Good college starter

Default Return of the Super Sonics

I'm looking forward to seeing the emerald and gold return next season. It sucks that the Kings couldn't stay in Sactown.

I'm also looking forward to watching Sonics vs Thunder.

The team will have 2 Seattle Natives in Aaron Brooks and Isaiah Thomas.

Its going to be interesting too see who will be on the roster too.

Good college starter

Default Re: Return of the Super Sonics

The Maloofs are full of s**t.

The family that owns the Sacramento Kings wants to maintain a say in how the team is run if they sell it to Chris Hansen, creating a possible snag in the sale negotiation, an NBA source told The Seattle Times. The Maloof family has owned the team since 1998, and brothers Joe and Gavin have been particularly involved and visible presences in the franchise since day one. Seattle Times

We are so close. Hopefully the latest news about new buyers interested in keeping the Kings in California is false. Let's get our team back in Seattle.

Good college starter

So glad that the deal is done.

The current Kings roster. Who stays, who goes, and who do you will be brought in?

Aaron Brooks-6'0 G

DeMarcus Cousins-6'11 C

Tyreke Evans-6'6 G

Jimmer Fredette-6'2 G

Francisco Garcia-6'7 F/G

Chuck Hayes-6'6 F/C

Tyler Honeycutt-6'8 F

James Johnson-6'9 F

Travis Outlaw-6'9 F

Thomas Robinson-6'10 F

John Salmons-6'8 F/G

Isaiah Thomas-5'9 G

Jason Thompson-6'11 F

Marcus Thornton-6'4 G

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle

The current Kings roster. Who stays, who goes, and who do you will be brought in?

Aaron Brooks-6'0 G

DeMarcus Cousins-6'11 C

Tyreke Evans-6'6 G

Jimmer Fredette-6'2 G

Francisco Garcia-6'7 F/G

Chuck Hayes-6'6 F/C

Tyler Honeycutt-6'8 F

James Johnson-6'9 F

Travis Outlaw-6'9 F

Thomas Robinson-6'10 F

John Salmons-6'8 F/G

Isaiah Thomas-5'9 G

Jason Thompson-6'11 F

Marcus Thornton-6'4 G
    I don't know who stays or goes, but I'm fine with keeping DMC, Isiah Thomas, James Johnson (pretty versatile guy), Thomas Robinson (new guy), and Chuck Hayes (veteran presence). Don't want or really care for the rest or find them helpful. I really want Outlaw and Jimmer gone. Those two are worthless. Tyreke should be traded to get more pieces.
    Last edited by Killbot; 01-21-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Great news... I can't wait until they come back...

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle

Aaron Brooks-6'0 G

DeMarcus Cousins-6'11 C

Tyreke Evans-6'6 G

Jimmer Fredette-6'2 G

Francisco Garcia-6'7 F/G

Chuck Hayes-6'6 F/C

Tyler Honeycutt-6'8 F

James Johnson-6'9 F

Travis Outlaw-6'9 F

Thomas Robinson-6'10 F

John Salmons-6'8 F/G

Isaiah Thomas-5'9 G

Jason Thompson-6'11 F

Marcus Thornton-6'4 G
    I am good with the current roster. This is a nice base that we can build on. Hopefully by year 3 or 4 this current roster will be seasonsed properly and competiting for the divisional crown with playoff runs.

The current roster has some nice pieces, it just needs to have and give a lot of effort. I might have to start watching more King's games on the League Pass

Plus with the return of the Sonics, it is making me really appreciate having a team and not taking them for granted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    I am good with the current roster. This is a nice base that we can build on. Hopefully by year 3 or 4 this current roster will be seasonsed properly and competiting for the divisional crown with playoff runs.

The current roster has some nice pieces, it just needs to have and give a lot of effort. I might have to start watching more King's games on the League Pass
    They're not going to be successful by year 3 or 4 unless they get a new coach that can somehow manage young egos or trade for pieces.

These guys don't really gel well together based on my observations and most are inefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    They're not going to be successful by year 3 or 4 unless they get a new coach that can somehow manage young egos or trade for pieces.

These guys don't really gel well together based on my observations and most are inefficient.
    I will have to take your word on this part. I haven't seen too much of the Kings this year, other than highlights. I know that they have some issues with some of the players. Hopefully a change of venue will rid the team of those issues. Who knows. I do agree with the coaching change though. If we get the team we have to find a coach that can manage young egos and develop that talent.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    I will have to take your word on this part. I haven't seen too much of the Kings this year, other than highlights. I know that they have some issues with some of the players. Hopefully a change of venue will rid the team of those issues. Who knows. I do agree with the coaching change though. If we get the team we have to find a coach that can manage young egos and develop that talent.
    Who knows what could potentially happen? The new location of Seattle might brighten up the players (Isiah Thomas, Aaron Brooks especially). Not saying I'm right or anything about the current state of the Kings, but that's based on what I'm seeing. I haven't seen half their games this season, but my observations are in the same area as the opinion of other Kings fans like andremiller07; a lot of them are doing horrible. I feel like Supersonics need to do something to get better.
    Last edited by Killbot; 01-22-2013 at 10:02 PM.