Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: If LBJ ends up with Back-2-Back "MVP Sweeps", He is LOCKED IN Top 10 GOAT

No. Unless he has an insane Playoff run. Everybody in the top 10 has at least 2 rings. Wilt and Hakeem are at the end of the top 10 and their 2 rings are all-time great runs so no Lebron doesn't surpass that.

Default Re: If LBJ ends up with Back-2-Back "MVP Sweeps", He is LOCKED IN Top 10 GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    No. Unless he has an insane Playoff run. Everybody in the top 10 has at least 2 rings. Wilt and Hakeem are at the end of the top 10 and their 2 rings are all-time great runs so no Lebron doesn't surpass that.
    I had a conversation with our buddy big_mikes1 from NBA General the other day. He suggested that Bird could be bumped from the top 10 if this happens (he also thinks that Garnett with a great run knocks Bird out).

But I think you hit the nail on the head...it comes down to the quality of his run, since we're splitting hairs (I still have him behind West/Robertson in addition to the consensus top 10, so he'd need another run like last season to jump not only them but displace someone in the top 10).

LeBron had a great playoffs run last year. Kobe was a top 30 player of all time before he won his first finals MVP in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    LeBron had a great playoffs run last year. Kobe was a top 30 player of all time before he won his first finals MVP in 2009.

Top 30? Good Lord.

Banned

He's already somewhere between 11-16 already.

- Regular season MVP, no championship = doesn't move up
    - Championship, F-MVP, no regular season MVP = he'll be in discussion between Duncan and Shaq for 7th and 8th All-Time list. Hakeem or Kobe gets bump from the general census of Top 10 All-Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Top 30? Good Lord.

Kobe was not yet a top 20 player of all time back in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I had a conversation with our buddy big_mikes1 from NBA General the other day. He suggested that Bird could be bumped from the top 10 if this happens (he also thinks that Garnett with a great run knocks Bird out).

But I think you hit the nail on the head...it comes down to the quality of his run, since we're splitting hairs (I still have him behind West/Robertson in addition to the consensus top 10, so he'd need another run like last season to jump not only them but displace someone in the top 10).
    Big mikes isn't considered highly on that board fp lol Didn't be win dumbest poster in ESPN history?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Top 30? Good Lord.
    Top 30 seems about right for Kobe, 1996-2008.

3 championships, 1 regular season MVP.

Pau Gasol really saved his career, in terms of all-time rankings.
    Last edited by DMV2; 01-19-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Banned

He already is top 10 GOAT and ahead of Kobe in the all-time list, only Kobe fans disagree.

WTF

Big mikes isn't considered highly on that board fp lol Didn't be win dumbest poster in ESPN history?
    He did but he's toned it down a bit...he's capable of intelligent conversation now, but that's impossible on those forums. He does still tend to be slightly biased against white players, but when he wants to he's one of the better debaters on the board.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...me-greatestsgs

Kobe was considered the 2nd greatest SG in 2008 before the season ended.

Kobe 1997-2008:
    3x NBA Champion
    2007-08 NBA MVP
    2x NBA Scoring Champion
    11x NBA All-Star
    10x All-NBA Team
    8x All-Defensive Team
    2x NBA All-Star Game MVP
    Youngest to score 20,000 points

I would say that's easily a top 20 career and some had him top 15 because they had him over Jerry West.

Can't see Bron winning it this year.

-Smak

Kobe was not yet a top 20 player of all time back in 2008.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=255143
    Top 15-18.

Banned

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...me-greatestsgs

Kobe was considered the 2nd greatest SG in 2008 before the season ended.

Kobe 1997-2008:
    3x NBA Champion
    2007-08 NBA MVP
    2x NBA Scoring Champion
    11x NBA All-Star
    10x All-NBA Team
    8x All-Defensive Team
    2x NBA All-Star Game MVP
    Youngest to score 20,000 points

I would say that's easily a top 20 career and some had him top 15 because they had him over Jerry West.
    Kobe has always had a great hype machine behind his name.

1998 All-Star appearance is a prime example.