Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Earned not given

Default Re: Lakers are now 1-9 when Kobe scores 30 or more

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Kobe is shooting under 20 shots a game...19.7 to be exact. His shots per game are the lowest they've been since the year of Malone and Payton.
    Yet they're still 1-9 when he takes 20 shots or more.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    He was.
    Uhhh, how?

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Uhhh, how?
    60.8 TS% vs 60.5 TS%

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Kobe is shooting under 20 shots a game...19.7 to be exact. His shots per game are the lowest they've been since the year of Malone and Payton.
    He's averaging 22 FGA/game in his last 10 games, though, on 44% shooting. If you want a little bigger sample size, he's averaging 20.7 FGA/game in his last 15 games on 46% shooting. In that time, he is shooting 38%-40% from three, so he's still been pretty efficient. For comparison's sake, Howard is averaging 10.8 FGA/game in the last 10 games, and 11.6 per game over the last 15 games.

Now, with that said, last night was the first game I've watched this year where I really felt like Kobe really started to force some horrible shots. I only watched the second half, but there was three or our times he took on a double or triple team and forced a bad shot. Other than that game, though, I haven't had a problem with how he's been playing this season, and obviously the trend of his FGA/game going up will go down once Gasol and Nash return.
    Last edited by KG215; 12-10-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    60.8 TS% vs 60.5 TS%
    Not that I like TS%, but you're wrong. We're, what, 20+ games into the season? Last year, Kobe shot a TS% of .527. His efficiency will go down, just like it always does.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Not that I like TS%, but you're wrong. We're, what, 20+ games into the season? Last year, Kobe shot a TS% of .527. His efficiency will go down, just like it always does.
    How am I wrong? I said he's been more efficient thus far. The point was just to put how efficient he's been in perspective.
    Last edited by chazzy; 12-10-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Goddamn. It's not Kobe's shooting. People need to quit thinking that's the problem. The media is pumping it to people like that's the real issue with the Lakers. Its not. It's team defense.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeBronJames
    Goddamn. It's not Kobe's shooting. People need to quit thinking that's the problem. The media is pumping it to people like that's the real issue with the Lakers. Its not. It's team defense.
    but didnt you know that kobes great scoring makes others stop playing defense and turn the ball over on every other play?

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    He's averaging 22 FGA/game in his last 10 games, though, on 44% shooting. If you want a little bigger sample size, he's averaging 20.7 FGA/game in his last 15 games on 46% shooting. In that time, he is shooting 38%-40% from three, so he's still been pretty efficient. For comparison's sake, Howard is averaging 10.8 FGA/game in the last 10 games, and 11.6 per game over the last 15 games.
    But why not attach the numbers to the trends that are happening.

When they win Kobe FGA are down. When they loose they are up. When DH's FGA are up they usually win most of the time. For the last three years DH has been considered a top three player on these boards (I wasn't one of them who thought this). When he's involved he's easily the best center in the game. When he isn't involved, Tyson Chandler affects the game more than he does.

From the locked thread:

10pt loss @ Blazers. Kobe with 30/6/3 on 10-20 shooting. He had 7 turnovers. Blazers top performer was Batum with 26/6/1 and 3 stls on 9-16 shooting.

10pt loss vs. Clippers. Kobe with 40/6/1 + 2 stls on 14-23 shooting. He had 6 turnovers. Clippers top performer was Paul with 8/6/15 and 3 stls on 7-15 shooting.

16pt loss @ Kings. Kobe with 38/3/3 +2 steals on 11/20 shooting. He had 7 turnovers. Kings top performer was Thornton with 23/4/1 on 8-13 shooting.

8pt loss @ Memphis. Kobe with 30/3/4 +1 stl on 7/23 shooting. He had 2 turnovers. Grizzlies top performer was Conley with 19/6/1 and 4 steals on 8-14 shooting.

2pt loss vs. Pacers. Kobe with 40/10/3 + 3 stls on 12-28 shooting. He had 10 turnovers. Pacers top performer was West with 16/10/8 on 7-15 shooting. This was the first hack-a-dwight game and Lakers missed 20fts in a 2pt loss. The bench also scored a whopping 5 points.

10pt loss vs. Magic. Kobe with 34/7/5 + 1stl on 12-27 shooting. He had 2 turnovers. Magic top performer was Afflalo with 30/5/5 on 11-18 shooting. This was the second hack-a-dwight game. Lakers missed 14 fts.

2pt loss @ Rockets. Kobe with 39/6/2 + 2 stls. He had 3 turnovers. Rockets top performer was Smith with 21/9 on 7-8 shooting. This was the third hack-a-dwight game. Lakers missed 12fts in a 2pt loss.

6pt loss @ Thunder. Kobe with 35/3/7 with 2 blks and 3stls on 11-24 shooting. He had 5 turnovers. OKC top performer was Durant with 36/9/4 on 10-19 shooting.

7pt loss vs. Jazz. Kobe with 34/3 on + 1 stl on 9/24 shooting. He had 2 turnovers. Jazz top performer was Williams with 22/9/2 on 8-11 shooting.

Looking through these games, Kobe's turnovers are high (been lower since Duhon's been starting) but I only found two instances of us getting scored on badly by people he would have guarded at all.

When we weren't losing games on the FT line, we were getting destroyed at the PG, SF and PF positions. I only included one top performer for opposing teams but more often than not, it was those 3 positions in some combination.

I don't know what the answers are but Kobe's not nearly the biggest problem...

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    From the locked thread:

10pt loss @ Blazers. Kobe with 30/6/3 on 10-20 shooting. He had 7 turnovers. Blazers top performer was Batum with 26/6/1 and 3 stls on 9-16 shooting.

10pt loss vs. Clippers. Kobe with 40/6/1 + 2 stls on 14-23 shooting. He had 6 turnovers. Clippers top performer was Paul with 8/6/15 and 3 stls on 7-15 shooting.

16pt loss @ Kings. Kobe with 38/3/3 +2 steals on 11/20 shooting. He had 7 turnovers. Kings top performer was Thornton with 23/4/1 on 8-13 shooting.

8pt loss @ Memphis. Kobe with 30/3/4 +1 stl on 7/23 shooting. He had 2 turnovers. Grizzlies top performer was Conley with 19/6/1 and 4 steals on 8-14 shooting.

2pt loss vs. Pacers. Kobe with 40/10/3 + 3 stls on 12-28 shooting. He had 10 turnovers. Pacers top performer was West with 16/10/8 on 7-15 shooting. This was the first hack-a-dwight game and Lakers missed 20fts in a 2pt loss. The bench also scored a whopping 5 points.

10pt loss vs. Magic. Kobe with 34/7/5 + 1stl on 12-27 shooting. He had 2 turnovers. Magic top performer was Afflalo with 30/5/5 on 11-18 shooting. This was the second hack-a-dwight game. Lakers missed 14 fts.

2pt loss @ Rockets. Kobe with 39/6/2 + 2 stls. He had 3 turnovers. Rockets top performer was Smith with 21/9 on 7-8 shooting. This was the third hack-a-dwight game. Lakers missed 12fts in a 2pt loss.

6pt loss @ Thunder. Kobe with 35/3/7 with 2 blks and 3stls on 11-24 shooting. He had 5 turnovers. OKC top performer was Durant with 36/9/4 on 10-19 shooting.

7pt loss vs. Jazz. Kobe with 34/3 on + 1 stl on 9/24 shooting. He had 2 turnovers. Jazz top performer was Williams with 22/9/2 on 8-11 shooting.

Looking through these games, Kobe's turnovers are high (been lower since Duhon's been starting) but I only found two instances of us getting scored on badly by people he would have guarded at all.

When we weren't losing games on the FT line, we were getting destroyed at the PG, SF and PF positions. I only included one top performer for opposing teams but more often than not, it was those 3 positions in some combination.

I don't know what the answers are but Kobe's not nearly the biggest problem...
    I see 5 games with at least 5 turnovers, 7 games with less then 5 assists, and 4 games of less then 45%. In 5 of those games 2 of those occurred, and in 1 of those games all 3 occurred. That indicates that he's dominating the ball to the team's detriment.

It's just dumb BS.
    Kobe shooting is talked about all the time. So much that talking heads just repeat it every single time that it becomes some sort of truth in their sad lil worlds.

Kobe won titles...but his shooting all the time makes those titles worthless.
    Kobe scored 30,000 points in his career...but his shooting makes it worthless.
    Kobe got a leg cramp...probably because he shoots all the time.

That's what it really has come to now.
    So annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysio
    but didnt you know that kobes great scoring makes others stop playing defense and turn the ball over on every other play?
    Even if he shoots less, their team defense STILL sucks.

Even if he shoots less, their team defense STILL sucks.
    This is true.

Despite Kobe's gunning and LA's offense having no flow, there's no bigger problem than on the defensive end. I don't think I have ever seen more scrubs go off on one team than the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You think say...Lindsey Hunter, Bruce Bowen, or Kirk Hinrich worry what anyone else is doing when someone is trying to score on them?

You have to have pride. If they lack it...they lack it. Kobe can help...and as leader he should. But the kind of people who NEED help to care....I dont want on my team to begin with,
    kobes teammates are who they are. mitch might make a trade or sign a free agent here or there, but the roster isnt changing much.

kobe ought to learn how to get the best out of his teammates. should they be holding themselves accoutable? unquestionably. but if kobe considered himself a great leader, which im sure he does, then he should he held accountable too.

he thinks of himself as a great leader, and as a direct result of his leadership, his teammates are underperforming. im not saying his leadership isnt the only factor in them underperforming, but you cant tell me kobe not giving a shit in defense doesnt have a negative effect on how his teammates are playing