Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Joey Dorsey Euroleague MVP countdown: 2012/2013

This is the official Joe Deisel Euroleague MVP watch thread. Post his game stats in here as we count down his days til winning Euroleague MVP glory

Default Re: Joey Dorsey Euroleague MVP countdown: 2012/2013

11 minutes played, 7 points, 4 rebounds, 2 turnovers and 3 fouls committed in a 85-81 win in their first game vs Caja Laboral.

Truly MVP worthy....

No lie, Euroleague said Dorsey is every bit as good as prime Ben Wallace, if not better, in one of the threads he was going on and on about Barcelona's win over the Mavs. Just said Dorsey wasn't given a fair shake in the NBA.

Starting center for the Euroleague champions!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Starting center for the Euroleague champions!
    They will only go as far as Joe Diesel takes them

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    No lie, Euroleague said Dorsey is every bit as good as prime Ben Wallace, if not better, in one of the threads he was going on and on about Barcelona's win over the Mavs. Just said Dorsey wasn't given a fair shake in the NBA.
    Why would you care what a person who's openly completely lost his mind says?

Are you also one of those people who go crazy over what Skip Bayless says? Even though he's clearly just saying things to make people go crazy..

Euroleague and Skip Bayless are the same, they just have different audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    They will only go as far as Joe Diesel takes them
    Do not forget the other NBA rejects Acie Law and Kyle Hines.

1. He IS every bit as good as prime Ben Wallace.

2. Neither prime Ben Wallace, nor current Joey Dorsey would ever sniff a Euroleague MVP award.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Why would you care what a person who's openly completely lost his mind says?

Are you also one of those people who go crazy over what Skip Bayless says? Even though he's clearly just saying things to make people go crazy..

Euroleague and Skip Bayless are the same, they just have different audiences.
    Apparently you forgot how Wallace was when he played in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    1. He IS every bit as good as prime Ben Wallace.
    This has to be in the top 5 stupidest things you've ever posted. I don't think prime Ben Wallace would be Euroleague MVP caliber either, but Joey Dorsey wasn't nearly as good his first four years in the NBA as Ben Wallace was his first four years in the NBA before going to the Pistons...and pre-Pistons version of Wallace wasn't anything special. But pre-Euroleague version of Joey Dorsey was the very definition of NBA scrub, but worse.

Seriously, please tell me why you think Joey Dorsey is as good as prime Ben Wallace?

Dorsey could play 15 seasons in the NBA and he wouldn't have had 1/10th of the defensive impact in those 15 seasons combined as Ben Wallace did in his single best season.

This has to be in the top 5 stupidest things you've ever posted. I don't think prime Ben Wallace would be Euroleague MVP caliber either, but Joey Dorsey wasn't nearly as good his first four years in the NBA as Ben Wallace was his first four years in the NBA before going to the Pistons...and pre-Pistons version of Wallace wasn't anything special. But pre-Euroleague version of Joey Dorsey was the very definition of NBA scrub, but worse.

Seriously, please tell me why you think Joey Dorsey is as good as prime Ben Wallace?

Dorsey could play 15 seasons in the NBA and he wouldn't have had 1/10th of the defensive impact in those 15 seasons combined as Ben Wallace did in his single best season.
    Joey Dorsey is a beast. He just needed playing time. He's definitely not as good at rebounding or shot blocking as Ben Wallace was, but other than that, he's equal or better at everything else.

And he's basically the same exact type of player, only in all honesty, Dorsey has bigger potential. Dorsey actually has some offensive skills and talent, believe it or not. He can actually contribute something on offense.

And you keep going on and on about shit that is illogical and has no pertinence.

Joey Dorsey is a beast. He just needed playing time. He's definitely not as good at rebounding or shot blocking as Ben Wallace was, but other than that, he's equal or better at everything else.

And he's basically the same exact type of player, only in all honesty, Dorsey has bigger potential. Dorsey actually has some offensive skills and talent, believe it or not. He can actually contribute something on offense.

And you keep going on and on about shit that is illogical and has no pertinence.

Yeah, except the gap between Ben Wallace's rebounding ability and defensive ability/impact laps Dorsey's several hundred times over. Whatever gap Dorsey could've ever potentially developed in the NBA as an offensive player never would've entered the same stratosphere as Wallace's defensive impact.

Just stop. Acting like Joey Dorsey was on the verge of breaking out and being as good as one of the best defensive anchors in NBA history (because he could've had a better offensive game) is ignorant. I may not be able to definitively say you're wrong in some of your outlandish claims about Euroleague players being able to do this or that in the NBA, but this is something I can definitely call you out on. I've seen enough of Joey Dorsey and saw a lot of Ben Wallace.

Like I said in the other thread. Dorsey was averaging about 10 MPG, 3 PPG, 4 RPG on some really bad teams. Before getting 12.1 MPG in just 43 games on a really bad Raptors team in 2011, he was a 6-7 MPG player on other bad teams. He was so bad he wasn't even really a rotational player on bad teams. And it wasn't because he was being "held-back." He just wasn't very good.

Ben Wallace, in his last three seasons (he played four in total) before going to the Pistons was averaging 20 MPG. He was a full-time starter by his last year in Orlando and averaged 5 PPG and 8 RPG. Obviously those aren't eye-popping numbers, but he was doing a lot more before breaking out with the Pistons than Dorsey even came close to doing before going the Euroleague route.

I wish Dorsey the best and hope he succeeds over there but you have absolutely zero evidence to say he's every bit as good as prime Ben Wallace, and if you truly believe that, then you have no idea just how significant Wallace's impact was on the defensive end.

Dorsey is just undersized. I think hes 6'8 in shoes. But the guy plays much bigger than his height suggests

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Joey Dorsey, from what I remember at Memphis and Houston had motivation and mental issues. He doesn't seem to have the sense of competition that Ben Wallace does.

2. Neither prime Ben Wallace, nor current Joey Dorsey would ever sniff a Euroleague MVP award.
    But Kirilenko and Anthony Parker have.