Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Deron "I'm a system player"

It's never his fault with DWill. He's another diva.

Quote Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
    I've never been high on Deron Williams. He is still an above average PG but the system in Utah made him look like an elite PG. Like Steve Nash, he is a system PG; take him out of it and he'll struggle.

To be fair, lots of players in the league do better in a certain type of system. Only a few players, like Lebron and Durant to name a few, are "plug in and play" players at an elite level.

So why did Nash make 2 all-star teams when he played in Dallas? Same system?

Why has he made multiple all-star teams without D'Antoni, in a more traditional pick n' roll, tho still uptempo? The Suns under Gentry weren't D'Antoni's Suns. They played uptempo but they didn't play D'Antoni ball.

A system just helps curb Deron's game. Deron was a beast with the US team and a lot of the players said that on some days he was the best player on the floor.

Lastly, I don't know if I've asked this before, but where exactly did people get that Williams drove Sloan to leave the Jazz? I'm not asking sarcastically. It sounded like something to say and I don't know if there is any fire or if it's all smoke.

3-time NBA All-Star

The most overrated player in the league especially over the last few years. @ anyone thinking he was better then CP3, Rose, or Rondo the last few years.

Decent college freshman

He's still a max contract player

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease plUto or bUst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115

Why has he made multiple all-star teams without D'Antoni, in a more traditional pick n' roll, tho still uptempo? The Suns under Gentry weren't D'Antoni's Suns. They played uptempo but they didn't play D'Antoni ball.

A system just helps curb Deron's game. Deron was a beast with the US team and a lot of the players said that on some days he was the best player on the floor.

Lastly, I don't know if I've asked this before, but where exactly did people get that Williams drove Sloan to leave the Jazz? I'm not asking sarcastically. It sounded like something to say and I don't know if there is any fire or if it's all smoke.
    The system made an Elite PG (nash) into a Hall of Famer. Utah's system made an above average player (Deron) into an elite player.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease plUto or bUst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    He's still a max contract player
    So is Amare Stoudemire. Your point?

   

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Name a great player that didn't have a system around him that made him shine. People here use the word system as if it means a bad thing. Duncan had a great system around him. Jordan too. Nearly every player needs to have a great system in place for them to excel.
    +1
    +2
    +3
    +4
    +5

okay, that sums up the votes of me and my houseplants.

Every player in a sense is a system player. There will always be systems in which a player of a certain skill set plays better in and systems in which they play worse.

For instance, put LeBron in the triangle, where he is no longer so ball dominant and there is more ball movement among all the players, and he probably only averages 20/5/5.

Quote Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
    The system made an Elite PG (nash) into a Hall of Famer. Utah's system made an above average player (Deron) into an elite player.

Nash's best season is probably 09/10.

Sloan's system is just an efficient way for a talent like Williams to play.

There was quite a few stories right after it happened but nothing concrete as either him or Sloan saying it's true. There was buzz about it prior too. I dont recall it being a highly debated topic though...

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    There was quite a few stories right after it happened but nothing concrete as either him or Sloan saying it's true. There was buzz about it prior too. I dont recall it being a highly debated topic though...

I understand covering your butt but Deron seems to do nothing but praise the hell out of Sloan and it always seemed odd to me. If anything, I think Deron just wanted to leave Utah.

   

looks like the system works:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rRoDi2ECVtw

not sure the nets have the right personnel to run it, though...

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    More like, "I'm a shitty player," am I right?????
    Yep.

I understand covering your butt but Deron seems to do nothing but praise the hell out of Sloan and it always seemed odd to me. If anything, I think Deron just wanted to leave Utah.

Full story never came out, but I believe they were forcing Sloan out because Deron had basically shut down on him. The hope was that it would make Deron stay, but alas he's sucking as a Net

Back to Business

To be honest i think it had nun to do with sloan. I think deron wanted out of utah and unlike dwight.....deron aint sugar coat it. He went right to the gm and said look im not resigning so u might as well trade me or lose me for nun in the offseason.

Exactly wat dwight should have done. Deron is coachable so i dont know y yall acting like he allen iverson.lol utah is a very small market also its a very religious town so it was prolly pretty boring there.

As for his struggles right now its simple. When has dwill ever played with allstar wingmen? Never until now. His assist are down because wallace and johnson arent catch and shoot guys. They like to dribble so that negates the assist.

He is shootin bad and i think its just mental. U gotta remember he in brooklyn now....... Expectations are high....the expectations in brooklyn are prollt higher than the expectations in miami and la just from a fan perspective.

Thats a lot of pressure to put on a player when they hotta learn how to play with ball dominate allstars and when they was just a year ago use to having freee will to go out there and shot jack like no tomorrow