Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tipping at restaurants?

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    No...from my perspective, I will not be tipping at all. These workers are making a wage, there's no reason to tip. From now on, I will not be tipping anyone.

YOU don't complicate it.
    You are honestly f*cking retarded. Reading comprehension of a 10 year old.

Do you still plan to eat out at restaurants?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    You are honestly f*cking retarded. Reading comprehension of a 10 year old.

Do you still plan to eat out at restaurants?
    I think you are just plain retarded and do not understand how majority of businesses operate. You do know over 60% of restaurants are mom and pop shops. So how is my hypothetical a convoluted scenario where it will never happen.

Go tip your 20% everywhere you go. I will, in the meantime, tip them nothing.

What you really don't understand is that many businesses function outside of America and Canada without having to tip. The service is great because its part of the job. Only in north america do you get this asshole stigma when you don't tip your server.

I truly believe you don't know what you are talking about. My main issue is that mandatory tips should not be assessed on people's bill. There should not be a social stigma to tip someone 15%. I should be free to tip whatever i want, which should be $0 if i feel like.

I have had waiters run out of the restaurant to ask for more tips because I only gave them a 5% tip. They said it was mandatory I give 15%.

Do you not understand this??? Maybe you are the one with the reading comprehension problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    I think you are just plain retarded and do not understand how majority of businesses operate. You do know over 60% of restaurants are mom and pop shops. So how is my hypothetical a convoluted scenario where it will never happen.

Go tip your 20% everywhere you go. I will, in the meantime, tip them nothing.

What you really don't understand is that many businesses function outside of America and Canada without having to tip. The service is great because its part of the job. Only in north america do you get this asshole stigma when you don't tip your server.

I truly believe you don't know what you are talking about. My main issue is that mandatory tips should not be assessed on people's bill. There should not be a social stigma to tip someone 15%. I should be free to tip whatever i want, which should be $0 if i feel like.

I have had waiters run out of the restaurant to ask for more tips because I only gave them a 5% tip. They said it was mandatory I give 15%.

Do you not understand this??? Maybe you are the one with the reading comprehension problem.
    you have a low IQ

If you don't want to tip just don't eat out at restaurants. Prepare your meals at home or grab fastfood when you are hungry and not at home. If this issue bothers you that much then move to one of those countries that you mentioned where tipping is not expected.

Problem solved.

Then you are saying, well here in toronto the minimum wage is not $8. How do they survive with less than minimum wage?

You know what? You don't even know how your damn city operates. Do you know how much waiters base pay is? YOU DON"T

Do you even know how much minimum wage is? YOU PROBABLY DON"T.

You automatically assume that your city is making $8 an hour so its impossible for servers to survive.

Why don't you do the research and find out whether 1. does your server get paid under minimum wage and require tips to make up the rest?

Do not comment until you find out this answer.

I know the answer in my city. In California, people at the minimum get a $8 an hour wage regardless of tips. Some other states do not. They make $2.50 an hour and need tips to make up the rest. In those scenario, the food price isn't marked up. But in california, its actually safe to assume business owners marked up the prices on their menu to pay for this extra wage.

you have a low IQ
    Thats all you are saying.

Its like you make an argument.

My retort is You are dumb.

Why don't figure it out before making comments. You don't make any other arguments because you CAN"T.

The only reason you tip is because social stigma dictates that you tip and you should do it.

It's only a matter of time before you get a serious case of food poisoning

Tipping sucks but you do it because the person waiting
    has a shittier job lol. Plus if they did a good job why not?
    Bar tenders are a rip off and honestly I tip them the lowest lol.
    Tipping is best for strippers!

I explained it to you so many times that I now realize you are just not capable of understanding what I am telling you. Seriously. You just can't grasp it. I will only repeat it one more time.

When you dont tip, the person you are screwing over is the waiter or the waitress. It is an unwritten expectation that a waiter or waitress will recieve some of their income from your tip. This is built into the way they are paid, this is the way the restaurant industry works. When you recieve good service but you do not tip, then the waiter or waitress is not getting paid for their work.

For the last f*cking time, if you don't like the way it works, THEN DON' EAT THERE. If I am an anti-gay marriage nutcase then I won't spend my days in a gay club. IF YOU ARE ANTI TIPPING THEN DON'T EAT OUT AT RESTAURANTS. If you go to a restaurant and refuse to tip despite recieving service, THEN YOU ARE BEING CHEAP AND INCONSIDERATE.

End of discussion

When you dont tip, the person you are screwing over is the waiter or the waitress. It is an unwritten expectation that a waiter or waitress will recieve some of their income from your tip. This is built into the way they are paid, this is the way the restaurant industry works. When you recieve good service but you do not tip, then the waiter or waitress is not getting paid for their work.
    What grade are you in? I explained this over and over that the waiter will receive their income $8 per hour as they are paid. I am not screwing anyone over. If they don't like their job, get another one. Get an education. Get some more experience instead of waiting.

Good service is inherent to their job. Service is PART OF THE JOB, if you do not know what inherent means.

I'm most positive that you do not know this, but in Japan, they provide excellent service without you needing to tip them. Because as I mentioned, its part of the JOB.

Then you will ramble on about needing to get paid more by the owners. And I explained this many many times.

IF YOU ARE ANTI TIPPING THEN DON'T EAT OUT AT RESTAURANTS. If you go to a restaurant and refuse to tip despite recieving service, THEN YOU ARE BEING CHEAP AND INCONSIDERATE.
    You just proved what L.Kizzle said about tipping..that you are ONLY doing it because you don't want ot be an asshole. HAHAAHAHAH...you are a big ass moron.

GG. I'm not entering this thread again. You are done. Go watch your crappy raptors now. Not even vince carter want to play there.

bmoge you are one of the dumbest posters I have had the displeasure of arguing with on this board

I eat out at restaurants all the time and I tip well
    but I don't feel it's right that servers at denny's
    can make around 50 dollars an hour, at all.
    I live in Cali and have witnessed this happen
    with wack waitresses might I add. It happens more times than not.
    All they do is wait for food, usually let it sit for days for no reason lol
    bring out drinks and expect at least 15% all the while giving the
    same horrible service to 5 tables at the same time racking up tips.
    Too many variables go into it. I can see why people working
    harder jobs with higher education getting payed less can be jealous
    and frustrated. Places back east and down south making 2.50
    an hour get your Tip on lol.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

I always tip well but I honestly can understand the argument of why we tip waitress but not the subway guys. Usually if someone gives me a receipt to sign and there's a tip space there, I'll put at least a dollar on there. They make min wage too and make the food and serve it to you (kinda).

I always tip at the bar. Why? Because I don't have huge tits.

I hate tipping, therefore, i rarely dine out. This is coming from an ex-waiter btw.

PS most restaurants would not go out of business by paying waiters minimum wage, most mom and pop places hire illegals who work off the books in their kitchen and save a ton by not having to pay for insurance, payroll taxes and so forth. Not to mention the cash they don't disclose. They could pay more to their servers and the successful places would not go out of business but American society has been suckered into thinking that tipping is the norm.