Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: OGT: 12/10 - San Antonio Spurs (17-4) @ Houston Rockets (9-10) - 8pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Seems to happen when teams aren't expecting it. Let's see if he can duplicate this.
    Harden, the Rockets' #1 scorer, was OUT. How can the Spurs not expect Lin to take 15-20 shots?

Banned

Default Re: OGT: 12/10 - San Antonio Spurs (17-4) @ Houston Rockets (9-10) - 8pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    That's like the 6th or 7th Rockets game I've watched this year where at least one team had 110+ in regulation, and in some of those both teams finished with 110+.

The Rockets DRating and defensive efficiency has to be near the bottom of the league this year.
    Rockets = new Suns 2.0 in the making

All offense, no defense.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Harden, the Rockets' #1 scorer, was OUT. How can the Spurs not expect Lin to take 15-20 shots?
    They might have expected more shots, but not with any efficiency -- given his season so far.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Taking them and making them are two different things.

All offense, no defense.
    I'm not complaining. They're a lot of fun to watch. They're one of my favorite teams to watch this year on nights when the Thunder aren't playing.

It might drive me a little crazy, though, if I were a Rockets fan.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Gary Neal working for that big contract.

All offense, no defense.

The Suns had Amare at C. The Rockets have Asik. Parsons is quality. We'll see who they add at PF.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    Gary Neal working for that big contract.
    He's a good spot-up shooter but I bet he feels frustrated as hell with Pop forcing him to play backup point when he can't even dribble well

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    Why?

The 6th man role for him was always overrated. I don't know what he says about it or what he actually thinks about it, but it's clear that -as a basketball player- he responds better as a starter...at least at this point in his career.

Now, if he was a 6th man on the Knicks that would be different. He'd adjust to that just fine.

If he's gonna be on the bench, I hope he goes to Denver...or Utah...or somewhere he'd start and beast.

I rule the local playground

Damn, disappointing end to an entertaining game, poor execution. Delfino bungled several plays, he some steals but was probably a net negative. Should've gotten it done in regulation, maybe run a screen on the last Rockets possession or put up a long 3.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    The 6th man role for him was always overrated. I don't know what he says about it or what he actually thinks about it, but it's clear that -as a basketball player- he responds better as a starter...at least at this point in his career.

Now, if he was a 6th man on the Knicks that would be different. He'd adjust to that just fine.

If he's gonna be on the bench, I hope he goes to Denver...or Utah...or somewhere he'd start and beast.
    He's had plenty of starts and, more importantly, the Spurs have renewed his contract multiple times. (He's currently making the most money @ 14.1 million). I don't think he minds coming off the bench though, he's done it for years, and he's the ultimate team player. At the same time, he knows he could start at any time. He knows... because they've started him hundreds of games. For instance, in 2010-2011 he started 79 games and the playoffs.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    He's a good spot-up shooter but I bet he feels frustrated as hell with Pop forcing him to play backup point when he can't even dribble well
    I don't think he dislikes it. Just minutes ago in a live video he said (I'm paraphrasing)...

Reporter: was this career high in scoring important to you?
    Neal: actually it was the career high in minutes that was most important to me...

He was joking, but I'm sure he cherishes a large role (at whatever position).

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115

I'd buy season tickets to see Ginobili, Kidd and Prigioni throwing the ball back and forth to each other.

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

That's like the 6th or 7th Rockets game I've watched this year where at least one team had 110+ in regulation, and in some of those both teams finished with 110+.

The Rockets DRating and defensive efficiency has to be near the bottom of the league this year.
    It is. Parsons' has a shoulder injury which is holding his defense back, but he's not the worst offenders. Harden often loses his man on defense, which either translates to open shots or forcing our defense to rotate (which is not our forte). Patterson is ****in allergic to rebounds, which is horrible since we depend on Asik to both anchor our defense AND grab rebounds. That's impossible since he can't box out somebody and step up against penetration simultaneously.

Yes, it is very frustrating. I hope we trade PatPat away.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I'm not complaining. They're a lot of fun to watch. They're one of my favorite teams to watch this year on nights when the Thunder aren't playing.

It might drive me a little crazy, though, if I were a Rockets fan.
    It's driving me crazy, they have pieces don't fit.

Asik = Set good screen, but cannot pop or roll finish, good D, bad O.Grab so many rebounds but play Small in paint like he is 6'5. Cannot even convert O rebound to pts consistantly.

Pat*2= set bad screen, can pop so well, terrible D, soft no rebound. player Small.

Chandler = Real good all around, not a star team can focus build on him, but ultimate give u everything guy and getting better, sometimes goes cold.

Harden = all star type offensive player, can do it all but lack of moves, thu his moves are unstoppable, but too predictable. 3 shot, Beard- Dozer draw foul, euro step and screen off 2s, his iso is very bad. As an all star he is not crazy athletic, very skillful however that makes his ceiling lower imo. Meaning he s not gonna play too much better even thu he is only 23. Defense is terrible, lack of effort, technique is bad, plain dun care somestimes.

Lin = Nice guy, try fitting in. skill over lap with harden alot willing to play passive and smaller role but his off ball ability is so limited, Toney Douglas is better sometimes. Lack of confidence, lost on new team. His D is good. His iso D is incredible. He team D is bad coz he over thinks and over helps leaves his man open for 3s alot(frustrating). most importantly he gives effort.

Coaching is terrible as every Rocket fan agrees. With a puzzle really not fitting well and bad coaching staff, its not looking good. Anytime you put some key player on the floor they either suck on D or suck on O so bad and unless u shots are falling like crazy, most of the times u lose. and lose in a way its frustrating. close games with bad plays on O and D down the stretch.
    and Freaking coaches making it even worse, who ever's hand got hot, bench him. Harden is gases and turn the ball over 2 times in a row, ride him out the whole quarter....

Edit, the team as a whole is young, but some how very unathletic, The whole season so far, not even 1 alley op connected, Lin and Harden were throwing them like crazy in NYK and OKC. weird team. very below rim team.
    Last edited by pnyozzzoo; 12-11-2012 at 12:16 AM.