Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Deron "I'm a system player"

I said in prior years the absolute apathy he had with the Nets was something that was a bad thing. Everyone always excused it as "the games didn't matter." Which was true, but he still should have been able to muster effort more nights, he still shouldn't have shut himself down last year, he still shouldn't have taken a week off when his wife had a baby when other players get 1 or 2 days.

Basically he hasn't been Deron most nights for almost 2 years and that was totally excused, but everyone wants the switch to click now.
    Last edited by niko; 12-20-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Default Re: Deron "I'm a system player"

2 years is an exaggeration. It's been 1 1/2 years...but it's certainly long enough.

He's not in shape. He can't just flip the switch, because if he plays well he's lacking all intangibles right now. His defense...this guy used to be able to play some defense...he is no longer acceptable there. Doesn't rebound enough. Isn't physical. For over a year I've said he doesn't seem to work on his game. He's just talented and good at everything, but where is the work?

Johnson is still doing a poor job coaching, but Williams is not bringing it.