Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: The obvious move for the Lakers is Phil

If he loved pulling strings with Kobe/Shaq and Kobe/Gasol, I bet Phil's mouth is watering at the thought of playing with a new chess piece in Dwight.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lebeast666
    Dumbest thing you could have said. Aint nobody putting an end to Miami winning championships
    "lebeast666"

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Jackson is the wrong choice.
    ****ing deep analysis.

Dumbest thing you could have said. Aint nobody putting an end to Miami winning championships
    Lebron will when he walks his ass somewhere else. Lebron's winning titles, not Miami.

Banned

This will be completely up to Phil. If Phil doesn't want to then expect Eddie Jordan to step in as the head coach.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default Re: The next obvious move for the Lakers

The next 2 moves I predict will be to bring in Dantoni, then trade Pau and Steve Blake to the raptors for Bargs, Gray, John Lucas and Landry Fields.

Nash, Lucas
    kobe Meeks
    Metta Fields
    Bargs, Hill
    Howard, Gray

Raps
    Lowry, Calderon, Blake
    Derozen, Ross
    Kleiza, Anderson
    Pau, Amir, Davis
    Val, Pau

Both teams would appear to be better after that trade. La gets a stretch 4, lucas who can shoot and defend a bit on the ball, Gray, nice size off the bench and Fields as a defender off the bench.
    Raps get a go to powerforward and a great inside out combo with Val. Blake takes lucas' role with Toronto.
    Last edited by barkleynash; 11-09-2012 at 02:54 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

The guy won 11 championships with 2 superstars at the top and a bunch of role players. You think he's screwing up Kobe, Dwight, Gasol and Nash, even with no training camp? GTFOH. Phil's GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    ****ing deep analysis.

Having a rough...post 2009.

If Jackson actually came out of retirement, for the Lakers, again...the Lakers don't need someone to come in and take advantage of every forward movement they make. He left LA. He needs a new challenge. It would go very stale, I believe.

Jerry Sloan is a terrific coach and he's itching to coach again. Those Utah teams were always very good, but they were carried but the best duo this side of Michael and Scottie. They also had Hornacek...but while they often had a decent bench, they didn't have many options outside of those 2. This Lakers team has an incomplete bench, but very solid guys in Hill, Jamison, Meeks...and Blake is not as bad as people make him out to be. Sloan would likely maximize him.

Also, his system is perfect for this team...especially because he wouldn't stop Nash from running. His system was always a much better evolution of what the Princeton offense is supposed to be.

Default Re: Stan Van Gundy is the obvious hire

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    How weird would a Van Gundy/Howard reunion in LA be?

so awkward lol

Default What is obvious is that the Lakers should hire Sloan

His teams are always very hard in their playing style. A lot of great passing from big men to guard cutters. He has that Kobe hardworking mentality that the rest of the team needs, especially Gasol and Howard. He also knows how to use a point guard like Nash.

Good High School Starter

Default Re: The next obvious move for the Lakers

Scalabrine, Kobe, Dwight, Nash, and Pau

GOAT team...hands down.

#Scalabrine4Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Having a rough...post 2009.

If Jackson actually came out of retirement, for the Lakers, again...the Lakers don't need someone to come in and take advantage of every forward movement they make. He left LA. He needs a new challenge. It would go very stale, I believe.

Jerry Sloan is a terrific coach and he's itching to coach again. Those Utah teams were always very good, but they were carried but the best duo this side of Michael and Scottie. They also had Hornacek...but while they often had a decent bench, they didn't have many options outside of those 2. This Lakers team has an incomplete bench, but very solid guys in Hill, Jamison, Meeks...and Blake is not as bad as people make him out to be. Sloan would likely maximize him.

Also, his system is perfect for this team...especially because he wouldn't stop Nash from running. His system was always a much better evolution of what the Princeton offense is supposed to be.
    I have high standards i expect from you!

I like Sloan but i'm not sure Laker mgmt would like him. He is very abrasive.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Still standing by my choice of Byron Scott. He's a Laker Alumni, always succeeds with a top PG, and empowers smart players like Kobe and Nash.

I mean, he's not an Xs and Os coach but a really good motivator, which is probably all LA needs.

Decent college freshman

jackson wont take the job, because he knows miami will win the title for some years. he will only come back if winning title opportunity represents

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Still standing by my choice of Byron Scott. He's a Laker Alumni, always succeeds with a top PG, and empowers smart players like Kobe and Nash.

I mean, he's not an Xs and Os coach but a really good motivator, which is probably all LA needs.
    It's kind of hard to hire a coach that's already coaching another team. Chances are Lakers just hire one of the assistants to step in like Eddie Jordan.