Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Get so annoyed when people thank military people for their service

so the op's 12 and buys squeeze its with his allowance.

Quote Originally Posted by Umad101

Also but what happens if the wars they are fighting actually put the nation at a way greater risk than if they just said no said no thanks jeff and just stayed home?
    Do you think soldiers decide when to go and fight and when not to? You enlist and they send you wherever they need you. You could enlist wanting to go to Afghanistan and end up fueling ships in Alaska. And vice versa

I find your lack of everything disturbing

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I saw a friend post about Pearl Harbor today that "He will always remember and never forget that day." My thought was, "Bitch, you are 29. Your parents weren't even born yet."

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I've got multiple friends that are current and ex military and they get annoyed with it too.

But you really should thank Chicago, and wherever else, police officers. And don't come back with that "five-o are scumbags shit." There's plenty of shitty cops absolutely. But the vast majority keep shitheads off the street. It's clear you're a very young troll though, so whatever.
    **** tha po-leece.

IThey sure are protecting my freedoms by killing women and children thousands of miles away from me. You guys do realize how many civilians have been killed in Afghanistan and Iraq right? It is so disgusting that anyone could support that. Shameful for anyone to enlist knowing they will have a hand in it. No one is EVER going to invade America. We don't need you clowns "protecting our freedoms".

But I do think a profession like a fireman, or a surgeon is more honourable than military, yet they don't seem to get the same recognition. When was the last day we had to commemorate all the doctors out there saving lives??? Or the scientists out there giving their all to cure cancer?

Also Military people get paid and fed and housing. Along with discounts in many different businesses. And a lot of them do it to get money for school.
    noone knows that, since the enemy don

i support our troops. bring them all home and stop the endless war machine

also i have a lot of respect for most police officers. maybe its just due to being a cleanshaven white male, but i have never had a bad experience with a police officer in my life. say what you will about how the cops suck or whatever, they are just dudes listening to their boss and trying to make a living in my experience.

"Protecting our freedom"

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Sounds like a United States Marine banged OP's girlfriend and made him watch.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    "Protecting our freedom"
    First off, they don't decide where they fight.

Secondly, your view of this is too narrow. You haven't considered the fact that the sheer might of America's military is a deterrent to any country who would want to wage a serious conflict with them. So in that sense, absolutely, the military protects our freedom. You have a valid point regarding conflicts such as Vietnam or Iraq for instance, but again these aren't the guys picking the battles and like I said, you aren't really taking everything into account here.

Nobody's saying you have to agree with every foreign policy decision, or always support the actions of the nation's troops, but to sit there and act like the life you lead isn't due in large part to the military of the country is immature, entitled, and ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I thank our military veterans all the time and I also thank police officers I chat with sometimes for their service.

Do military vets sign up for it because they have no better option? Absolutely, but it doesn't change the fact that they are called onto duty to help protect this country you live in.

The only reason you have the privileges you have today in this country is because we have the most advanced military in the world that goes through some of the best training you can get on earth. Without that we'd get ran over by anyone who wanted it. You can have all these freedoms and laws made, but who the f*ck is going to protect them? You certainly aren't.

You want to know the sad part? That military vet that gets deployed and risks his life to defend your country probably BARELY gets paid more than your garbage man OR he gets paid less depending upon where the garage man works. Garbage men in New York get paid up to $80,000 a year.

You get annoyed by it? Go f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck yourself...honestly.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Guess what? They signed up for it...most likely because they didn't have many better options. I don't go around thanking police officers in Chicago, which is probably more dangerous, and I don't thank my garbage man. They do these things out of self-interest and it just happens to benefit society.
    You on the other hand make worthless posts that just happen to benefit no one.

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz

Thank you for posting this....#47 didn't do it for the $$$$ or a freaking 10% military discount at IHOP......

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    This!

People act as if US wouldn't get attacked any day now without the military, majority of Islamic countries + all the countries wanting to dethrone us from being the superpower.
    More like... Waiting to defend themselves.

USA putting all they have into military and trives off bullying the world. Are they grunts hereos? I don't really know. It's kind of the same where they present the newest weapon on Discovery and yap about "this firepower will help to save some lives". Makes me so hard... How more damaging bullets are to save lives?!! By hitting the ill body and curing the cancer? I mean wow.

Op is right, the current soldiers don't deserve any type of special reverence. All of us who grew up after there had already been decades of uninterrupted peacetime don't understand whatsoever what it's like to live in a country that is under military threats, so nobody joins the military because they want to serve and protect.

You ask a soldier in the military right now whether they prefer to be sent to Afghanistan for 12 months or to Okinawa, every single one of them will tell you to send them to Okinawa.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Op is right, the current soldiers don't deserve any type of special reverence. All of us who grew up after there had already been decades of uninterrupted peacetime don't understand whatsoever what it's like to live in a country that is under military threats, so nobody joins the military because they want to serve and protect.

You ask a soldier in the military right now whether they prefer to be sent to Afghanistan for 12 months or to Okinawa, every single one of them will tell you to send them to Okinawa.
    How many have you met. I know plenty who volunteered to go back over before their normal rotation came because their friends are over there. I volunteered for Iraq solely because I had friends over their who mentioned that there were not enough technical controllers over their to help with the comm's and insure those beyond the wire didn't have crap for communications. I ended up staying for almost three years and I met plenty of people civilian and in the military who stayed as long as they could for similar reasons and kept coming back out there when they didn't have too. I think if you asked most of these people if they deserved any special treatment or thanks they would tell you flat out they didn't. You may go out there with a notion you are doing it to protect your country, but you stay because you are protecting the person who eats, sleeps and works with you on an almost 24/7 basis.