Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Which Continent Has The Best Food

I can't believe there are Americans in here claiming they have the best food.

For me, visiting there previously, the one thing I noticed was how sweet your food is. Do you guys pack sugar into your steaks and meat too?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

For me, visiting there previously, the one thing I noticed was how sweet your food is. Do you guys pack sugar into your steaks and meat too?
    There's sugar in EVERYTHING. I'm very consciously aware when drinking shit how much sugar is in it. I'm honestly staying away from soda forever. I'll start a time frame soon and count how long I've been away, that shit is deadly.

Dam carrot juice
    48g of sugar

Btch that's 7 doctor pepper in one

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

That's just cause you Australians are so salty that anything with a hint of sweetness overloads your palets.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Btch, why don't you marry me so I can go around the world
    You couldn't handle me.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    That's just cause you Australians are so salty that anything with a hint of sweetness overloads your palets.
    I love the food there. Everything is huge, and it is cool to stuff your face. But as far as the actually quality of food, it doesn't compare.
    I'm talking about on average. I loved going to Taco Bell, Wendy's, and all that other junk you got over there, but travelling around Europe and seeing what they have to offer, it isn't really a contest.

I never claimed Aussie food is the best. We have a wide range of food here due to being multicultural, but it isn't top notch stuff compared to other countries I've eaten in. We're essentially like you guys, but we don't have as many fast food options, and are food isn't sweetened to the point where almost everything is a dessert.

The food in New Zealand, particularly the meat is a lot better than both Australia and America.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    Australia? I was there and the Asian food was trash.......Southern Cali best food >>>>>
    Depends where you went. If you went to a good asian restaurant ran by asian people in Melbourne, then it's definitely not trash. If you went to a trash trash hole in regional Australia ran by rednecks, then it was probably trash.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Been all over the world. NYC > everything else. It honestly isn't even close.
    I've been all over the world and I thought all the major cities in USA weren't anything too special.
    Including New York.

No city in USA was as good as Melbourne for mine.
    Like most things American, pretty hyped up.

I would say Vegas was my best city experience there. Something different.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I've been all over the world and I thought all the major cities in USA weren't anything too special.
    Including New York.

No city in USA was as good as Melbourne for mine.
    Like most things American, pretty hyped up.

I would say Vegas was my best city experience there. Something different.
    I can't say anything about Australia since I haven't been there. NYC has all cuisines and it's subjective taste. If you're a vegetarian, I can't imagine NYC being as fun for example.

Banned

Of course Europe. Most varied and boasts both the Italian nd French (heavily based on Italian though).

Also anywhere in the world you'll find a host of fine Italian and French restaurants, and most culinary developments come from these spots.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Australia has fantastic asian food but everything else is pretty meh. Melbourne/Adelaide is probably pretty legit though.

They are going through an American food craze at the moment though...wings, bbq, new york pizza, craft beer, burgers.

Some of it is quite good but some of it is ridiculous and an absolute bastardization.

Europe has the best in my opinion with asia behind it.

Banned

I'd say South America. Peruvian is probably the best cuisine in the world IMO.

Europe. Italian, Greek, French >