Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Does anyone honestly think Blake Griffin is playing better than ZBO this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    What makes Blake so vastly superior to Zbo defensively? Yeah, nothing. Lets be real, neither of them or anything to write home about in terms of defense, so it can't really be used as an argument for either one of them.

LOL at Griffin beeating Zbo "easily" on offense. That's bullshit and you know it. Being a great post player with good fundamentals "doesn't mean dick"? Once again, that's complete crap. Zbo can actually close games out because of his skill and fundamentals. When has Griffin ever closed a game out?

Blake Griffin is a better passer and is obviously more athletic. I'll give just about everything else to Zbo. Defense is pretty much a wash, as neither of them are really anything special on that end of the court.
    I already explained this. Collectively Zach has a case, although not a strong one. When you break down each facet of basketball though Blake has a small to decent edge outside of rebounding which makes him the better player logically.

BTW no I'm not okay with you calling them equal defenders because they aren't. Gap may again not be massive but Blake's clearly been better defensively than Zach this year and all forms of defensive metrics including defensive rating and Synergy show that. Just watch him play more and it will become clear.

How skilled was Shaq's post game compared to many others? It was terrible. But he was so EFFECTIVE, EFFICIENT and DOMINANT at the rim/deep post that it didn't matter right? This has been argued countless times and I don't care to carry it on but the bottom line is production+efficiency>>>>>style in sports. Sure a more versatile skillset is helpful but if Blake's superior athleticism and strength advantage is allowing him to score far more in the post.... Zach isn't the better post player, period.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 12-09-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Banned

Default Re: Does anyone honestly think Blake Griffin is playing better than ZBO this year?

Griffin played great in Utah a few games ago. He had an awful start to the season but it looks like he's turning it around lately.

Haven't watched the Grizz or Z-bo, or I can't compare. But Griffin is back to normal again after that bad start.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Griffin played great in Utah a few games ago. He had an awful start to the season but it looks like he's turning it around lately.

Haven't watched the Grizz or Z-bo, or I can't compare. But Griffin is back to normal again after that bad start.
    Did you notice his big defensive improvements and that he's not playing matador defense anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I already explained this. Collectively Zach has a case, although not a strong one. When you break down each facet of basketball though Blake has a small to decent edge outside of rebounding which makes him the better player logically.

BTW no I'm not okay with you calling them equal defenders because they aren't. Gap may again not be massive but Blake's clearly been better defensively than Zach this year and all forms of defensive metrics including defensive rating and Synergy show that. Just watch him play more and it will become clear.
    Except Griffin doesn't have an edge at all offensively.

I don't really give a shit about defensive metrics. You have to watch the games to see how good a guy is at defense. Synergy shouldn't be used as an argument considering how absurd the rankings are. It doesn't mean shit to me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2

he didn't really have a bad start, the only game he really struggled in was against new orleans. beyond that he is having his best season by far and the numbers don't indicate that but if u watch the games it is very easy to see. the main reason the numbers have looked bad is he hasn't really done much in the second half because when the clippers win it is usually a blowout, and when they lose it is just chris paul trying really hard to get them back in the game in the 3rd and 4th with very few touches given to griffin.

Except Griffin doesn't have an edge at all offensively.

I don't really give a shit about defensive metrics. You have to watch the games to see how good a guy is at defense. Synergy shouldn't be used as an argument considering how absurd the rankings are. It doesn't mean shit to me.
    How can you argue with the very essence of what defense means? Synergy basically tracks the stops you get in all situations. That's the bottom line of defense so not sure what you disagree so strongly with. Griffin stops his man more of the time and in more situations than Zach. Even last year Griffin was a slightly better defender than Zach so if you didn't notice then, you aren't watching enough to give opinions.

This is in ADDITION to what I see/watch, not in replacement of. I can't tell you how many games this year I've said to myself wow... Griffin is playing awesome defense. I have NEVER in my life said that about Zach and he was a Clipper for a year so has nothing to do with homer or not. It's just the truth.

Also if I tell you a guy scores MORE on LESS shots, minutes and a higher efficiency.... as well as he more than doubles the assists of the other player what can you argue that he's not a better offensive player?

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

How skilled was Shaq's post game compared to many others? It was terrible. But he was so EFFECTIVE, EFFICIENT and DOMINANT at the rim/deep post that it didn't matter right? This has been argued countless times and I don't care to carry it on but the bottom line is production+efficiency>>>>>style in sports. Sure a more versatile skillset is helpful but if Blake's superior athleticism and strength advantage is allowing him to score far more in the post.... Zach isn't the better post player, period.
    wow you really did go full retard have you ever in your life seen Shaq play?

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    wow you really did go full retard have you ever in your life seen Shaq play?
    Zach Randolph's post moves>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shaq's. Get it now? You really did go full lack of reading comprehension.

Someone that takes over 4th quarters because of his offensive rep or someone that sits in the 4th quarter to Reggie Evans and Kenyon martin because he's a liability. Yeah he's better offensively for sure.

Banned

Someone that takes over 4th quarters because of his offensive rep or someone that sits in the 4th quarter to Reggie Evans and Kenyon martin because he's a liability. Yeah he's better offensively for sure.
    ^this never happened. you can't criticize clippersfan for making things up and then do the exact the same thing. you have almost become him and it's sad. you can't let that waste of life get to your head. the only 4th quarter blake ever sat was in game 7 where the whole clipper team essentially sat because he was injured and the clipper bench was dominating the grizzlies starters. there was no need for him in that game.

blake is just as good if not better than zach offensively and to suggest that this isn't true is fcking stupid and clippersfanesque. the only clear advantage randolph has is offensive rebounding which doesn't necessarily make him a better player. blake is a much better finisher and fast break player which people like to forget but means a lot especially for a team like the clippers who get tons of steals. yea a team would rather have randolph getting offensive boards but they would much rather have blake running the court.
    Last edited by Al Thornton; 12-09-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Too bad you haven't watched games because you keep spreading lies which get shot down by facts and just make you look really pathetic grasping at straws. Blake has NEVER in his career sat in the 4th outside of the Memphis series AFTER his injury occured. It was due to injury obviously... because he was sitting out 10+ minutes in the 4th quarter. You can make up as many stories as you want, doesn't mean it's true.

Again though all of you fail to make a logical and evidence backed claim so you guys can shove it and keep crying while you take another L from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    ^this never happened. you can't criticize clippersfan for making things up and then do the exact the same thing. you have almost become him and it's sad. you can't let that waste of life get to your head. the only 4th quarter blake ever sat was in game 7 where the whole clipper team essentially sat because he was injured and the clipper bench was dominating the grizzlies starters. there was no need for him in that game.

blake is just as good if not better than zach offensively and to suggest that this isn't true is fcking stupid and clippersfanesque. the only clear advantage randolph has is offensive rebounding which doesn't necessarily make him a better player. blake is a much better finisher and fast break player which people like to forget but means a lot especially for a team like the clippers who get tons of steals. yea a team would rather have randolph getting offensive boards but they would much rather have blake running the court.
    Another Clipper fan defending Blake surprise surprise any unbiased fan with a brain knows the truth. Yawn.

Again though all of you fail to make a logical and evidence backed claim so you guys can shove it and keep crying while you take another L from me.
    I hope this stupid crap isn't directed at me. I didn't throw any insults at you or Griffin/the Clippers. If anything, I'm the voice of reason here, as I'm pretty much neutral on the subject. Don't know what I'd be "crying about".

Anyway, I think I'm done here since we're pretty much going in circles at this point, and you seem to have completely lost it.

Banned

Another Clipper fan defending Blake surprise surprise any unbiased fan with a brain knows the truth. Yawn.
    gotdamn this shit is so sad, u used to be a solid ass grizzlies fan. ever since that series u've turned the worst anti clipper fck boy of all time. i made real and honest points and u reply with this shit?

I hope this stupid crap isn't directed at me. I didn't throw any insults at you or Griffin/the Clippers. If anything, I'm the voice of reason here, as I'm pretty much neutral on the subject. Don't know what I'd be "crying about".

Anyway, I think I'm done here since we're pretty much going in circles at this point, and you seem to have completely lost it.
    No it's not directed at you. You're a fair poster mostly but in this case you're not really supporting your case either. You keep disagreeing without elaborating on why. Blake scores more on less shots, less minutes. Blake assists and passes way more. Blake has shot better from midrange this year and has a better all around shooting efficiency. So why is Blake not a better offensive player?

Also stats aside.. just watch some recent game footage from both players and I guarantee you 100 percent you will come back saying Blake is the better defender this year and admit you were wrong that they were a wash. I say this because I think you're a reasonable guy who just hasn't paid attention to either's defense this year.