Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Colorado legalizes recreational marijuana

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    And so what happens when someone irresponsible totally fcks their life up and needs to go to rehab? Who gets to pay for that?
    This is the same kind of logic that has lead to a ridiculous ban of 16+ oz sodas in NY.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    The point is that America about freedom and choice, so if someone wants to be some obese **** then let them be and if someone wants to be a coke addict then let them be.

If you don't let them be, then they'll just do it on their own anyways, kind of like pot in the past decade.
    You don't get it. You only have freedoms up until the point where they infringe upon mine.

It's not simply freedom of choice when the rest of the responsible taxpayers have to suffer the consequences of your poor decisions.

You don't get it. You only have freedoms up until the point where they infringe upon mine.

It's not simply freedom of choice when the rest of the responsible taxpayers have to suffer the consequences of your poor decisions.
    If instead of sitting here spouting your bullshit you would go and do your research, first thing you would notice is that drug use in countries where everything is decriminalized is much lower than those where they are illegal. With decriminalization comes education, the reason there are so many junkies is because they started early cause they thought it was cool, and had no idea what they were getting into. If people are properly educated about what is what then drugs wont be such an epidemic. Making them illegal does not make them go away, they are very easy to get on the street. You would know this if you actually go outside and see how shit is rather than speculating about some bullshit that was hammered into your brain by some sheltered idiots.

NBA rookie of the year

Everything within reason though. Obviously I have no right to attack you, but if I chose to get fat and rely on your taxes to keep me alive I can.

I mean lets use an extreme example, you should pay 100% taxes and support me, because you not doing so infringes on my freedom to not work.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Everything within reason though. Obviously I have no right to attack you, but if I chose to get fat and rely on your taxes to keep me alive I can.

I mean lets use an extreme example, you should pay 100% taxes and support me, because you not doing so infringes on my freedom to not work.
    How ridiculous. The Constitution does not grant you the "freedom not to work"

Don't even know why I'm arguing with you, you are going to rationalize this any way you can.

NBA rookie of the year

How ridiculous. The Constitution does not grant you the "freedom not to work"

Don't even know why I'm arguing with you, you are going to rationalize this any way you can.
    I was using a ridiculous example

My point was someone getting fat/addicted/cancer from a drug/whatever doesn't directly impact your well being, at least not to a big extent. Most people won't choose to be drug addicts or fatasses if they have the option of being one.

Banned

The tax that these people will have to pay to buy their drugs will go to their rehab facilities.

Is that better?

Decent college freshman

I was using a ridiculous example

My point was someone getting fat/addicted/cancer from a drug/whatever doesn't directly impact your well being, at least not to a big extent. Most people won't choose to be drug addicts or fatasses if they have the option of being one.
    It impacts me because it jacks up the cost of health insurace, and money that I paid in taxes goes to government welfare programs to help these losers.

Unbelievable how this generation thinks they are simply entitled to other people's money. It doesn't effect him that much, therefore he should give the money he worked his ass off for to me. What a pathetic attitude that is becoming all too common in this country.

Bottom line is I have no problem with you doing whatever the hell you want to yourself as long as I don't have to pay for it. Get addicted to meth, gain 500 lbs, chop your dick off, I don't give a shit as long as I don't have to pay for it.

Repeal Obamacare, cut government welfare programs, then you can have your freedom for all. Until then shut up.

NBA rookie of the year

It impacts me because it jacks up the cost of health insurace, and money that I paid in taxes goes to government welfare programs to help these losers.

Unbelievable how this generation thinks they are simply entitled to other people's money. It doesn't effect him that much, therefore he should give the money he worked his ass off for to me. What a pathetic attitude that is becoming all too common in this country.

Bottom line is I have no problem with you doing whatever the hell you want to yourself as long as I don't have to pay for it. Get addicted to meth, gain 500 lbs, chop your dick off, I don't give a shit as long as I don't have to pay for it.

Repeal Obamacare, cut government welfare programs, then you can have your freedom for all. Until then shut up.
    Why aren't you pissed about all of your money that went to bailout the banks and the fact that Lochhead charges like $200 million per jet fighter?

Why aren't you pissed about all of your money that went to bailout the banks and the fact that Lochhead charges like $200 million per jet fighter?
    Because! Some niBONG welfare queen somewhere is getting $10 bucks worth of food stamps for the week. THE HORROR

Decent college freshman

I am pissed that my money went to the bailout and I think the people responsible should have faced criminal charges. But I also realize we would have been a lot worse off without it.

As far as military spending goes I am not so naive to think that if we cut our military the world geopolitical scene would remain the same. Our military is the reason we dictate international politics. It is the reason we run this shit. Besides that, the military does far more peacekeeping than it does war starting. I support military spending 100%.

NBA rookie of the year

I am pissed that my money went to the bailout and I think the people responsible should have faced criminal charges. But I also realize we would have been a lot worse off without it.

As far as military spending goes I am not so naive to think that if we cut our military the world geopolitical scene would remain the same. Our military is the reason we dictate international politics. It is the reason we run this shit. Besides that, the military does far more peacekeeping than it does war starting. I support military spending 100%.
    You support the defence industry price gouging the federal government?

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill...ouging-charges

EDIT: a lot of military spending is inefficient. When we build weapons systems the manufactures try to spread out the parts manufacturing to as many different districts and states as possible so congressmen and senators have skin in the game. It's hard to vote against jobs in your district. As you can imagine this is inefficient and causing artificially high prices.

Eg. For a tank, the cannon is built in one state, the tread in another, the chassis in another etc.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 11-07-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Decent college freshman

You support the defence industry price gouging the federal government?

http://thehill.com/blogs/defcon-hill...ouging-charges
    Absolutely not

Marijuana, okay. But not other more powerful drugs please.

I rule the local playground Turkododo's Avatar