Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Man slashes 22 children near China school

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    That is a loaded question, it assumes I have some sort of responsibility for what other people do with their guns.

I'm sure you have a few drinks every now and then. Are you by proxy responsible for every innocent person killed by a drunk driver?

I didn't say you are responsible. I asked if something like killing animals and target practice is worth risking the lives of innocents.

I had a young family member killed by a drunk driver. I've attended a funeral with a tiny casket i could barely look at.

You ask me if a beer is worth the life of a bunch of kids....the answer is no. I don't need to deflect.

Small part of my life.

You said taking all guns is punishing the innocent. I'm asking if that speck of "punishment" is worth the lives of the people put in far more danger than they would be if these nuts had no firearms.

Always has been and will be violence. People kill people. Guns just make it easier. Why make it easier?

So someone can shoot a deer or a target?

At least tell me tell me you want to protect your family. **** hunting and target practice.

Lives being lost here.

I'm watching a guy talk about his dead daughter on CBS....

Also, just FYI, none of these shooters used automatic weapons. Those have been banned for a long time now. To legally own a pre-ban automatic you would need an expensive permit, the personal endorsement of your local police chief and upwards of $20k.
    This shooter had an assault rifle in his care.

James Holmes used one of these:

sorry, I just don't see any need at all to own a weapon like that. I understand it's a semi, but what's the point? Honestly?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    This shooter had an assault rifle in his care.

James Holmes used one of these:

sorry, I just don't see any need at all to own a weapon like that. I understand it's a semi, but what's the point? Honestly?
    I have the exact same gun as the Aurora shooter. I love shooting it at the range and I carry it while I'm at the lease to shoot coyotes and hogs. I also have a .22 variant of the same gun which I use for varmints and other small game. Also .22 ammo is much cheaper than .223.

What exactly about that gun is so objectionable to you? What special functions do you think it performs that a magazine fed hunting rifle does not?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I didn't say you are responsible. I asked if something like killing animals and target practice is worth risking the lives of innocents.

I had a young family member killed by a drunk driver. I've attended a funeral with a tiny casket i could barely look at.

You ask me if a beer is worth the life of a bunch of kids....the answer is no. I don't need to deflect.

Small part of my life.

You said taking all guns is punishing the innocent. I'm asking if that speck of "punishment" is worth the lives of the people put in far more danger than they would be if these nuts had no firearms.

Always has been and will be violence. People kill people. Guns just make it easier. Why make it easier?

So someone can shoot a deer or a target?

At least tell me tell me you want to protect your family. **** hunting and target practice.

Lives being lost here.

I'm watching a guy talk about his dead daughter on CBS....
    A lot of things kill people. Fast food, cigarrettes, alcohol, motorcycles, fast cars, boats, swimming pools, skydiving, airplanes, etc etc etc. Why don't we ban all those things too? I'm not trying to be a dick but your response here is 100% emotional. There's no substance for me to even debate you on.

I have the exact same gun as the Aurora shooter. I love shooting it at the range and I carry it while I'm at the lease to shoot coyotes and hogs. I also have a .22 variant of the same gun which I use for varmints and other small game. Also .22 ammo is much cheaper than .223.

What exactly about that gun is so objectionable to you? What special functions do you think it performs that a magazine fed hunting rifle does not?
    I don't see the point for anything that's magazine fed, frankly.

We won't see eye to eye on this, obviously. It's not that I'm against guns in general, its just that I personally don't see any point in owning something like that. I've gone hunting and got plenty of enjoyment out of it while loading shells when needed.

I mean lawn darts are banned because they're too dangerous.

you compare guns to skydiving and say I'm the emotional one?

people like you are exactly why you going to lose long term. and so many of you seem to know it. always worried about the government coming for your guns because eventually.....they will.

They have to with the way some of you cling to weapons and sound less and less reasonable. Some nut shoots 30 people seems like 3 times a year and some guy with a gun he values more than human lives gets on the internet to do anti gun damage control talking about fast food?

You people are fighting a losing battle that the nra and angry white guys in the woods can't keep back forever. almost like people against gay marriage. long term you have to know how this goes right?

some maniac will shoot up a bus load of nuns and orphans on Easter and before you can make a topic on how the driver could have killed them just as easily if he were on cough syrup laws will change. and it looks like half the Supreme Court might change in the next 10 years to deal with the resulting constitutional issues.

I suspect gay marriage will come first nationally...... but serious gun control won't be far behind. I just can't wait to get a laugh out of some pissed off white guy in Georgia the day it happens and no Civil War erupts as they are claiming now

you compare guns to skydiving and say I'm the emotional one?

people like you are exactly why you going to lose long term. and so many of you seem to know it. always worried about the government coming for your guns because eventually.....they will.

They have to with the way some of you cling to weapons and sound less and less reasonable. Some nut shoots 30 people seems like 3 times a year and some guy with a gun he values more than human lives gets on the internet to do anti gun damage control talking about fast food?

You people are fighting a losing battle that the nra and angry white guys in the woods can't keep back forever. almost like people against gay marriage. long term you have to know how this goes right?

some maniac will shoot up a bus load of nuns and orphans on Easter and before you can make a topic on how the driver could have killed them just as easily if he were on cough syrup laws will change. and it looks like half the Supreme Court might change in the next 10 years to deal with the resulting constitutional issues.

I suspect gay marriage will come first nationally...... but serious gun control won't be far behind. I just can't wait to get a laugh out of some pissed off white guy in Georgia the day it happens and no Civil War erupts as they are claiming now
    Come on, he doesn't deserve a serious response like this when he uses fast food, cigarrettes, alcohol, motorcycles, fast cars, boats, swimming pools, skydiving, airplanes as examples. It's like a middle schooler using stupid arguments such as "I'm going to get dirty tomorrow, why should I take a shower today?" or "There's danger in sitting in any car, we should stop all cars"

Just not worth it.

I enjoy seeing the part where you say serious gun control will come. I'd like that, but I disagree though. I don't think it'll come so easily. There's just too many stubborn people, and reasons of politics will stop it from crystalizing, the NRA, republicans, funds, etc. Obama now is in the best position to do something.. if someone like him who just got elected in his 2nd term won't, then I think there's really no hope in the next decade.

In 10 years, kids in HS will probably be bringing guns to school every single day, for 'protection'. People won't go out at night to buy food without being strapped. It's just going to deteriorate in my opinion. And all thanks to stupid opinions as we have seen. Right to protect myself... from other guns. Right to protect my property from the government... 2nd amendment... yea right.

"some maniac will shoot up a bus load of nuns and orphans on Easter and before you can make a topic on how the driver could have killed them just as easily if he were on cough syrup "

Now that was unintentionally hilarious lol.

I support more restrictions as long as guys like bmulls can still get their guns through more paperwork, testing and background checks. Just no more people buying semi-automatics from Walmart without a permit, licence or any real effort. It will keep bmulls and other gun enthusiast happy, while all the "casuals" and their depressed kids will stay away.

the gun lobby and how many guns supporters will actually vote has held it back for a long time but I really don't see it working forever. eventually the death penalty gay marriage and gun control in America will look a lot more like the rest for the first World. I don't even agree with all of it.....but it's a when....not an if.

I don't see a judge dredd future.

it's just going to take longer than it should

the gun lobby and how many guns supporters will actually vote has held it back for a long time but I really don't see it working forever. eventually the death penalty gay marriage and gun control in America will look a lot more like the rest for the first World. I don't even agree with all of it.....but it's a when....not an if.

I don't see a judge dredd future.

it's just going to take longer than it should
    I feel like we have to wait maybe 50 years for all the old school guys to die out, and for a new educated generation to come out in order for it to happen.

I think gay marriage will come much faster than this. Guns are just too deeply entrenched into the U.S.A. It's going to be a hell of a battle, and frankly.. I don't think the odds are good.

to tell the truth I'd be all for going back to swords.....

guns have turned ******* into real threats. I think it takes a lot less courage and conviction to pull a trigger than to go stab a bunch of people to death.

I remember fights. fights are kinda going extinct. Can't even teach my son to stand up for himself. Not that gun toting kids are new. I was in seventh grade first time i was made aware of kids in my school having guns.....at school.

if i have to die at least give me a chance like a man.

If wars were still fought with medieval weapons, we would have a lot less of them, doubt many people in the current age would be willing to get dismembered, maimed and disfigured in a bloody battle. Shooting someone from 100+ feet away or bombing them from the safety of your own jet is much easier, and safer for your mental state. Hell we now have remote drones killing people like a video game, it all takes the emotional damage out of the equation. Soldiers are ****ed up from the current wars, imagine how many more would be damaged mentally after a bloody close combat duel.

I don't know the effect would have on wars. but a kid shot someone two streets from me days ago. I suspect he would think longer about pulling out a swordand having a fair fight than about pulling out a gun and shooting.

killing is entirely too easy for a coward these days

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    If wars were still fought with medieval weapons, we would have a lot less of them, doubt many people in the current age would be willing to get dismembered, maimed and disfigured in a bloody battle. Shooting someone from 100+ feet away or bombing them from the safety of your own jet is much easier, and safer for your mental state. Hell we now have remote drones killing people like a video game, it all takes the emotional damage out of the equation. Soldiers are ****ed up from the current wars, imagine how many more would be damaged mentally after a bloody close combat duel.
    What does war have to do with what we're talking about here, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    What does war have to do with what we're talking about here, exactly?
    Nothing, just thought "going back to swords" was an allusion to the way wars were fought in the past. Before guns made it easier. I do agree that the closer you are to your victim, the more guts it takes to actually kill.