Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: Could James Harden lead a playoff caliber team as the lead player/scorer?

He could be nr1 scorer and go to guy in the clutch, but I expect rockets wont be too much dependent on the beard. With our young guys developing, in a few years I see strong team fighting for top spots.

Earned not given

Default Re: Could James Harden lead a playoff caliber team as the lead player/scorer?

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Did you account for the fact that 95% of the time Harden was playing with Durant/Westbrook on the bench he was playing against other teams' 2nd unit?
    Exaaaaactly. Harden isn't suddenly going to go beast mode against every teams best wing defender.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Did you account for the fact that 95% of the time Harden was playing with Durant/Westbrook on the bench he was playing against other teams' 2nd unit?
    That's a bunch of BS. Google before you type. from looking at it it's safe to say that it;s closer to 95% of the time Harden was on the floor with Durant and Westbrook

Number one most seen combination on the floor for 688 minutes last season, Westbrook-Sefolosha-Durant-Ibaka-Perkins

Number two most seen combination on the floor last year 408 minutes, Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Ibaka-Perkins

#5 Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Ibaka-Collison
    #6 Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Collison-Perkins
    #7 Westbrook-Harden-Sefolosha-Durant
    *8 Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Collison

Number one offensive combination on the floor last year, Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Ibaka-Perkins

Of the top 10 win% of player combos (OKC used 20 different variations last season) Harden is in 8 of the top 10 combinations
    Last edited by daily; 10-28-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    That's a bunch of BS. Google before you type. from looking at it it's safe to say that it;s closer to 95% of the time Harden was on the floor with Durant and Westbrook

Number one most seen combination on the floor for 688 minutes last season, Westbrook-Sefolosha-Durant-Ibaka-Perkins

Number two most seen combination on the floor last year 408 minutes, Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Ibaka-Perkins

Number one offensive combination on the floor last year, Westbrook-Harden-Durant-Ibaka-Perkins

Of the top 10 win% of player combos (OKC used 20 different variations last season) Harden is in 8 of the top 10 combinations

Harden didn't face other teams benchs 95% of the time, simple math would tell you that.
    He averaged 31 minutes a game, starters usually play 35 minutes a game so that leaves about 13 minutes for the bench players to play.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by daily

You misunderstood my post. I'm not saying Harden didn't play with Durant/Westbrook. The guy I quoted was saying Harden's stats were good/better while he was on the floor alone (ie running the offense with Durant and Westbrook on the bench) than while he was playing alongside them.

My point was in those situations (Harden on the floor, Durant/Westbrook on the bench) he was usually playing against the other teams' 2nd unit.

Harden's gonna have a lot of 6-25 nights with 5 TO's where the team loses by 24 type of nights. That's all I'm sayin.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by liquidrage
    Harden's gonna have a lot of 6-25 nights with 5 TO's where the team loses by 24 type of nights. That's all I'm sayin.
    Even if he averages great numbers as the best player, the Rockets are still a borderline playoff team. Bad nights and good nights are going to happen. From an outsider looking in, Harden, Lin, and Asik isn't exactly a scary foundation (but it is a start). Kind of reminds me of the mid-2000's Bulls (Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng, Tyson Chandler, etc). Good enough to make the playoffs (and lose early) with 40-47 wins in the weak eastern conference. But in the west right now it's going to be tougher.

As of now, it would have to be a team like the 2004 Pistons for Harden to be the top player. Or a becoming a missing piece for a very deep team like Denver. When u look at SG's like MJ, Kobe, West, Wade, T-Mac, and Drexler, they were all great scorers AND great all around players. Harden as of now is a very good scorer and very good all around. So as taletned as he is, he's a tier or likely two below these kind of guys right now.

U also have dominate weapons like Pete, Monroe, Iverson, and Gervin. Harden hasn't proven he can totally dominate a game like these guys scoring the rock. AI and Pete can also swing to PG and play it better than Harden does when he swings to PG. And let's not forget guys like Thompson, Mitch, etc.

I name all of these legends because they are ALL DOMINANT PLAYERS. They are true alpha dogs and the standard in that regard for the position. If anything, Harden is more line with a Dumars, Joe Johnson or Ginobli kind of impact. Which is being an elite multiple time All Star kind of player who can even accumulate an HOF resume or close. But all guys who aren't as dominant as the epic SG's in terms of dominance.
    Last edited by bizil; 10-29-2012 at 11:03 PM.

He is only 23 years old. I think he can be lead player in a playoff caliber team. He doesn't need to be as good as some of the legends to carry a team in playoffs.

However, I don't think he'll be lead player in Rockets after couple of seasons. I think he'll be option b or side kick for franchise player.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    This thread is now the James Harden Statistics Tracker thread.

My prediction is 24 PPG to lead the Rockets for 2012-13 season.
    Game 1 (W):
    37 points on 14-25 shooting(4-10 from 3's), 6 boards, 12 dimes, 4 steals and a block.

Decent playground baller Fatstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    I personally don't think so. I think his game style is much more suited to coming off the bench/being a complimentary player.. like Manu.

He can easily out score westbrook. harden is a starter. It was a good move for basketball for him to go to rockets and i think hell be in the chase for leading scorer this year.

Um... yes..

AK47DR91

Game 1 (W):
    37 points on 14-25 shooting(4-10 from 3's), 6 boards, 12 dimes, 4 steals and a block.

Game 2 (W):
    45 points on 14-19 shooting(2-4 from 3's), 7 boards, 2 assists.

AK47DR91

This thread is now the James Harden Statistics Tracker thread.

My prediction is 24 PPG to lead the Rockets for 2012-13 season.
    @ me.... I'm way off with 24 PPG.