Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Does anyone honestly think Blake Griffin is playing better than ZBO this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Griffin isn't half the player Zbo is.
    It is disrespectful to even consider this a debate when Griffin can't shoot.
    It is disrespectful to consider Kobe being better than Steve Novak when Kobe can't shoot a lick compared to Sure Shot Steve

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Does anyone honestly think Blake Griffin is playing better than ZBO this year?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    you overrate BG so much.
    Tell me what was wrong? Blake is scoring MORE than Zach despite having a poor start where he was injured the first 12-14 games. He's unquestionably a superior defender and passer. He's also a more efficient player and big. Literally the ONLY thing Zach is better at is rebounding so not sure what OP is getting at?

BTW Griffin is now the 36th ranked defender in the entire NBA per Synergy, Zach is the 109th. Zach hasn't been "bad" defensively this year but Blake is better Andre.

To add more feul to this awesome rivalry:

ZBo monstered out 18pts and 13 rbds on 66% accuracy in a losing effort to the Hawks.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    BTW Griffin is now the 36th ranked defender in the entire NBA per Synergy, Zach is the 109th. Zach hasn't been "bad" defensively this year but Blake is better Andre.
    Link me the site where you get this I want to see it, I want to see who's ranked where, cause I found something else from last year saying Matt Bonnar was in the top 5 best PF defenders in terms of PER and I was like wtf.

Love how this thread was made after Griffin puts up 24 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals and a block in under 30 minutes today BTW. Blake is right back to his 20/10/3 games in the last two weeks or so but with much better defense. His shot looks great and so does his D.

It's actually an insult to him to compare, not an insult to Zbo.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Link me the site where you get this I want to see it, I want to see who's ranked where, cause I found something else from last year saying Matt Bonnar was in the top 5 best PF defenders in terms of PER and I was like wtf.
    http://mysynergysports.com/

Type in the player's name and wait for it to load, then click the match. That breaks down where a player is having success or failures. Click defense tab above numbers to see their defensive rankings in different categories and actual numbers. This is the most used stat measurement by NBA teams right now.

Tell me what was wrong? Blake is scoring MORE than Zach despite having a poor start where he was injured the first 12-14 games. He's unquestionably a superior defender and passer. He's also a more efficient player and big. Literally the ONLY thing Zach is better at is rebounding so not sure what OP is getting at?
    C'mon man, this is just homerism.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    C'mon man, this is just homerism.
    Then fu**ing explain it bro. It's actually causing me to laugh out loud when I state nothing but facts and am being called a homer.

Scoring= Blake
    Passing=Blake
    Defense=Blake
    Efficiency=Blake

The numbers back it up and not much needs to be said because it's not debatable. Okay so Zbo is "tougher" and rebounds more? Cool? He still doesn't score or assist like Blake. Isn't defending as well as Blake this year. Isn't as efficient. So make an argument if you guys have one, otherwords don't make intentionally stupid threads comparing players. What's more is Blake wasn't even healthy for the first 12+ games. Now that he is you're seeing a lot of 20/10/3 ish games in 30 minutes or less. Tonight Blake had 16 in the first quarter FFS. Dude was dropping post moves, swishing the 18 footer, fading from the post over defenders.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Clipper fans on this forum are like when you see a van pull up and like 20 people come out. Only ones picking Blake are Clipper fans that's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend

Clipper fans on this forum are like when you see a van pull up and like 20 people come out. Only ones picking Blake are Clipper fans that's weird.
    People hate Blake on ISH and allow that to blind them from the facts. Doesn't have anything to do with validity.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

People hate Blake on ISH and allow that to blind them from the facts. Doesn't have anything to do with validity.
    U so delusional.

Oh ya Eric Bledsoe is better than OJ Mayo too.

CF86, it is debatable. And in all honesty, the eye is what matters, assuming people are being objective. Randolph has probably been better this season. To say it's not comparable is just not true. Randolph's combination with Gasol can't be quantified.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    CF86, it is debatable. And in all honesty, the eye is what matters, assuming people are being objective. Randolph has probably been better this season. To say it's not comparable is just not true. Randolph's combination with Gasol can't be quantified.
    Can't assess value to a player based on their synergy with a teammate, that's bogus. I didn't try to imply the gap between the players as a whole is huge but rather Blake wins by a little bit in all facets outside of rebounding. So it's a joke to say Zach is better in every way or w/e people were saying. Zach is playing 4 more minutes a game and taking more shots.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    U so delusional.

Oh ya Eric Bledsoe is better than OJ Mayo too.
    Again you repeat something I never said as if I did. I said Mayo>Bledsoe now... but that Bledsoe is on a much better contract, has great upside and is a more valuable asset long term. You're losing it man.