Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Faces Of Meth

Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: Faces Of Meth

Is that Meyers Leonard in the top left corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlezz
    This girl tho..

Lol. Meth suppresses your appetite quite well because of the dopamine. I agree with the other poster, these are extreme cases.

Though I am always fearful of my skin because I take amphetamines for add and I experience similar symptoms(bruxism being a major one, my lips are constantly bitten until they bleed).

wtf? she was definitely in an accident or something (top right)

Having dealt with Meth addicts these are the most extreme cases and hopefully these types of programs are increased, they need to be sharing this on all levels starting in elementary schools. RBA is wrong, "Propaganda" is the only tool because once Meth sinks it's claws in education is a waste of time.

You cannot do enough to scare people away.

One poster said it's the "drug from hell" you don't know the half of it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlezz
    This girl tho..

The lesson here is: If you are slightly chunky, do meth, but not for more than 8 months.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Having dealt with Meth addicts these are the most extreme cases and hopefully these types of programs are increased, they need to be sharing this on all levels starting in elementary schools. RBA is wrong, "Propaganda" is the only tool because once Meth sinks it's claws in education is a waste of time.

May I ask, do you deal with them in your job? If so, what do you do?

Also, in the case of meth, I think I'm okay with the campaign they're running here. It surely beats a campaign of "Guys, it could be bad, but it might not always be so I mean, make up your own mind because you could end up being just fine or just a tiny bit messed up. You never know."

With meth, I've got no issue with trying to scare folks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    May I ask, do you deal with them in your job? If so, what do you do?

Also, in the case of meth, I think I'm okay with the campaign they're running here. It surely beats a campaign of "Guys, it could be bad, but it might not always be so I mean, make up your own mind because you could end up being just fine or just a tiny bit messed up. You never know."

With meth, I've got no issue with trying to scare folks away.
    No not in my job. Volunteer work. Started with my brothers GF a few years ago, watched her go down the rabbit hole and never really come back.

She tried and tried but there was no true family support system in place for her, did the rehab shuffle over and over. She literally had to almost die to get the help she needed to get her life somewhat on track but she'll never be the same, she's fried.

That led from one thing to another now I and two other locals sponsor recovering addicts through a half way house we support. We basically badger various agencies to do their jobs and hold people hands through the system. It takes a few hours a week there's no financial burden except buying somebody some of the staples of life.

We get on a lot of people nerves but there are addicts that need advocates because they have no support system and with no formal educations in the field we do it from a different angle, we have no dog in the fight, nothing to lose so we drive people nuts.

It's amazing what you can get done when you don't have to answer to anyone but the person who needs a hand. The people that chose to make a career out of helping others are Saints but they have rules and red tape and a billion other things to contend with.

I highly encourage everyone to take a few minutes a week to doing one thing to make somebody else's life better.

And you're correct Meth is a one hit wonder. For some one hit and you'll wonder where your life went

Any of you ever try crystal meth? If so, this shit isnt BS. Its THAT scary.

Good High School Starter

Why have a problem with such a propaganda? If it scares two or three people from messing with it then thats a success

Knew a girl who was doing it, she called it ice. She messed with both it and heroine. I can't remember which one she said she'd done earlier in the day, but I remember her being basically a zombie one minute, talking while trying to keep her chin up and her eyes open, and then being real hyper. Pretty sure it was heroin having just looked up side effects

NBA Superstar

No not in my job. Volunteer work. Started with my brothers GF a few years ago, watched her go down the rabbit hole and never really come back.

She tried and tried but there was no true family support system in place for her, did the rehab shuffle over and over. She literally had to almost die to get the help she needed to get her life somewhat on track but she'll never be the same, she's fried.

That led from one thing to another now I and two other locals sponsor recovering addicts through a half way house we support. We basically badger various agencies to do their jobs and hold people hands through the system. It takes a few hours a week there's no financial burden except buying somebody some of the staples of life.

We get on a lot of people nerves but there are addicts that need advocates because they have no support system and with no formal educations in the field we do it from a different angle, we have no dog in the fight, nothing to lose so we drive people nuts.

It's amazing what you can get done when you don't have to answer to anyone but the person who needs a hand. The people that chose to make a career out of helping others are Saints but they have rules and red tape and a billion other things to contend with.

I highly encourage everyone to take a few minutes a week to doing one thing to make somebody else's life better.

And you're correct Meth is a one hit wonder. For some one hit and you'll wonder where your life went
    Wow, that's awesome, man. Very admirable. Good stuff.

Does this drug mess up with your cells DNA? what causes the drastic physical changes? bad diet and poor lifestyle or the drug itself?

Made that high school varsity squad Solidape's Avatar

Why do all the chicks on Meth have the penciled in clown eyebrows? Does meth cause their eyebrow hairs to fall out or something. Anyone got insight to this weird phenomenon?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Most of these people, I'd be willing to bet, are children of the DARE program in elementary schools (as am I). How did that work out? Did we see ANY decrease in drug use as a result that bit of propaganda?

Educating people would be explaining the exact effects of the drug and showing what the average one-time and meth addict experiences. When you only highlight the most extreme cases and essentially make the case, "you do meth, you will look like THIS".... I call that propaganda and it is a longtime failed method of drug war.

The War on Drugs is an absolute joke anyway. Meth is certainly a drug I have no interest in and I would never recommend it to anyone else, but chances are pretty good that if you do use meth, you won't end up looking like an elderly monster or a burn victim.

I applaud your community service, btw. We need more people who are devoted to rehabilitating addicts and not shunning them or treating them like monsters who are to be feared. I've had friends and family deal with drug and alcohol problems and sometimes it isn't pretty. I wish for nothing but the best for all the people pictured above and hope they can fight their way through their respective diseases.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 12-03-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Solidape
    Why do all the chicks on Meth have the penciled in clown eyebrows? Does meth cause their eyebrow hairs to fall out or something. Anyone got insight to this weird phenomenon?
    Could be obsessive plucking. A lot of these people have fcked up skin because it makes your acne worse and then they obsessively pick at it.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Most of these people, I'd be willing to bet, are children of the DARE program in elementary schools (as am I). How did that work out? Did we see ANY decrease in drug use as a result that bit of propaganda?

Educating people would be explaining the exact effects of the drug and showing what the average one-time and meth addict experiences. When you only highlight the most extreme cases and essentially make the case, "you do meth, you will look like THIS".... I call that propaganda and it is a longtime failed method of drug war.

The War on Drugs is an absolute joke anyway. Meth is certainly a drug I have no interest in and I would never recommend it to anyone else, but chances are pretty good that if you do use meth, you won't end up looking like an elderly monster or a burn victim.

I applaud your community service, btw. We need more people who are devoted to rehabilitating addicts and not shunning them or treating them like monsters who are to be feared. I've had friends and family deal with drug and alcohol problems and sometimes it isn't pretty. I wish for nothing but the best for all the people pictured above and hope they can fight their way through their respective diseases.
    DARE caused me to abstain from drug use for a long time, until late in high school, but once I tried MJ and found that all the propaganda was mostly bullshit it caused me to use it and other drugs to the point where it negatively affected my life. Sort of like the preacher's daughter who goes to college and turns into a total hoe.