Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default A huge flaw with NBA League Pass Broadband

So I was watching a game tonight and paused the game with a minute left in the third quarter. I had to go do something for twenty minutes.

Twenty minutes later I came back to the game and picked up right where i left off with a minute left in the 3rd quarter. Every thing was great and I was able to watch up until 5 minutes were left in the 4th quarter.

But then the stream stopped, apparently because the game had just finished in real time and the game was archiving .

TLDR; You can't use League Pass Broadband like a DVR and pause the game and expect to come back to it later and finish the game in its entirety.

Default Re: A huge flaw with NBA League Pass Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    So I was watching a game tonight and paused the game with a minute left in the third quarter. I had to go do something for twenty minutes.

Banned

I did this, with the orlando game today no issues, game would have finished in real time while I was in the 3rd, no issues here

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Yeah I've made that mistake before... It sucks, but basically if you know the game ended in real time, don't fast forward or rewind or anything. Just let the video play out and you can watch it till the end.

I agree though, it's a really stupid flaw and makes you not see the end of the game for literally 30 minutes after it ends

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalmInsanity
    Yeah I've made that mistake before... It sucks, but basically if you know the game ended in real time, don't fast forward or rewind or anything. Just let the video play out and you can watch it till the end.

I agree though, it's a really stupid flaw and makes you not see the end of the game for literally 30 minutes after it ends
    Oh wow, i think that's it...it stopped after i fast forwarded a little bit (i tried to fast forward through a commercial break). After that, i couldn't watch any of the game.

So okay, it's not too bad then...it's still kinda strange though and you won't be able to skip commercials in a game that you are watching on a little 10 minute delay...but okay cool least you can watch the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA4EVER
    for 20 minuttes.......

Niqqa was watching ball and had a sudden urge to buss nuts.

Is league pass broadband lagging for anyone? I had this last year and it never lagged for me. Just bought it and its lagging very a lot and looks extremely different.

Also the NY vs. DAL game isn't even working for some reason.

A major flaw is not wanting to stay awake until 3 am to watch a NBA game and the next day after avoiding everything NBA, arriving at home to watch the archive game, realizing there is no way you can access the game without knowing the final score

Only reason i don't buy ILP, i can watch a game the next day without knowing the score with torrents, HD quality also.

Havent experienced that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    A major flaw is not wanting to stay awake until 3 am to watch a NBA game and the next day after avoiding everything NBA, arriving at home to watch the archive game, realizing there is no way you can access the game without knowing the final score

Only reason i don't buy ILP, i can watch a game the next day without knowing the score with torrents, HD quality also.
    Ofcourse you can do that with ILP? Just turn scores OFF, it will memorise it for next time, that way nothing will be spoiled for you... When you go to LeaguePass then go directly to LeaguePass page (instead of nba.com) here: http://watch.nba.com/nba/home so you dont see any nba.com stuff/scores/spoilers
    Last edited by pauk; 11-10-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glo41
    Is league pass broadband lagging for anyone? I had this last year and it never lagged for me. Just bought it and its lagging very a lot and looks extremely different.

Also the NY vs. DAL game isn't even working for some reason.
    Yea sometimes when i watch live, i just take it down to 1600 kbps and there is less problems, i cant see any difference on the picture between the two anyways....

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Ofcourse you can do that with ILP? Just turn scores OFF, it will memorise it for next time, that way nothing will be spoiled for you... When you go to LeaguePass then go directly to LeaguePass page (instead of nba.com) here: http://watch.nba.com/nba/home so you dont see any nba.com stuff/scores/spoilers
    Dude was searching an excuse NOT to pay.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

it isn't free would be its biggest flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Yea sometimes when i watch live, i just take it down to 1600 kbps and there is less problems, i cant see any difference on the picture between the two anyways....
    Thanks for the response. Is there a way to lower the quality on a replay? Also I remember there being a condensed game feature before on league pass but I can't find that now.

National High School Star

The BIGGEST flaw last year was that if you watched an archived game (I have International League Pass) that it would still make you wait two minutes or so with the stupid game break screen for commercials. This year if you watch an archived full game it auto skips timeouts, commercials etc. Such a pleasure...sooooo much better.

I agree though, this year the quality doesn't seem as good and there is a lot more laggy/buffering going on. Maybe I just need to plug in my ethernet cable and not go wifi on it though. Will test that out and see what's up. Some games stream better than others. It's good enough for now...I assume it will improve as the season goes on and less and less people watch the games.