Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: ESPN Spin On Lance Armstrong Cheating - "He's like Robin Hood".

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    You could say he's the perfect storm of cheating.

Smart, clearly very business savvy, obviously athletically fit enough to maximize the effects of doping and a born leader.
    That's you playing the devil's advocate...

The fact is, you punish the unwanted qualities, and especially you make sure you condemn and punish the epitome of such unwanted qualities, in the extreme way. That should be the message to society.

What you are simply missing is the case of ethics, and you lag like 3000 years behind the contemporary society. What you basically advocating is the case of arete, instead of the case of being the good person and example to the rest of the people. Meet Socrates, he'd help you a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    That's you playing the devil's advocate...

The fact is, you punish the unwanted qualities, and especially you make sure you condemn and punish the epitome of such unwanted qualities, in the extreme way. That should be the message to society.

What you are simply missing is the case of ethics, and you lag like 3000 years behind the contemporary society. What you basically advocating is the case of arete, instead of the case of being the good person and example to the rest of the people. Meet Socrates, he'd help you a ton.
    I was agreeing with your saying his was the kingpin of the snakes in the snake pit.

Just pointing out how he became the King of Snakes

As for the rest I'm sorry if my not being outraged over the aspects of his cheating bothers you but I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Pathetic reasoning. Jerry Sandusky ran a charity that helped a lot more boys than he was able to get his dick into, and continues to help them. I don't hear anyone giving him a free pass.

Lance Armstrong is a vile human who should be shot at the next sunrise.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    The lawyer's job is to provide legal representation in exchange for money, period. He's not going to waste time trying to have a come to Jesus meeting with Armstrong to get him to confess something that makes his case worse and lessens the amount of money that will be lining the attorney's pocket.

As a law school grad I can tell you students are taught to not ask certain questions, because knowing certain damming facts can alter the type of case you can present. Not trying to be a d[COLOR="Black"]ic[/COLOR]k but you are off here.
    So it was a good idea for Armstrong to be lying and perjuring himself left and right? That's nonsense. Neither of us knows what he did or didn't say to his lawyers in confidence and we may never know but the Lawyer's job is to give Armstrong good advice in this case, if Armstrong talked to a lawyer beforehand at all. If you read the link I posted (no degree required) Armstrong wasn't on trial and thus wasn't being represented, he was being interviewed under oath about a case involving the lawyer's client. And this is just one example of this, we have no idea how many different times Armstrong lied to a fed, gave false testimony to cover his ass, misled some investigation or another, slandered a witness to his doping, etc. This is going to lead to all kinds of court battles.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Pathetic reasoning. Jerry Sandusky ran a charity that helped a lot more boys than he was able to get his dick into, and continues to help them. I don't hear anyone giving him a free pass.

Lance Armstrong is a vile human who should be shot at the next sunrise.
    Comparing Lance Armstrong to Sandusky is just terrible. Sandusky is a person who I'd be 100% happy to see the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

you just compared blood doping to raping kids?

WTF is wrong with you?
    I would ask what's wrong with you, but it's obvious, you're dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    So it was a good idea for Armstrong to be lying and perjuring himself left and right? That's nonsense. Neither of us knows what he did or didn't say to his lawyers in confidence and we may never know but the Lawyer's job is to give Armstrong good advice in this case, if Armstrong talked to a lawyer beforehand at all. If you read the link I posted (no degree required) Armstrong wasn't on trial and thus wasn't being represented, he was being interviewed under oath about a case involving the lawyer's client.
    Who has said it was a good idea? I said the fault for this does not lie with Armstrong's attorney, and I am not backing down from that. The only thing that is confusing me is why are you trying to shift the blame away from a proven liar (Armstrong) onto a third party?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    And this is just one example of this, we have no idea how many different times Armstrong lied to a fed, gave false testimony to cover his ass, misled some investigation or another, slandered a witness to his doping, etc. This is going to lead to all kinds of court battles.
    True, and we'll see what comes of this. I haven't researched the laws of the state of Texas, but I've heard it mentioned that the statute of limitations may limit many of the people who were wronged by Armstrong from recovering anything.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Comparing Lance Armstrong to Sandusky is just terrible. Sandusky is a person who I'd be 100% happy to see the death penalty.
    That's sick.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Who has said it was a good idea? I said the fault for this does not lie with Armstrong's attorney, and I am not backing down from that. The only thing that is confusing me is why are you trying to shift the blame away from a proven liar (Armstrong) onto a third party?
    I believe we have a misunderstanding. You said any lawyer would have told him to protect his image. I'm saying that there's no way a lawyer that knew the truth would give that advice, though I am acknowledging that he could also have been lying to the lawyers. I guess you are assuming the lawyers didn't know the truth.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    That's sick.
    What? Me supporting the death penalty for a sick waste of life like Sandusky? They deserve it. Unfortunately, the death penalty isn't given out to pedophiles, but there's nothing the state could do to those sick pieces of shit that's nearly as bad as what Sandusky did.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    The comparison is to illustrate the fact that people are giving the bad guy here a pass because his actions contributed to the greater good of society.

Sandusky ruined a ton of lives but is charity raised money for 10 times more. Armstrong ruined a a bunch of lives to a much lesser degree but he raised money for millions. It's an extreme example but you can't let someone off the hook individually because their evil actions led to more good than harm.. Because more often than not in society it will lead to the opposite happening. It's about the message you're promoting to people who will accept it and live by it.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    The comparison is to illustrate the fact that people are giving the bad guy here a pass because his actions contributed to the greater good of society.

Sandusky ruined a ton of lives but is charity raised money for 10 times more. Armstrong ruined a a bunch of lives to a much lesser degree but he raised money for millions. It's an extreme example but you can't let someone off the hook individually because their evil actions led to more good than harm.. Because more often than not in society it will lead to the opposite happening. It's about the message you're promoting to people who will accept it and live by it.
    He said "I don't see those people giving Sandusky a free pass" which implies that if you give Armstrong one, you should give Sandusky one. It's a completely ridiculous analogy.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    he cheated in a sport where cheating via blood doping has been rampant since the 19teens? IDGAF.

He did lots of good for cancer research and thats the only real thing that matters.

keep thinkin that.lmao....u must get paid to suck his d.i.c.k till he spews dope infested semen all down your toothpick wide throat.lmao

shit is so manipulative its not even funny...him contracting cancer played right into his favor of him fooling millions of people around the world....livestrong was the damn coverup IMO.

DONT GIVE ME THAT "HE DID A LOT FOR CANCER RESEARCH" GARB....CUZ SO DO A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WE NEVER HEAR ABOUT.

LANCE IS A FCUKING FRAUD......AND I HONESTLY CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM IN HELL....WE ARE GONNA BE THE BEST OF FRIENDS.LMAO

Maybe I'm just confused because I don't follow cycling but, whose lives did Lance Armstrong supposedly ruin?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

Sandusky ruined a bunch of innocent lives beyond repair in some cases on a level so depraved it's almost unspeakable.

Armstrong fought back against people trying to bring him down by using lying, legal wrangling and dirty tactics.

Many of those people harmed by Armstrong save one or two were already in deep trouble for their parts in cheating the sport and were trying to save their own bacon by cooperating in bringing Armstrong's cheating to light.

Massive difference.