Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 86
  1. #16
    NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,786

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    I think i am ok with the Mike D'Antoni signing.

    Phil reached and thought the lakers were freaking needy to go to him and Dr Buss B1tch slapped him. I trust Dr Jerry Buss, Mitch & Jim buss(after this summer) more now then last year

    Phil Wanted:
    Stake in ownership or 10-12 mil
    wanted to coach only home games
    wanted to have a say in personal moves the lakers were making.

    basically Phil wanted Jim/Mitch to hand him the key to the franchise. Which i say Fcuk NO.

    Mike D is talking about bringing Nate Mcmilan as his top assistant and planning on retaining Chuck P & Steve Clifford. Which is a good idea

    I would like to see this before giving my opinion on this.

    I trust in Jerry Buss.

  2. #17
    NBA rookie of the year DKLaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,754

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    Quote Originally Posted by mr sax
    I can just imagine what Phil Jackson said:

    "I want 10 million a year and I want to coach all out of town games from my couch. I'll call my assistant coaches on my cell phone and tell them what to do." hahaha

    The biggest downside of this hire is that my buddy DK is going to gripe, whine and bitch about it the entire season! In DK's words:



    hahahahahaha Just joking DK.

    I'm leaving town tomorrow until Xmas so I won't be able to check in as often. DK, I suspect upon hearing this news that you will be saddened but do try and get along without me. Have a great Thanksgiving guys!
    LMAO...that was pretty funny
    See, I like this Mr.Sax much better

    Have a very Happy Thanksgiving

  3. #18
    NBA rookie of the year DKLaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,754

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    I think i am ok with the Mike D'Antoni signing.

    Phil reached and thought the lakers were freaking needy to go to him and Dr Buss B1tch slapped him. I trust Dr Jerry Buss, Mitch & Jim buss(after this summer) more now then last year

    Phil Wanted:
    Stake in ownership or 10-12 mil
    wanted to coach only home games
    wanted to have a say in personal moves the lakers were making.

    basically Phil wanted Jim/Mitch to hand him the key to the franchise. Which i say Fcuk NO.

    Mike D is talking about bringing Nate Mcmilan as his top assistant and planning on retaining Chuck P & Steve Clifford. Which is a good idea

    I would like to see this before giving my opinion on this.

    I trust in Jerry Buss.
    I get where you are coming from HOWEVER......
    How much money has Phil meant to this Lakers franchise?

    Stake in ownership....I would say no to anything above 1% at the point that we have pushed all our money into the center of the table.....what's the big deal to pay him even up to $20 million a year? Is he less valuable than Kobe?
    Pau is getting $18 million this year....is HE worth more than PJ
    Better yet, coaches salary doesn't count against the cap.....so Pau is really costing us $36 million....and we don''t want to pay Phil?????

    Phil not coaching the road games? I don't think it makes much difference as long as the assistant knows the system and Phil was coaching all Playoff games. Phil is 1000000000 x > 'Antoni ( No D ).
    This is like turning down sleeping with Kim Kardashian for 6 months out of a year in favor of sleeping with Rosie O'Donnell for the full year

    Having a say in team personnel.....is this really a problem? He has always had a say in his own way, he didn't like rookies so we drafted and he wouldn't play them RIGHT. So he had control in his own way.....what is the real problem here? He want's to get players he can actually use???? Do you think he would seek out Smush Parker and Kwame to come back in trades??? What's the worst that could happen??? Ok.....so he'd bring back Luke, that's just 1 guy.

    I trust in Jerry Buss too.....but Jerry didn't do this...this is clearly a Jimmy move.

    What I see happening is that within 2 years 'Antoni will be out and we will be paying him $$$ for nothing just like we are paying the remainder of Brown's contract EXACTLY AS I SAID WE WOULD from the day we signed him.

    3 years from now we will be paying 'Antoni, Brown and the next coach who comes in.....how is that cost effective???

    I mean damn, there were good viable candidates out there who would've better fit this team.....hell, Dunleavy would have even been better.
    At least 'Antoni does know basketball and is not an idiot...but his ideas will never be successful in the NBA and will most likely lead to a Dwight exit after the season. We will not catch Boston in titles....not anytime soon.

    I have loved my Lakers since 1960 and this is the biggest fiasco since the Shaq trade.....maybe biggest ever considering how freaking much talent we have.

    I took a whole ton of heat when I said this about Mike Brown, I expect to take even more heat about this now.......but just like with Brown you will all realize that I am right........but hey, at least the team should be exciting.

  4. #19
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,719

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    I was really bummed to read this new this morning. I really would've liked McMillan to be the head coach and for D'antoni to be the assistant, but it looks like it will be the other way around. If we land McMillan too, it won't be so bad. I just don't see what the Lakers management is thinking when they are hiring coaches.

  5. #20
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,114

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    the main fault was to hire MB so unnecessary fast! and now again the same hurry. i dont understand it.

  6. #21
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,719

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    This is interesting....

    Peter Vecsey: How surprised were Jackson's people? Agent Brian Musberger was on Chicago-2-LA plane 2 negotiate w Lakers re contract when D'A was hired. Twitter @PeterVecsey1

  7. #22
    Whap'em ZenMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,488

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    So....he made up facts that are well known throughout the NBA and are very easy to look up???? Uh.....sure
    Yes he did.

    I just looked up one example and in 07 Phoenix was ranked 13th in defense...

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2007.html

  8. #23
    NBA rookie of the year DKLaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,754

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
    the main fault was to hire MB so unnecessary fast! and now again the same hurry. i dont understand it.
    This was rash, impulsive Jimmy Buss at work once again

  9. #24
    Double Dribble Expert kobesabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Surf Cities
    Posts
    3,077

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    This is interesting....
    I saw that this morning too on LA Times and another where Phil was stunned.

    Many Lakers fan are stunned.

    They didn't even bother negotiate to curb Phil's requests. This is still about anti-Phil.

    If this turn out to be another failure experiment and wasted this year or next. Definitely Phil won't be coming back to answer them.

    If I were Phil now, I probably take other team offers then Lakers won't be having the last laugh and D'Antoni won't be having smooth sailing either.

    I think this experiment will fail again.
    7 seconds or less won't work. It didn't work with Carmelo. It probably won't with Kobe too.
    If Kobe became Carmelo, what can DAntoni do? Quit again?
    Kobe and Nash don't have fresh legs anymore. Even if they could, they probably won't have much energy near the end of the game.
    7 seconds or less system could get Nash hurt 7 seconds or less.
    Dwight Defensive strength will probably get rusty overtime
    You don't have that many sharp shooter on the current roster
    DAntoni couldn't handle 1 mega stars, how can he handle 3 more?
    DAntoni himself is sensitive to criticism when he should be neutral to it.
    If this whole thing fail, they will lose a number amount of Lakers fans.
    Last edited by kobesabi; 11-12-2012 at 06:28 PM.

  10. #25
    NBA rookie of the year DKLaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,754

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Yes he did.

    I just looked up one example and in 07 Phoenix was ranked 13th in defense...

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2007.html
    Look at the opponent PPG
    Anyone who knows the game can tell you that his teams don't play Defense.....even owners, gm's and players who were involved with him have stated this........apparently you missed all this......it's just like arguing that water is wet

  11. #26
    NBA rookie of the year DKLaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,754

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    Quote Originally Posted by kobesabi
    I saw that this morning too on LA Times and another where Phil was stunned.

    Many Lakers fan are stunned.

    They didn't even bother negotiate to curb Phil's requests. This is still about anti-Phil.

    If this turn out to be another failure experiment and wasted this year or next. Definitely Phil won't be coming back to answer them.

    If I were Phil now, I probably take other team offers then Lakers won't be having the last laugh and D'Antoni won't be having smooth sailing either.

    I think this experiment will fail again.
    7 seconds or less won't work. It didn't work with Carmelo. It probably won't with Kobe too.
    Kobe and Nash don't have fresh legs anymore. Even if they could, they probably won't have much energy near the end of the game.
    7 seconds or less system could get Nash hurt 7 seconds or less.
    Dwight Defensive strength will probably get rusty overtime
    You don't have that many sharp shooter on the current roster
    Oh you right......and these guys will find out soon enough.

  12. #27
    Whap'em ZenMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,488

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Look at the opponent PPG
    Anyone who knows the game can tell you that his teams don't play Defense.....even owners, gm's and players who were involved with him have stated this........apparently you missed all this......it's just like arguing that water is wet

    Defensive rating is more important than opponent ppg..

    And even in opponent ppg they weren't 4th last..

  13. #28
    NBA rookie of the year DKLaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,754

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Defensive rating is more important than opponent ppg..

    And even in opponent ppg they weren't 4th last..
    Doesn't matter what you say, this crap is going to fail just as Mike Brown did, I was 100% correct then and have not an ounce of doubt that I am correct again......everyone knows his system will never work in the NBA playoffs.
    The playoffs are about defense, rebounding and halfcourt offense......'Antoni is terrible at all of these.

  14. #29
    cereal killah daily's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,566

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Yes he did.

    I just looked up one example and in 07 Phoenix was ranked 13th in defense...

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2007.html
    Stephen A was using PPG which is wrong.
    The Suns played at a high pace leading to more possessions per game so scoring would naturally go up on both ends of the court. You have to adjust PPG by possessions to get a true rating which has the Suns at the 13th spot you linked to.

    It is Stephen A Smith after all, never one to be shy about bending the facts to make his points. Arguing with Skip Bayless overtime will do that to you

  15. #30
    Whap'em ZenMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,488

    Default Re: Sources: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

    Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Doesn't matter what you say, this crap is going to fail just as Mike Brown did, I was 100% correct then and have not an ounce of doubt that I am correct again......everyone knows his system will never work in the NBA playoffs.
    The playoffs are about defense, rebounding and halfcourt offense......'Antoni is terrible at all of these.
    Maybe so, but there is a point to calling you and Stephen A out when trying to sell people on stats that are simply not true.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •