Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tipping at restaurants?

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    When i go to work, i go to work. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who go to work and have this expression like "i hate being here." Motha****a get out then. Even if i don't feel like being at work, i put on the show that i'm very thankful to even have some work, because i know what its like to go on a long stretch of odd jobs with no stable employment.

Along with people expecting tips, the ass holes who go to work and be lazy are prime examples of America's lack of work ethic. We don't fight for anything we want unless its something that doesn't mean shit like an ipad, yet wonder why our politicians aren't fighting for us and blame them for everything.

I'm not going to be one to say this country is crumbling, because if anything its on a new horizon, just not one we may expect or want, but the people have very little love for one another, which leaves the country divided and full of excuses for whats wrong without every actually looking at themselves.
    This generation takes too many things for granted these days. Just like you said, they work for the tip when they should be working for a check. If they don't get a tip or a low tip, their night is ruined. It's like they're gonna be rude to everyone aster the person (or in their word assholes) who didn't tip.

When I go to work, I do my job and I like it. If I don't like it (which I really do like my job except for the first 2 hours it gets crazy but after ot settled down.) Even if I'm having a bad day, I don't let it show. You make it look like you're enjoying yourself. It only helps you out in the long run. I'm one of the youngest at my current position.

And people wonder why our parents generation looks at us the ay they do.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    You don't really have a choice. places charge gratuity if you have a party over 6 now.
    Then you don't tip extra, and you factor the gratuity into what the cost of going out to the dinner is, and call it night. In the non tipping world you believe in, the automatic gratuity charge is going to be the norm on all parties as an insurance policy for everyday tight wads.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
    Then you don't tip extra, and you factor the gratuity into what the cost of going out to the dinner is, and call it night. In the non tipping world you believe in, the automatic gratuity charge is going to be the norm on all parties as an insurance policy for everyday tight wads.
    And thats why i refuse to go to these restaurants. They are costing themselves more business in the end.

College superstar

Lmao at all these self righteous mofos claiming to be hard workers and shit. Say they reduced your salary by half and cut all your benefits tomorrow? Are you showing up to work all hunky dory. Money and security rules everything in this culture. From tips to career pay checks.
    Last edited by Norcaliblunt; 01-06-2013 at 07:21 PM.

College superstar

And thats why i refuse to go to these restaurants. They are costing themselves more business in the end.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've Made progress. YOU HAVE THE LIBERTY TO DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!!

Now stop being so freaking whinny about it. Simple as that.

Lmao at all these self riches mofos claiming to be hard workers and shit. Say they reduced you salary by half and cut all your benefits tomorrow? Are you showing up to work all hunky dory. Money and security rules everything I this culture. From tips to career pay checks.
    What good is it gonna do to looked pissed off all day? I'm sorry, but I can't work with negative people like that all day.

It's a few people at my job like that, everyday they come to work it's like they just came back from a funeral. Seriously, no one can be that mad everyday.

And if they reduced my salary, cut benefits it's time to have a talk with the big people in charge. Or I might be on my way to a different company.

if i got change i'll tip, if i don't well too bad!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've Made progress. YOU HAVE THE LIBERTY TO DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!!

Now stop being so freaking whinny about it. Simple as that.
    I'm just saying people should not force you to tip.

The social stigma that not tipping is the sin of all sins is what i have a problem with.

If i was the business owner, I rather have some money, with people in my restaurant than no money with no one at my restaurant.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    What good is it gonna do to looked pissed off all day? I'm sorry, but I can't work with negative people like that all day.

It's a few people at my job like that, everyday they come to work it's like they just came back from a funeral. Seriously, no one can be that mad everyday.

And if they reduced my salary, cut benefits it's time to have a talk with the big people in charge. Or I might be on my way to a different company.
    What does this have to do tipping? People who work in the service industry for tips are negative? Is that what you are saying? Or just the people at the office of whatever your spectacular career choice is? People are all different, so that's why tipping is cool, because when you get that negative funeral going mofo you describe as a waiter you don't tip, then on the day L.Kizzle, hard working, lunch pale carrying, super employee comes along to serve you lunch you get to hook him up.

College superstar

The social stigma that not tipping is the sin of all sins is what i have a problem with.

If i was the business owner, I rather have some money, with people in my restaurant than no money with no one at my restaurant.
    The stigma comes from non tippers also being cheap other places, which is just reality. No one is forcing you to tip. If you get insecure about the social consequence that's your problem. A person of real conviction wouldn't give a shit.

Lol you are so stupid it's unbelievable. You're saying restaurants are empty because people have to tip? What about the million of profitable restaurants that follow that exact model.

You would never be a business owner because any business you owned would quickly go bankrupt. But even if we were to ignore that, would you want to have employees to make your business run? Then tipping is necessary or your prices would be much higher than your competitors.

I love how idiots that complain about tipping don't realize that this model is the only way they can actually save money by being cheap scum. I there was no tipping they would be forced to pay more on all items

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Lol you are so stupid it's unbelievable. You're saying restaurants are empty because people have to tip? What about the million of profitable restaurants that follow that exact model.

You would never be a business owner because any business you owned would quickly go bankrupt. But even if we were to ignore that, would you want to have employees to make your business run? Then tipping is necessary or your prices would be much higher than your competitors.

I love how idiots that complain about tipping don't realize that this model is the only way they can actually save money by being cheap scum. I there was no tipping they would be forced to pay more on all items
    bmoge is a f*cking retard for real

Quote Originally Posted by macmac

You and Red are the two dumbest posters regarding this topic.

Think for a second. OK. imagine you are a mom and pops restaurant. You are paying your employee $8 per hour already to do his only job, which is to SERVE.

This mandatory tip stigma is actually dissuading people from going to your restaurant. People may rather eat at a fast food or just cook at home. You don't think these owners rather have some money than no money. You dont' think they they rather prefer people to go into their restaurant than no one???

So what's next, the employee gets laid off. You don't think these people would rather work than NOT work.

THINK

You and Red are the two dumbest posters regarding this topic.

Think for a second. OK. imagine you are a mom and pops restaurant. You are paying your employee $8 per hour already to do his only job, which is to SERVE.

This mandatory tip stigma is actually dissuading people from going to your restaurant. People may rather eat at a fast food or just cook at home. You don't think these owners rather have some money than no money. You dont' think they they rather prefer people to go into their restaurant than no one???

So what's next, the employee gets laid off. You don't think these people would rather work than NOT work.

THINK
    You don't like to tip because it is an unfair practice that prevents the restaurant from getting customers? And then the restaurant will have to lay off it's waiters forcing them to not get any income at all?

You just cooked up a scenario that has nothing to do with reality. What is this false concern for the restaurant and it's employees. If you had real concern for the well-being of the restaurant and it's people then you would tip. Right now you are just making excuses for the fact that you are a cheap stingy b*tch.

If the restaurant doesn't automatically charge tip - a practice that I f*cking hate - then the owner has decided that he or she will pay the waiters a low wage with the expectation that the customers will pitch in with their tips. This is something that the restaurant has every right to do and the government recognizes this by making it a legal practice.

Let the business aspect of this shit be handled by the owner, someone with more than two brain cells. Around here $8 is less than minimum wage so that is an income worthy of being supplemented with tips.

From YOUR perspective, if you are getting shit service, then don't tip. On the other hand if everything is in order and you are getting good service, then you tip. Don't overcomplicate this shit f*gg*t.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    You don't like to tip because it is an unfair practice that prevents the restaurant from getting customers? And then the restaurant will have to lay off it's waiters forcing them to not get any income at all?

You just cooked up a scenario that has nothing to do with reality. What is this false concern for the restaurant and it's employees. If you had real concern for the well-being of the restaurant and it's people then you would tip. Right now you are just making excuses for the fact that you are a cheap stingy b*tch.

If the restaurant doesn't automatically charge tip - a practice that I f*cking hate - then the owner has decided that he or she will pay the waiters a low wage with the expectation that the customers will pitch in with their tips. This is something that the restaurant has every right to do and the government recognizes this by making it a legal practice.

Let the business aspect of this shit be handled by the owner, someone with more than two brain cells. Around here $8 is less than minimum wage so that is an income worthy of being supplemented with tips.

From YOUR perspective, if you are getting shit service, then don't tip. On the other hand if everything is in order and you are getting good service, then you tip. Don't overcomplicate this shit f*gg*t.
    No...from my perspective, I will not be tipping at all. These workers are making a wage, there's no reason to tip. From now on, I will not be tipping anyone.

YOU don't complicate it.