Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars 7 in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    Zero artistic integrity from George Lucas. What a pathetic money grubbing worm. You are already rich and yet you sell your entire creation just for more. Shame on him, honestly.
    apparently money grubbing means signing up to the giving pledge - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giving_Pledge

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Right, and they could've done that without making him a one dimensional cardboard cutout character. Just because he has some issues, doesn't mean he can't be a 'good' kid. That's what made Vader's character so compelling in Empire and Jedi, the fact that he was in conflict with himself, and his redemption came when he realized the 'good' that his son sensed in him. Like I said when I reviewed 'Looper', the kid who played the young rainmaker was basically how I envisioned a young Anakin. A kid with an overall good heart, but someone plagued by some demons and struggling to control his precocious abilities/power.

Compare Jake Lloyd's work in Phantom with Pierce Gagnon in Looper. Which character is more compelling? Which is more fleshed out, more human?

People are much more complex than simply being 'good' or 'bad' and when characters are written in that mold, you get the Phantom Menace.

I think we are generally agreeing..

I just don't believe Anakin's backstory is a problem at all.. I think its a great backstory...I just think the actor's they chose and way they tried to tell it in the movies was a failure.

I wouldnt have chosen that Devon kid though because I think George's idea of anakin was good, just not jake or this other kid...

Maybe move his age to a different period, and introduce him as a slightly older kid.. Basically choose someone else

I was looking forward to seeing the story of Anakin, but Hayden mostly, was empty, and he didnt come across as somebody I cared about..

I like Star Wars but Ive never gotten deep into it so I'm more intrigued about that possibilities than I am concerned about any downsides.

will smith should be in it

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    I think we are generally agreeing..

I just don't believe Anakin's backstory is a problem at all.. I think its a great backstory...I just think the actor's they chose and way they tried to tell it in the movies was a failure.

I wouldnt have chosen that Devon kid though because I think George's idea of anakin was good, just not jake or this other kid...

Maybe move his age to a different period, and introduce him as a slightly older kid.. Basically choose someone else

I was looking forward to seeing the story of Anakin, but Hayden mostly, was empty, and he didnt come across as somebody I cared about..
    I think they botched Anakin Skywalker's rise (or I should say fall) to the Dark Side. The actors they choose had a lot to do with this, but they also told the story wrong. They didn't make the prequels about him really. It was about the Trade Federation and the Empire and stuff. It should have been about Anakin, and I think the best thing they could have done was really make it about Anakin and Obi Wan and their relationship. But even if they just did the Padme it wasn't enough about Anakin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Disney hasn't let me down yet with the Marvel and Pixar movies post buying those companies, so I really can't see how this goes wrong.

I agree. Are we all going to act like Pixar hasnt been knocking it out of the park lately?

Now I will agree with some of you that there IS a real potential of releasing a shit product here, but ....honestly? Could it be ANY WORSE than the crap fest that Lucas has shoveled out there lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    I think they botched Anakin Skywalker's rise (or I should say fall) to the Dark Side. The actors they choose had a lot to do with this, but they also told the story wrong. They didn't make the prequels about him really. It was about the Trade Federation and the Empire and stuff. It should have been about Anakin, and I think the best thing they could have done was really make it about Anakin and Obi Wan and their relationship. But even if they just did the Padme it wasn't enough about Anakin.

Not to mention the dialog written for Anakin portrayed more of a "bratty" kid throwing a temper tantrum most of the time, rather than the aspects of the dark side seducing him.

These films should have been a hell of a lot darker.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Considering what Lucas did to the prequels, could Disney do much worse?

Banned

Don't clown. They now have these rights in their back pocket. Marvel and Star Wars? These are kibble investments to a giant. I bet Disneyland tickets alone covered these ventures.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Wow. This will probably be terrible, but I am curious. Not like the prequels didn't already ruin the original trilogy anyway.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Wow. This will probably be terrible, but I am curious. Not like the prequels didn't already ruin the original trilogy anyway.
    How does it ruin the original trilogy? I just pretend they never existed and I can watch the OT just fine. Except for the parts where Lucas added CGI in the 90s, that kind of gets my blood pressure up.

Banned

They should put a Star Wars world in Kingdom Hearts III

Future D1 Dad

lucas has finally lost it. bad enough he made the horrible newer 3 films, now this.

I hope they keep the original talent on board. That would be hilarious.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar