Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Default Re: Colorado legalizes recreational marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    Source?
    Does my friend who's been a chronic pot smoker for 20 years count? He can't go to the store without a list because if he's buying more than 2 things he forgets the second one

Brilliant artist but he's totally baked and he blames pot 100% for his poor memory

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    that's pretty young for an alcoholic to go...

sorry
    yup...too young

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    What? Coke became popular in the '80s (or maybe it started in the '70s), and it has a much worse rep than weed probably ever had (not sure about when assholes were spitting out all kinds of propaganda against it, though). Coke head/crack heads are seen in a far worse light than potheads were. People think of Colombian drug lords, Mexican cartels, ruthless drug dealers and all kinds of shady people when they think of it. Look at popular culture. Weed was in comedies and high school movies while coke was in violent crime movies.
    Yes, but when weed becomes fully legalized then cocaine won't be seen in such a bad light anymore. Cocaine will move to what weed currently is eventually. It is media bias that cocaine is in a bad light while weed is in a good one. The media will eventually shift cocaine in the good light and put some other drug that's already bad in an even worse light.

It's already popular. It's #2 behind weed, so if weed were to be made legal across the board, then coke would become #1. I can't see it becoming like weed, though. Many negative things came along with the epidemic of the '80s, and it's worse, not as helpful, more addicting, etc...
    Well if alcohol can become legal despite its harmful effects then I think cocaine can and should be argued to be legal as well. Most illicit drugs could be legalized.

I think it will happen at some point.

it is still illegal according to federal laws, they have to find a way to repeal or legally bypass it or things such as felony possession charges will still be in effect.

a step in the right direction though, once govts start realizing that they are wasting huge pools of resources in persecuting marijuana users they'll realize that these same resources could help elsewhere, which is crucial in a volatile economic climate.
    Last edited by Burgz V2; 11-09-2012 at 02:58 PM.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Yes, but when weed becomes fully legalized then cocaine won't be seen in such a bad light anymore. Cocaine will move to what weed currently is eventually. It is media bias that cocaine is in a bad light while weed is in a good one. The media will eventually shift cocaine in the good light and put some other drug that's already bad in an even worse light.

Well if alcohol can become legal despite its harmful effects then I think cocaine can and should be argued to be legal as well. Most illicit drugs could be legalized.

I think it will happen at some point.
    no dude...it is pretty much impossible to put cocaine in a "good light" at this point

this isn't the 1700s anymore

and I really don't want to see that drug legal EVER...just because alcohol is legal doesn't mean we should make crack and heroin legal as well...fck that

Banned

no dude...it is pretty much impossible to put cocaine in a "good light" at this point

this isn't the 1700s anymore

and I really don't want to see that drug legal EVER...just because alcohol is legal doesn't mean we should make crack and heroin legal as well...fck that
    Well, do you think pot should be legalized like it's on the way to being? We don't know for sure if it will happen but it is looking like it.

My stance is simply, either keep every drug illegal like pot, cocaine, etc. and then make alcohol illegal or legalize every drug. I don't think they should nitpick which drugs you can or cannot use.

It should be all or nothing.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Well, do you think pot should be legalized like it's on the way to being? We don't know for sure if it will happen but it is looking like it.

My stance is simply, either keep every drug illegal like pot, cocaine, etc. and then make alcohol illegal or legalize every drug. I don't think they should nitpick which drugs you can or cannot use.

It should be all or nothing.
    naw...keep hard drugs and prescription drugs illegal

alcohol and tobacco would be illegal if that was possible, but those beasts are just an unstoppable force that have casual users

there are no casual users of crack and heroin...they are meant purely just to get high, not to enjoy with your chicken dinner

Banned

naw...keep hard drugs and prescription drugs illegal

alcohol and tobacco would be illegal if that was possible, but those beasts are just an unstoppable force that have casual users

there are no casual users of crack and heroin...they are meant purely just to get high, not to enjoy with your chicken dinner
    Well, I'm just saying that when one door closes, another one opens. Chances are the next door is cocaine since it is the #2 drug as stated.

I think only smoking pot is bad, not marijuana as a whole (weed brownies, etc. are ok imo) but then again there is academic journals for people to read if they want legitimate research and stats on it. I hate it when people reference some pha[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR] on YouTube or some needledick in a message board or an article. They are no more credible than anyone on here.

btw, I'm still not sure if you said weed should be kept illegal unless you considered weed a prescription drug.
    Last edited by StateOfMind12; 11-09-2012 at 03:16 PM.

I've been hearing about how easy it is to grow marijuana, so in the end the government wont be able to tax it and gain much money from it, is there really any truth to this?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Cangri
    I've been hearing about how easy it is to grow marijuana, so in the end the government wont be able to tax it and gain much money from it, is there really any truth to this?
    The pot most people smoke is grown indoors with expensive lights, precise amounts of fertilizers and a hydroponics setup. It can get very expensive.

I think it will grow outside, but the product will be shitty, maybe even unsmokable. When I was in high school a friend of mine found a bunch of wild marijuana plants and he grabbed like a whole trashbag full. We tried smoking it and it was horrible, didn't get high at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    The pot most people smoke is grown indoors with expensive lights, precise amounts of fertilizers and a hydroponics setup. It can get very expensive.

I think it will grow outside, but the product will be shitty, maybe even unsmokable. When I was in high school a friend of mine found a bunch of wild marijuana plants and he grabbed like a whole trashbag full. We tried smoking it and it was horrible, didn't get high at all.

Yeah I was thinking something like that, growing pot on your own would be a hassle and I definitely would want to buy quality pot from a local store anyways.

Banned

If this measure gets over the federal hurdle (and I'm assuming it will go before the Supreme Court), I think other states will adopt it once they see the cash windfall that Colorado and Washington will receive from the tax revenue (last I heard it was set at 15%). That's a lot of scratch.

Yes, but when weed becomes fully legalized then cocaine won't be seen in such a bad light anymore. Cocaine will move to what weed currently is eventually. It is media bias that cocaine is in a bad light while weed is in a good one.
    What are you talking about? It's more harmful, more addicting, less useful, and you can OD on it.

And: "The crack epidemic is correlated with a sharp increase in crime on an unprecedented scale, especially violent crime. Research by two prominent economists from the University of Chicago, Steven Levitt (co-author of Freakonomics and winner of the 2003 John Bates Clark Medal) and Kevin Murphy (winner of the 1997 John Bates Clark Medal) suggest that crack was the most prominent factor contributing to the rise and fall of social ills in the African American and Latino communities between 1980 and 2000.

Between 1984 and 1994, the homicide rate for black males aged 14 to 17 more than doubled, and the homicide rate for black males aged 18 to 24 increased nearly as much. During this period, the black community also experienced an increase in fetal death rates, low birth-weight babies, weapons arrests, and the number of children in foster care."

It's seen in a more negative light because it's more negative. Have you tried these things? They won't be seen in the same light and they shouldn't.

Coke is a much harder sell than weed and alcohol. Prohibiting alcohol didn't work out, there's not the same problem with coke.

Local High School Star

Lol @ the people in here worrying about the feds, only the biggest of growers/distributors will even be known about, let alone prosecuted for crimes. They're not going to waste their time on stoners.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Well, I'm just saying that when one door closes, another one opens. Chances are the next door is cocaine since it is the #2 drug as stated.
    doubt it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocaine#Medical_effects