Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: Deron Williams is a ****ing scrub. I can't stand him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He's not playing as well as he can but he's not a scrub. That's pretty ridiculous. If i was a Net fan i'd be more worried about JJ. He's only played well when he is allowed to be total iso. Melo level pre Woodson total selfish I AM TAKING THE SHOT AND YOU WILL ENJOY IT iso. Which makes the offense all more iso and stops the ball movement. (It's actually very Melo like from last year, it's masked when he has a good game and makes some shot down the stretch but they'd be better off if him and Deron fit together better.)
    I am ecstatic with Joe and love the signing. After getting acclimated to the system, he is putting up 19.1 points per game on 47% shooting over his last 9 games. Who cares is a lot of his points are iso or not. At the end of the day he needs to be doubled and have the opposing teams best perimeter defender guarding him. He commands a ton of attention and has come up clutch game after game in these last 9 games specifically. And he's not as iso as Melo because he is also averaging 4 apg and doesn't EVER force shots. Literally, if Joe misses a shot, its because it just didn't go in and not because he forced it like Melo used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    I am ecstatic with Joe and love the signing. After getting acclimated to the system, he is putting up 19.1 points per game on 47% shooting over his last 9 games. Who cares is a lot of his points are iso or not. At the end of the day he needs to be doubled and have the opposing teams best perimeter defender guarding him. He commands a ton of attention and has come up clutch game after game in these last 9 games specifically. And he's not as iso as Melo because he is also averaging 4 apg and doesn't EVER force shots. Literally, if Joe misses a shot, its because it just didn't go in and not because he forced it like Melo used to do.
    I don't know what you watch if you think he's not playing primarily iso ball. And i really hope you are comparing him to Melo of last yaer because Melo this year vs. Joe this year in terms of ball movement is a joke. And Melo is a much better player, it makes more sense for Melo to iso than for JJ.

I don't know what you watch if you think he's not playing primarily iso ball. And i really hope you are comparing him to Melo of last yaer because Melo this year vs. Joe this year in terms of ball movement is a joke. And Melo is a much better player, it makes more sense for Melo to iso than for JJ.
    He clearly does play iso ball, but according to you I should hate him more then Deron because of it? As I said earlier, Joe over his last 9 is averaging 19.1 PPG on 47 % shooting. And yes Melo is a better player but his iso last year was the worst ever because Melo forced shots for the sake of getting up a shot. Joe doesn't do that. He won't force a shot for the sake of shooting. 9/10 of his shots are great looks. Some of his iso ball can also be attributed to Deron's lack of play. If Deron could free up space and get Joe more easy looks, it would make the offense better. Right now Joe is our second best player behind Brook. There isn't a Nets fan disappointing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    He clearly does play iso ball, but according to you I should hate him more then Deron because of it? As I said earlier, Joe over his last 9 is averaging 19.1 PPG on 47 % shooting. And yes Melo is a better player but his iso last year was the worst ever because Melo forced shots for the sake of getting up a shot. Joe doesn't do that. He won't force a shot for the sake of shooting. 9/10 of his shots are great looks. Some of his iso ball can also be attributed to Deron's lack of play. If Deron could free up space and get Joe more easy looks, it would make the offense better. Right now Joe is our second best player behind Brook. There isn't a Nets fan disappointing with him.
    That's not true, i know lots of Net fans who complain about him. You don't give Deron credit for the things he does. Do you think the offense runs so smoothly at times on its own?

I get he's underachieving, but you talk like he sucks. He does not suck.

That's not true, i know lots of Net fans who complain about him. You don't give Deron credit for the things he does. Do you think the offense runs so smoothly at times on its own?

I get he's underachieving, but you talk like he sucks. He does not suck.
    Right now he sucks. No fan in their right mind can dispute that. He hasn't lost all of his talent but right now he is washed up due to a lot of reasons. System, injuries, mental, whatever it may be he is not playing good right now. I know deep inside he is still top tier pg Deron Williams. Which is why I have said for him to undergo surgery to repair everything and possibly find him a better coach. I would love Jerry Sloan but it's a long shot.

   

That's not true, i know lots of Net fans who complain about [Joe Johnson].
    nets fans can be as impatient and childish as all other sports fans. i don't know why you keep talking about "nets fans saying this" or "nets fans saying that" and acting like it makes a shred of difference. mob mentality is never the best way to arrive at an informed decision IMO.

regardless, joe brings good things to the table even when his shot isn't falling. he has high barbecue, smart and effective defense, and is a good team player. deron is very stupidly playing this season injured, was never a great defender at his best, and is a mediocre leader from the one position that demands leadership, i.e. PG.

he still has miles to go and fires to be lit before he becomes a jason kidd IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    nets fans can be as impatient and childish as all other sports fans. i don't know why you keep talking about "nets fans saying this" or "nets fans saying that" and acting like it makes a shred of difference. mob mentality is never the best way to arrive at an informed decision IMO.

regardless, joe brings good things to the table even when his shot isn't falling. he has high barbecue, smart and effective defense, and is a good team player. deron is very stupidly playing this season injured, was never a great defender at his best, and is a mediocre leader from the one position that demands leadership, i.e. PG.

he still has miles to go and fires to be lit before he becomes a jason kidd IMO.
    my point was that ITS A VC3 is making these blanket statements about Net fans. Basically that they all think JJ is great and Deron sucks. That's false. That's not how i formed an opinion, i've seen all the Net games. JJ is better lately (clearly a crapload better) but when he goes into iso mode it doesn't always benefit the offense. It's as i said a lot like Melo of last year moreso than this year, it looks real good when it's working, but when it's not it hurts the offense.

I know Deron has not played well but this thread basically sounds like he's dragging the Nets down. When things are humming on offense, he's clearly a part of it, and when Brook is getting the ball in nice positions to do things, he's clearly part of that.

I'm surprised Deron is getting scapegoated so much, that's all. I'd take him any day.

I'm going to remove myself from this argument as team's fans know their players better but the title of this thread remains a huge overreaction.

   

my point was that ITS A VC3 is making these blanket statements about Net fans. Basically that they all think JJ is great and Deron sucks. That's false. That's not how i formed an opinion, i've seen all the Net games. JJ is better lately (clearly a crapload better) but when he goes into iso mode it doesn't always benefit the offense. It's as i said a lot like Melo of last year moreso than this year, it looks real good when it's working, but when it's not it hurts the offense.

I know Deron has not played well but this thread basically sounds like he's dragging the Nets down. When things are humming on offense, he's clearly a part of it, and when Brook is getting the ball in nice positions to do things, he's clearly part of that.

I'm surprised Deron is getting scapegoated so much, that's all. I'd take him any day.
    fair enough. well said. and you should stick around in such threads IMO. you've done a better job of weighing factors than i first supposed. (my bad, i guess)

I'm going to remove myself from this argument as team's fans know their players better but the title of this thread remains a huge overreaction.
    I've tried looking it up but it seems are there is no definite answer. Will Carmelo play on Wednesday? The Nets would likely easily win without Melo in the lineup. Especially with Brook coming back. You know the Nets should have won if it weren't for the JR Smith no call illegal screen with one minute to go and the Reggie Miller "kick" no call by Kidd.

I'm sorry but I have a hard time understanding being ecstatic with Joe Johnson. Iso ball better get you more than 19.1PPG.

And I just checked...a solid 20 FT attempts in those 9 games. There's nothing special about that. Iso ball for 19.1PPG, on 16.4 FGA's a game...and that's his high peak so far?

Nothing that impressive there.