Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Twitter Racists React to

[QUOTE=oh the horror]In case you were hopeful that Obama winning a second term was some kind of indication that racism doesn't really exist anymore, check out Twitter. The amount of hate speech, referring to the president as a "n*gger," a "monkey," calling for violence and for the south to "rise again" was depressing

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    What is reverse racism?

Black on white racism is not as common as white-on-black racism from what I've seen, and tat's all Go Getter is saying.
    And additionally, blacks are not in a position to systematically and economically subjugate whites.

Most blacks are racist because they are scared of whites....HISTORY has taught our parents who in turn taught us that white people (a large amount) do not like us for whatever reasons.

Modern day whites cling to the melodrama of angry blacks being out to get them when in reality most blacks live in America live in 5 cities and commit crimes on other blacks.

*Mind you, I tell my friends in the hood that the biggest enemy of the hood is US because WE do all (well, the lion's share of) the killing, degradation of women, and property damage, etc...

I'm not looking to blame whites for anything, I just think that young white men have a skewed view of the world. The country was basically handed to entitled baby boomers (who got a ridiculous head start on the rest of the country) who are now in turn complaining about immigrants, hand outs, and leeches.

It's irony at it's worst.

Everyone needs to just calm down.

I'm tired of people putting Obama on a pedestal and I'm tired of people demonizing him.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

What is reverse racism?

Black on white racism is not as common as white-on-black racism from what I've seen, and tat's all Go Getter is saying.

What is reverse racism?? Can't be a serious question.

Black on white racism is just as prevalent. If you deny that, then you've got blinders on to the facts. Blacks voting solely for Obama because he is black really doesn't bridge the unity gap amongst us Americans.

GoGetter, love your avi

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    And additionally, blacks are not in a position to systematically and economically subjugate whites.

Most blacks are racist because they are scared of whites....HISTORY has taught our parents who in turn taught us that white people (a large amount) do not like us for whatever reasons.

Modern day whites cling to the melodrama of angry blacks being out to get them when in reality most blacks live in America live in 5 cities and commit crimes on other blacks.

*Mind you, I tell my friends in the hood that the biggest enemy of the hood is US because WE do all (well, the lion's share of) the killing, degradation of women, and property damage, etc...

I'm not looking to blame whites for anything, I just think that young white men have a skewed view of the world. The country was basically handed to entitled baby boomers (who got a ridiculous head start on the rest of the country) who are now in turn complaining about immigrants, hand outs, and leeches.

It's irony at it's worst.

Everyone needs to just calm down.

I'm tired of people putting Obama on a pedestal and I'm tired of people demonizing him.
    But wouldn't you say racism against black people has diminished a lot in this country. I don't think being black is a huge disadvantage anymore. In 2012 if a person doesn't have a good job and makes under 50k a year that is largely due to circumstances other than race imo. I think being poor is a much greater disadvantage than being black. In the modern corporate world most offices dislike being 100% white male and will go to some effort to try to find qualified minority employees and females, if for no other reason than to be PC.

If I was give the choice of being born in a poor family of any race, or a rich black family I would choose being born in the rich black family any day of the week. Being poor imo is a great disadvantage than being in a minority group.

A white child in a trailer park in the south has much less chance of being successful than a black child born to middle class parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    What is reverse racism?? Can't be a serious question.

Black on white racism is just as prevalent. If you deny that, then you've got blinders on to the facts. Blacks voting solely for Obama because he is black really doesn't bridge the unity gap amongst us Americans.

No, black on white racism s not as prevalent. Blacks do not wield the power that white people do. NOt saying that if blacks weren't the majority in the US that we would behave any better but it is what it is.

When Bush got elected the second time black people were not out threatening to kill him or making racial epithets towards the POTUS. Most black people are too scared of the gov't to get down like that.

Voting for Obama because he is black is IGNORANT, not necessarily RACIST.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    But wouldn't you say racism against black people has diminished a lot in this country. I don't think being black is a huge disadvantage anymore. In 2012 if a person doesn't have a good job and makes under 50k a year that is largely due to circumstances other than race imo. I think being poor is a much greater disadvantage than being black. In the modern corporate world most offices dislike being 100% white male and will go to some effort to try to find qualified minority employees and females, if for no other reason than to be PC.

If I was give the choice of being born in a poor family of any race, or a rich black family I would choose being born in the rich black family any day of the week. Being poor imo is a great disadvantage than being in a minority group.

A white child in a trailer park in the south has much less chance of being successful than a black child born to middle class parents.
    1. I do agree that race is not as big of a factor as it used to be. Even in a white bread state like Utah people are much more understanding and kind than they are given credit for. (I'm speaking on Mormons here specifically).

2. It's not about being rich or poor, it's mostly who you know, the circles you're plugged into. The advantages that white gleaned while non-whites could not compete with them are immeasurable. There is no way we are going back in time and giving back prime land, docs, and tourist attractions to the people that deserve them....there is no way that families that were swindled out of generations of natural resources and m anual labor are getting that back.

3. As a group blacks in America depend on white people, not the other way around, it is what it is....which is why black being racist doesn't matter on a grand scale. Of course on a personal level there are racists in every group. The only thing is blacks, especially older blacks, can point to why they fear and hate whites. (even though hatred is not a healthy way to deal with the issues)

4. would you rahter be poor and white with blond hair and blue eyes in America or be a black man? Which life would you think, all things being equal, would be more difficult?

NBA rookie of the year

What is reverse racism?

Racism is the belief that your race is inherently and genetically superior to another race.

Reverse racism is the belief by a minority (black, asian, hispanic, etc) that their race is inherently and genetically superior to whites. (in terms of academics, intelligence, athleticism, social skills, family unity, creativeness, kindness, etc).

If someone believes their race is inherently and genetically superior to another race, in whatever category they are racists imo.

NBA rookie of the year

1. I do agree that race is not as big of a factor as it used to be. Even in a white bread state like Utah people are much more understanding and kind than they are given credit for. (I'm speaking on Mormons here specifically).

2. It's not about being rich or poor, it's mostly who you know, the circles you're plugged into. The advantages that white gleaned while non-whites could not compete with them are immeasurable. There is no way we are going back in time and giving back prime land, docs, and tourist attractions to the people that deserve them....there is no way that families that were swindled out of generations of natural resources and m anual labor are getting that back.

3. As a group blacks in America depend on white people, not the other way around, it is what it is....which is why black being racist doesn't matter on a grand scale. Of course on a personal level there are racists in every group. The only thing is blacks, especially older blacks, can point to why they fear and hate whites. (even though hatred is not a healthy way to deal with the issues)

4. would you rahter be poor and white with blond hair and blue eyes in America or be a black man? Which life would you think, all things being equal, would be more difficult?
    1. I agree, most mormons are nice people, few kind of bad for them how everyone rags on them.

2. Being poor is what limits your social networking the most. Anyone that went to private school will tell you the connections made are the greatest advantage. Most jobs aren't ever advertised. Bosses ask employees to make recommendations. I got my start in the auditing profession because of family, and chose to pursue my CPA designation because I knew i was well connected in the industry. Poor kids in a trail park dont have any of these advantages. Rich black kids probably do.

3. I think this problem will evaporate over time.

4. honestly I would rather be a black middle class person than a poor white person. To be fair I am white and come from a fairly privileged background so maybe im ignorant of how hard it is for black people.

Just in my social circles and the corporate environments I have been in, I haven't heard open disdain for minorities and frequently hear people comment on the poor with if not outright hostility at least disdain. You should hear what people say about white trash and people living in trailer parks openly. Even during corporate meetings, it is completely socially acceptable to mock the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    1. I agree, most mormons are nice people, few kind of bad for them how everyone rags on them.

2. Being poor is what limits your social networking the most. Anyone that went to private school will tell you the connections made are the greatest advantage. Most jobs aren't ever advertised. Bosses ask employees to make recommendations. I got my start in the auditing profession because of family, and chose to pursue my CPA designation because I knew i was well connected in the industry. Poor kids in a trail park dont have any of these advantages. Rich black kids probably do.

3. I think this problem will evaporate over time.

4. honestly I would rather be a black middle class person than a poor white person. To be fair I am white and come from a fairly privileged background so maybe im ignorant of how hard it is for black people.

Just in my social circles and the corporate environments I have been in, I haven't heard open disdain for minorities and frequently hear people comment on the poor with if not outright hostility at least disdain. You should hear what people say about white trash and people living in trailer parks openly. Even during corporate meetings, it is completely socially acceptable to mock the poor.
    Like I said, just off the perception of who you are when you're black it is easier being a white person in America (in the same social strata).

I agee with your post though. Either way black on white, white on black, this anger and disdain for people is unacceptable and quite scary especially if you have children.

Local High School Star

lol at this nig stuck in the 60s. being black is easy as hell today. never have to worry about anything but collecting foodstamps.

When Bush got elected the second time black people were not out threatening to kill him or making racial epithets towards the POTUS. Most black people are too scared of the gov't to get down like that.
    Exactly. Try to imagine what those crazy Right-Wing 2nd Amendment White Dudes would say if a black guy was carrying this sign? They'd call for him to be arrested on the spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio
    we gonna act like before the election 90% of black people didnt have these type of tweets?
    Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio
    lol at this nig stuck in the 60s. being black is easy as hell today. never have to worry about anything but collecting foodstamps.

Your feeble attempt at provoking me did not work.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

Romney didn't even win his own state of Mass.. If your own people can't trust you, how in the hell do you expect a entire nation too? I can't say all but A LOT of white people are naturally racist! Whether they know it or not, regardless of intent. I'm not white nor black but I have all sorts of friends of different ethnicities and it's sad but real to see. White folk have this superiority complex that they are not necessarily taught with but raised up watching and experiencing as they get older.. I don't see this changing in the near future but I do see it slowly getting better eventually.. the only thing that white men have is their women.. I hate to admit it but DAYUM! White women are the masters of the universe..

http://thechive.com/2012/04/18/a-fas...thought-video/