Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: how high above the rim is gerald green here?

LMAO...James whites is better...come on now....GREENS is just the ANGLE...WHEN THE CAMERA is on the floor and someone jumps...the angle makes it seem they are jumping higher than they really are.....freaking james white and green had a dunk competition did you guys see my link?

James white HEAD ABOVE RIM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9vO8o-zL_Q

Banned

you guys fail....white's is better .....more legit...better angle....

here is the video:

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    you guys fail....white's is better .....more legit...better angle....

here is the video:

show the side view dumbass - his eyes are about rim level with the hoop not his shoulders. Theres a little thing in photography called depth of field. Look it up. In the view your looking at James is closer to the camera than the rim and backboard, thus he looks "bigger" thus his magnified appearance also makes him look higher up in relation to the rim than reality. The other view shows how high he got, not the crummy view you posted. Green and White both look like they get the same height (briefly able to glance down the rim). Both jumps impressive, but your an idiot if you think the pic you posted represents how high White got. BTW, this depth of field thing applies to another pic I've seen in this thread of Green with his shoulders obnoxiously high that was taken from accross the court - that pic is also a rubbish one too. Both guys I have no doubt could glance down the ring (which virtually no one in NBA history has done save for perhaps a small handful of players) - but it can be certain that neither gets their shoulders level with it unless it thats just poor angles if it appears that way.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 10-29-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Who is this poster and why is he/she obsessed with pushing this James White agenda? lol...

That angle is as bad or worse than Green's. Look how far away from the rim James is on that. Green is jumping right next to the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    show the side view dumbass - his eyes are about rim level with the hoop not his shoulders. Theres a little thing in photography called depth of field. Look it up. In the view your looking at James is closer to the camera than the rim and backboard, thus he looks "bigger" thus his magnified appearance also makes him look higher up in relation to the rim than reality. The other view shows how high he got, not the crummy view you posted. Green and White both look like they got the same height (briefly able to glance down the rim). Both jumps impressive, but your an idiot if you think the pic you posted represents how high White got.
    Green is definitely higher. I think White is the better leaper when it comes to length and height, but in terms of getting up, Green has him, at least in the two videos comparable.

Use some photoshop tools and you'll get a better perception of depth and what not. Green's bottom lip is in line with the ring.

NBA rookie of the year

To be fair no one has posted the video where White tries to touch the top of the backboard.

Here is the video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElTzC2M34cY

His last attempt is beyond sick, look how high he is..

NBA rookie of the year

show the side view dumbass - his eyes are about rim level with the hoop not his shoulders. Theres a little thing in photography called depth of field. Look it up. In the view your looking at James is closer to the camera than the rim and backboard, thus he looks "bigger" thus his magnified appearance also makes him look higher up in relation to the rim than reality. The other view shows how high he got, not the crummy view you posted. Green and White both look like they get the same height (briefly able to glance down the rim). Both jumps impressive, but your an idiot if you think the pic you posted represents how high White got. BTW, this depth of field thing applies to another pic I've seen in this thread of Green with his shoulders obnoxiously high that was taken from accross the court - that pic is also a rubbish one too. Both guys I have no doubt could glance down the ring (which virtually no one in NBA history has done save for perhaps a small handful of players) - but it can be certain that neither gets their shoulders level with it unless it thats just poor angles if it appears that way.

You should be the last one to tell someone such a thing, you even used to claim that this video you uploaded was a video where Wilt touched the top of the backboard.

In fact, you even drew a line..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EpVZS26BUs

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    You should be the last one to tell someone such a thing, you even used to claim that this video you uploaded was a video where Wilt touched the top of the backboard.

In fact, you even draw a line..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EpVZS26BUs
    Your straight up lying. Never once have I said he "touches" the backboard in that vid, other posters are the ones who tried to say that - you may need to sharpen up your abilities of remembering who says what. In fact, in the video text it explicitly states that he comes a couple of inches below it based on the figures I estimated - you will find no claims of him actually reaching it by me. Sh*t at the end of the day the sensationalist vibe of the video was to help propell my channel to popularity and it seems to work seeing as how thats my most popular vid. And the "line" you speak of does not show his fingers touching the top of the backboard, it is just to show how near was to it. So I am guilty of making a sucky sensationalist diagram that you failed to interpret the way I intended. Oops, sorry. You can calm down now about Wilt, I dont understand why your panties always get tied in a knot in completely unrelated threads - once again, this aint a Wilt thread breh
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 10-29-2012 at 09:57 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Your straight up lying. Never once have I said he "touches" the backboard in that vid, other posters are the ones who tried to say that - you may need to sharpen up your abilities of remembering who says what. In fact, in the video text it explicitly states that he comes a couple of inches below it based on the figures I estimated - you will find no claims of him actually reaching it by me. Sh*t at the end of the day the sensationalist vibe of the video was to help propell my channel to popularity and it seems to work seeing as how thats my most popular vid. And the "line" you speak of does not show his fingers touching the top of the backboard, it is just to show how near was to it. So I am guilty of making a sucky diagram that you failed to interpret the way I intended. Oops, sorry. You can calm down now about Wilt, I dont understand why your panties always get tied in a knot in completely unrelated threads - once again, this aint a Wilt thread breh
    You actually did, bruh, but you edited your video description after people called you out for the horrible line you drew in an attempt to make his jump look way higher than what it really was.

Du ljuger, och jag vill inte battla dig, jag vill spela luffarschack.. - Von Hagen

VON HAGEN 4 President

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    You actually did, bruh, but you edited your video description after people called you out for the horrible line you drew in an attempt to make his jump look way higher than what it really was.

Du ljuger, och jag vill inte battla dig, jag vill spela luffarschack.. - Von Hagen

VON HAGEN 4 President
    Realized your mistake so now you've resorted to baseless accusations and swedish trash talk?
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 10-29-2012 at 10:23 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Realized your mistake so now you've resorted to baseless claims and swedish trash talk?
    Read the first line, brother, don't mix swedish with english.

It's the truth, and you know it. Deny it if you want and everyone else knows it as well, no other idiot would draw that green line and then now claim that your intention wasn't to make it look like Wilt was up there..

So spineless that you even edited the description of your video. My main point was and is that you're the last one who should call out anyone based on the nonsense you wrote about the pic of James White since you use the same dirty nonsense to promote your loverboy Wilt a la drawing a line from the backboard to his hand as if it would look like he was up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackmorris
    Nah. Gerald Green just has insane hoops. Not hard to believe he could do this.

Banned

Here is where JAMES WHITE has to duck his head while jumping from freethrow line.....INSANE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocZByq9lVOc

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Yep...he clearly could get his head above the rim. No question about it. Why are people even questioning it? He blew out a candle on the rim during the dunk contest..