Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

meh

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Manu, Danny Green sent home won't play vs Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Stuff like that is why I get annoyed with Popovich. I think he's great and I love his approach. I love the way his teams play. I love that character. I love that he has the balls to sit out his big 3, even with a massive win streak on the line.

But this is ridiculous. Green is like 25/26. Parker is 30. Manu NEEDS to play. They're already missing Leonard and Jackson. Stuff like this is bad for basketball. Sorry, but it's bullshit and players know it.
    That's part of the reason they're throwing the game. With both of their small forwards out with injury who are they going to throw at Lebron? Add in the bullshit schedule:

Miami:
    Nov 21: v. MIL 113-106
    Nov 24: v. CLE 110-108
    Nov 29: v. SAS

San Antonio:
    Nov 21: @BOS, 112-100
    Nov 23: @IND, 104-97
    Nov 25: @TOR, 111-106
    Nov 26: @WAS, 118-92
    Nov 28: @ORL, 110 - 89
    Nov 29: @MIA

As far as standings go, it's better for SA to lose a game to Miami while resting the team for the division rival on Saturday(Memphis)

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Im gonna go out on a limb and say this will be the regular season game that Nando De Colo's name will be heard around the nba. I say regular season, because his buzzer beater during preseason had a few people talking about him.
    I would love this to be true, but I'm sure Pop will find a way to not play him.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Someone better get fined for this. I hope TNT comes down hard on the league for this.

Decent playground baller TimmyDuncan's Avatar

Neal and splitter will have great stat line but the spurs will have 15 to 20 turnovers without Parker and Manu.

Heat by 30 points.
    The spurs role player will understand what is shooting contested 3 ponter instead of the wide open ones they always get from the big 3

And F*** the NBA for this scheduling that gave the spurs no chance

NBA needs to refund every ticket to the game tonight. I know the schedule is unfair for them but this is complete bullshit by Pop

Feel bad for my brother - he spent $$$$$ for 2 seats right behind the Spurs bench. Me - not as bad, I'm in row 19. **** Pop! Wouldn't be so bad for my brother if he'd just sit them, but no, he had to fly them home.

Pop did this once at a preseason game, but at least those tickets weren't as expensive.

Ray Allen may sit with a sore back..

Battier out

Good.

Popovich is responsible for the long term performance of his team, not anything else.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

I hope Barkley rips on the Spurs so hard for this.

why not let them rest another time.....against a weaker opponent....no need for this shit.......hope karma comes back and bites them in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Popovich is gonna get fined and I wouldn't be shocked if he got suspended (which would be ironic). And he should be.
    There will be no fine or suspension, although there should be.

Technically, he's doing nothing wrong. A team is allowed to play or not play whoever they want. You can't force a team to play certain players.

However, I think this could have repurcussions, as far as future nationally televised games or other decisions which we are not even aware of. This won't sit well with the league office.

And if I'm a Heat ticket subscriber, I would p-ssed the f-ck off and maybe ask for refund (which you won't get).

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Feel bad for my brother - he spent $$$$$ for 2 seats right behind the Spurs bench. Me - not as bad, I'm in row 19. **** Pop! Wouldn't be so bad for my brother if he'd just sit them, but no, he had to fly them home.

Pop did this once at a preseason game, but at least those tickets weren't as expensive.
    Stiff, I travelled across the world to watch Kobe and he took the game off. Too much money involved these days for teams to care about fan reaction to one game, in a week everyone has forgot.
    He only does it a few times a year too, its not a monthly occurence.

I understand Pop does this every year, but this early in the season??? It's not like it's a short season again. Anyways, imagine if SA actually win this game. Heat fans will be trolled for the next 6 months. Spo should just bench the big 3 to avoid this situation

I just wouldn't have told anyone til you have to submit team sheets, and have the players listed as out with an injury that they have. As they would all be carrying one. Sore ankle, sprained finger, whatever.