Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast
    Sunshine State

Default Re: Destiny (Bungie's new video game) early details:

I'm terrible at the crucible no matter what weapon I use, I'm just bad at it.

If you can pick a weapon and become really good at it, most of the time you can be very efficient with it. Being precise and getting shots to the head in this game are paramount (as it usually is with shooting games)

You fellas need to look up the Loot Cave on Youtube or something like that. Picked up some legendary armor doing that shit and it was super easy. Just takes some time grinding.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

So got to the competitive multi. It's decent but not anything special. I'll likely beat the game and try to get some good stuff, but I don't see myself picking this up for a while after I beat it. The competitive stuff is okay but I have so many other, better options.

Such a shame because like I said earlier I think there is a GREAT game hidden in there somewhere.

Banned

Quick suggestion, beat the game first before you go to crucible, when you beat it, you get the strangers gun, which has 200+ damage. I have used that like crazy after I got it. Add me on ps4 if y'all want

The_Almighty_GFK

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    You fellas need to look up the Loot Cave on Youtube or something like that. Picked up some legendary armor doing that shit and it was super easy. Just takes some time grinding.
    Been doing that lately but all my drops have been shit, and whenever I get a legendary drop it's a heavy weapon I already have an exotic machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Been doing that lately but all my drops have been shit, and whenever I get a legendary drop it's a heavy weapon I already have an exotic machine gun
    Yeah I feel ya. I didn't do it for a long ass time. I've only been able to do it about 5 minutes at a time. I just don't have the patience. It was completely random yesterday though. I needed that. It was the helmet. I'll probably do it again if I get on today.

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

I played a competitive multi and halfway through the game why are 80% of the players either Warlock or Hunter is the titan class shitty I'm a warlock btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodmantheman
    I played a competitive multi and halfway through the game why are 80% of the players either Warlock or Hunter is the titan class shitty I'm a warlock btw.
    Everyone that I talk to (irl) that has this game is playing warlock

Sunsinger seems like it's better than the Voidwalker imo

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Sunsinger seems like it's better than the Voidwalker imo
    That's what I've been seeing around on different forums. I just started sunsinger last night.

I haven't tried the Titan or Hunter but from reading up on it the classes Warlock seems to be the best class imo.

I wanted to do all 3 classes but I doubt I even finish the game with my first class. I had way more fun on the beta than I am on the full game.

I don't know what takes less skill, the PvP aspect of this game or the PvE.

I call Destiny the game of randomness that awards you for time put in instead of actual skill.

PvE - run around doing missions and grinding until you can actuall get to the skillful aspect of the game which is the raid. I'm a level 28 and have all legendary armor, weapons, exotic weapons. Just slowly collecting ascendant shards and energy to max out the armor and weapon abilities. It's a grinding, boring process that takes zero skill whatsoever, it's just time consuming.

PvP - Can I please get killed by something other than a special kill or a weapon that uses heavy amo? That's what it is 95% of the time. Both of those take zero skill to use, meanwhile I'm owning with my sniper rifle, pulse rifle, and hand cannon or using my throwing knives.

I use a hunter because at least the melee move requires skill in throwing the knives and the super move is a golden gun that requires you to aim instead of just jumping into a crowd and getting instant kills with a warlock or titan special.

What is really sad is that I was doing a bounty which required 20 scout rifle kills that had to be head shots in the crucible, and still came in first place (not even using my real primary or secondary guns...what a joke...) only to see some noob with 4 kills and 20 deaths get a legendary engram. LOL

That's all this game is... randomness which requires no skill unless you are playing in the raid.

Level 28 missions are a joke when your character is at level 28.
    Last edited by Straight_Ballin; 09-23-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    That's what I've been seeing around on different forums. I just started sunsinger last night.

I haven't tried the Titan or Hunter but from reading up on it the classes Warlock seems to be the best class imo.

I wanted to do all 3 classes but I doubt I even finish the game with my first class. I had way more fun on the beta than I am on the full game.
    I had my Voidwalker stuff maxed all the way out and figured I'd work on the Sunsinger part. It just feels so much better. Especially in the Crucible. I can't explain why, but I come in first place a lot now vs 3rd-last place using the Voidwalker stuff.

I got Thorn.

Goddamn is she a sexy handcannon. For some reason its the only handcannon I'm not godly with in multiplayer though. I can't figure it out there, my best guess is the impact is a bit lower than a few of the other handcannons. Campaign it works well.

Just gonna reply to a bunch of shit you guys said without quoting, I'll bold shit so if you don't care about part of it you can skip over easily:

About the cave: Use a wax idol, it increases the money you get, so even if you get shitty drops, you're gonna get a lot of glimmer. Also, you don't have to even shoot at the enemies to get credit for the kills IF you're in the same area as the people shooting at the cave (which you should be otherwise either the thralls or the other hive members don't spawn). If there's enough people doing it I get lazy, and just turn on netflix for a bit, and watch it. Check back every 5 or so minutes. Yeah it's douchy I know. But you'll get credit for the kills, AND still get drops/glimmer.

About the crucible: Until the iron banner releases, all the weapons are balanced equally. Meaning that a level 14 assault rifle will do as much damage as a level 20. So accuracy is key. Just find something you can hit people in the head with. Handcannons are almost always 3 shots to the head (two for shield, one for health) for a kill. Its why I favor them. Body shots are nice, but if you're a precise player it doesn't matter. So basically just find the weapon you're best with, experiment with all of them even, and just roll with it. But once the Iron Banner hits...that changes everything. Because then the strongest/highest rated guns are the best.

On classes: in the week one update (I might be wrong on this) Bungie said the classes were actually about equally used. There's a couple percentage points difference but yeah. I feel like there's a lot of Warlocks especially. I'm one, and I definitely think sunslinger is better. The grenades are amazing, the ability to continually do fire damage even after dying, the self-reviving (which is amazing in control). I'm probably gonna make a Titan next because I have a few legendary pieces of armor for it. And I really think the melee is amazing. Also the bubble shield is horrible, and I'm surprised Bungie included that after all the negative feedback the armor bitch got in Reach.

Sunshine State

Haven't played in like 3 days and I won't until tomorrow, pretty excited to get back to it.