Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: Man slashes 22 children near China school

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    you compare guns to skydiving and say I'm the emotional one?

people like you are exactly why you going to lose long term. and so many of you seem to know it. always worried about the government coming for your guns because eventually.....they will.

They have to with the way some of you cling to weapons and sound less and less reasonable. Some nut shoots 30 people seems like 3 times a year and some guy with a gun he values more than human lives gets on the internet to do anti gun damage control talking about fast food?

You people are fighting a losing battle that the nra and angry white guys in the woods can't keep back forever. almost like people against gay marriage. long term you have to know how this goes right?

some maniac will shoot up a bus load of nuns and orphans on Easter and before you can make a topic on how the driver could have killed them just as easily if he were on cough syrup laws will change. and it looks like half the Supreme Court might change in the next 10 years to deal with the resulting constitutional issues.

I suspect gay marriage will come first nationally...... but serious gun control won't be far behind. I just can't wait to get a laugh out of some pissed off white guy in Georgia the day it happens and no Civil War erupts as they are claiming now

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    He is obviously rather emotional, let him vent. Though this whole "you people", "us vs them" is just dividing the nation. Gotta be more rational instead of just pointing fingers.

To me, once stereotypes and insults enter a debate, the debate has ended and it's just bickering from there on. I like antihero's posts. I feel like what he touched upon is the true issue. Just making shit illegal has never worked in America (key word America. Not UK, not Australia, not Canada, etc. that's apples and oranges)

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Stereotypes my ass. Let's not be PC to the point we disregard reality.

The extreme vast majority of people upset over possibly losing gun rights are white males.

I live in south Carolina. Have you any idea how many "I'll keep my god and my guns....you keep the change." Bumper stickers i see on pickup trucks?

literally yesterday I saw a grandfather and grandson in matching camouflage overalls. kid looks to be less than 3 years old and the grandfather said he had already been hunting. some girls were around him saying how cute it was that his overalls matched his jacket when he got hot and took the top layer off.

the demographics of the "not my gun "movement should not need research.

first thing I see when I turn on my TV ....Meet the Press. they were talking about how the NRA is slowly losing the power needed to hold back gun control. had on Mayor Bloomberg talking about how much money he was willing to spend to combat the nra.

they said they invited the 31 most pro gun control congressman to come give their opinion and not one would accept. nobody in Washington would show up on Meet the Press to defend gun rights.

I suppose they see that the negative press isnt worth the love from the NRA and the Confederacy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I don't know the effect would have on wars. but a kid shot someone two streets from me days ago. I suspect he would think longer about pulling out a swordand having a fair fight than about pulling out a gun and shooting.

killing is entirely too easy for a coward these days

I remember when kids starting packin back in the day. It was skinny little kids who said "f*ck fighting, Im bout to get hot".

Guns make the smallest coward a threat anyway because he can pull the gun out and kill people he wouldnt even dare confront without it

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    I remember when kids starting packin back in the day. It was skinny little kids who said "f*ck fighting, Im bout to get hot".

Guns make the smallest coward a threat anyway because he can pull the gun out and kill people he wouldnt even dare confront without it
    But people kill people, guns don't kill people!

[COLOR="White"]most stupid argument ever presented.[/COLOR]

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    But people kill people, guns don't kill people!

[COLOR="White"]most stupid argument ever presented.[/COLOR]
    Yeah!! Because some guys personal anecdote on the internet passes for hard statistics and peer reviewed study!!

Bombs don't kill people. Land mines don't kill people. Tanks don't kill people. But they....like guns....make it too easy for people to get it done. Which is why they are not given top the public. just a matter of where the line is.

as time goes on the line will be moved closer and closer to nobody needing a projectile weapon. problem is criminals already have them and they won't give them up if made illegal.

only legitimate point on that whole side really.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    Here is a view that I think is quite reasonable. and that is the last Ill say.

http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/2007/0...son-rifle.html
    No one bothered to click through the link? OK then.
    originally written in 1992, then edited in 1998
    [QUOTE]==Guns and the Insurrection Myth==

The issue of guns in America is intransigent. True believers on both sides hold fixed positions, portraying their opponents in the darkest possible terms. Enforcement of the Brady Law has thwarted thousands of ex-cons and criminals from acquiring arms without seriously inconveniencing legitimate gun buyers, but this hasn

No one bothered to click through the link? OK then.
    originally written in 1992, then edited in 1998
    I clicked to through the link, but let's be honest here: Americans aren't so vehemently against gun control because they feel they need to protect themselves against a tyrant. Nobody buys a gun just in case the president is out to get them.

So the article discusses a nonexistent issue. I know technically what the 2nd amendment is for but it is not applicable at all to current reality.

Hearing people talk about the right to keep street sweepers is often hilarious.

even better when is someone who probably doesn't even know an amendment after the first 2.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I clicked to through the link, but let's be honest here: Americans aren't so vehemently against gun control because they feel they need to protect themselves against a tyrant. Nobody buys a gun just in case the president is out to get them.

So the article discusses a nonexistent issue. I know technically what the 2nd amendment is for but it is not applicable at all to current reality.
    actually, you are way off on this one. Look at the sales of guns after the first election of obama. Look at the sales of guns this black friday after his reelection. it overloaded the FBI computers 2 or 3 times that day.

You couldnt buy most types of ammo for nearly a year after obama was elected because they couldnt keep it on the shelf in many areas of the country.

There is a very large anti-centralized govt component in the US and they are some of the loudest gun rights advocates. Not just obama, but fear of the feds (mostly unwarranted) to the point where Utah has told the US govt that they are turning management of all public lands over to the state (yeah, right).

The point is that the fear of tyranny is alive and well in the US, however unfounded it may be.

actually, you are way off on this one. Look at the sales of guns after the first election of obama. Look at the sales of guns this black friday after his reelection. it overloaded the FBI computers 2 or 3 times that day.

You couldnt buy most types of ammo for nearly a year after obama was elected because they couldnt keep it on the shelf in many areas of the country.

There is a very large anti-centralized govt component in the US and they are some of the loudest gun rights advocates. Not just obama, but fear of the feds (mostly unwarranted) to the point where Utah has told the US govt that they are turning management of all public lands over to the state (yeah, right).

The point is that the fear of tyranny is alive and well in the US, however unfounded it may be.
    A large portion of Americans actually thinks it's a possibility the government turns into a tyranny, and that in such an event they would be able to overthrow the system and defeat the military if only they had access to small arms?

Only one reply is warranted to that: wat

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    A large portion of Americans actually thinks it's a possibility the government turns into a tyranny, and that in such an event they would be able to overthrow the system and defeat the military if only they had access to small arms?

Only one reply is warranted to that: wat
    yes. At least a very vocal minority. It may only 1% of the country who are actual extremists (michigan militia, montana freemen, etc), but it is a much larger proportion who are extremely distrustful of their government (while benefiting from it) and are prepared for open insurrection.

Unfortunate, but true. Many working class repubs fall into this category. I have known them from Michigan to Texas to Utah and almost everywhere in between.