too fit for their heart's capacity. Zyzz doing strength training 5 days a week actually is a cardio benefit. He was way fitter than the average human being just from doing that alone.

Come back with some type of worthwhile argument, son.