Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Royce White:

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Royce White:

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    He's high maintenance because he needs more resources than other NBA players to even start playing basketball for the team. It's not opinion, it's fact no matter how he looks at it. Aside from the large contracts, other rookies didn't require much from their team before they started playing. White is being dumb. The Rockets don't need him, he needs the Rockets more.
    that's what he doesn't get ... no one owes him anything. the person he's screwing over is himself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    you guys need to be more sensitive to Royce's issues. he's still a kid and his comments are most likely out of frustration than pretensions even though it came out condescending.
    don't fall into his trap of getting sympathy from people trying hard to be politically correct. he wants to get a lot of minutes without the work and hes using his condition to get attention, hes a douche

He's doing every thing he can to try and keep that guaranteed money. He's not trying to play ball, or work through his condition. Hopefully the Rockets just fine + suspend him until he decided to show up for the D-league games he was assigned to.

Also, Royce is doing a disservice to future players with anxiety issues... because nobody is going to waste a 1st round pick (guaranteed money) after this debacle.

If he actually stated something specific, then I'd have more sympathy for him. All he states is that the team isn't providing a safe environment. I'm no professional nor do I know what's best, but I think it'd be better if he just dominate the D-League and then start making real demands when the team wants to call him up instead of doing nothing basketball productive.
    Last edited by ballup; 01-19-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Pop a Xanax and ****ing play basketball. This has gone on way too long.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

I don't even know who he is.

I quickly wikipedia'd him and googled him. And oh okay, he's that guy that was the inspiration for a hilarious thread of photoshopped pics with him dunking with a parachute while there was his personal bus in the background, his doctors watching him, and a safety mat placed under the rim.

I don't give a f about him, but i hope he stays in the league and drives a bus around every where because he'd make for some hilarious threads.

Really like this guy's character.
    A shame he probably won't be able to play...

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Would this guy **** off to obscurity already?

this ****er is basically telling the rockets to give him playing time because his (personal) doctors think it's going to be good for his confidence. Like seriously? Does he think the NBA is his personal therapy session? And of course when he had the opportunity to get playing time; go play for d-league he's too good for that shit. I wish the rockets could sue him and get back every penny.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

[B]Re: Royce White:

The

This guy is a moron.

The Rockets just need to cut ties with him. It's obvious Royce won't compromise, so it's time to just say goodbye and admit you flubbed a 1st round pick.

[QUOTE=Purch]The

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    If he actually stated something specific, then I'd have more sympathy for him. All he states is that the team isn't providing a safe environment.

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    WTF does his proposed protocols even mean?

He wants them to acknowledge he has a mental illness? Everyone knows he does, Royce has made sure of that.

The other two protocols are so vague and don't even make sense. What exactly does he want the Rockets to do for him?

Well said, again.

I actually had a hard time reading his letter. Even before he failed to even define his protocol, it sounded as tho it had just been pasted together.

I think he's very transparent. I hope that he has real concerns for other players and people with anxiety issues. If he does, he might actually turn around and eventually accept that he's wrong. Without that, he'll be hurting a lot of people in the process.

I think he's deluded into believing what he says. But that isn't because he doesn't know better. He's selfish and irresponsible, spoiled and pompous. He knows how to turn his anxiety on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    you guys need to be more sensitive to Royce's issues. he's still a kid and his comments are most likely out of frustration than pretensions even though it came out condescending.
    Fvck that. He's a public figure now that intentionally started a "crusade." It's up to him to learn how to carry himself in interviews, not up to the rest of the world to adjust themselves because he's an awkward douche.