Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe "Unless they

i think gasol gets traded by the deadline.

I think it's funny how he says the team needs him on both ends of the floor but keeps showing up on only one...and even then, often in the most disruptive way possible.

High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Kobe Bryant is so ****ing passive aggressive. He is one of the most manipulative players in the history of the game. "Blame me, but you better do something fast or I'm going to continue to play hero ball."

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    Did you say the same about your fellow Kobe Klowns during the Bron to Heat saga? F outta here, and stay mad

Bro don't come at me like I'm a 14 year old kid around here. Check yourself and sign off for a good while. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    Kobe Bryant is so ****ing passive aggressive. He is one of the most manipulative players in the history of the game. "Blame me, but you better do something fast or I'm going to continue to play hero ball."

So what should he have said in the face of questions? CLEARLY the team isn't working out. So should he BS and say that this team is in contention for a title or what? We're not all stupid. Or...should he come right out and say that he wants them to make the trades we all KNOW they're going to make anyway?

Kobe gonna gun for the scoring title, so he can eventually blame it all on his teammates.

Serious playground baller

Its not about the roster-its about the coach.
    Its not about kobe's stats-its about the coach.
    its not about kobe's team mates- its about the coach.
    kobe was putting up worse numbers under phil but the lakers were winning games.
    Kobe's great, but phil made him.
    no knock on jordan, but phil made him as well, bulls weren;t winning shit without phil.

PHIL JACKSON is the greatest of all time.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by B4llin
    Its not about the roster-its about the coach.
    Its not about kobe's stats-its about the coach.
    its not about kobe's team mates- its about the coach.
    kobe was putting up worse numbers under phil but the lakers were winning games.
    Kobe's great, but phil made him.
    no knock on jordan, but phil made him as well, bulls weren;t winning shit without phil.

PHIL JACKSON is the greatest of all time.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Kobe can carry them offensively, he can do that while they suck. He can score near 30 a night and so on. He can do that and play the stupid 38 minutes a night they play him at.

However, you then on defence have to have him guard a non scorer on defence. Against certain teams, that easy, put him on the Brewer's, Sefalosha's, and Tony Allens of this world. The problem is, when that happens he refuses to guard them. He goes hunting for steals in the passing lanes and the defence falls apart because of it since Nash or the other point guards don't have the ability to stay in front of their man and force offensive errors.

So what they did was, because Nash cant guard anyone, have Kobe guard the best player on the other end. They had him guard Jennings and Irving already. He has to concentrate on that end of the floor now, he has to do the right things and not go hunting.He does a fantastic job on those dudes.

So now your asking a guy 16 odd years into his career to guard the best scorer, carry the main load offensively and play 38 a night...Kobe is a gamer, he will do it, but it will NEVER work.

He will get worn out easily and have off shooting nights when his legs aint under him and even if they make the playoffs he wont have the energy to do anything there.

They have to

A. Sort out the offence.
    B. Ship Pau out for another shot creator, a tall, athletic and long 3 for example
    C. Get Kobe's minutes down.

Nobody does what Kobe is doing in terms of the minutes, the defence and the offence. Durant is the closest, but he has Westbrook who creates shots, Durant rarely has to iso
    Last edited by Rubio2Gasol; 01-21-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Anybody putting this seasons failures on Kobe and using it to degrade his career has an obvious agenda. The man with the miles on him can still play.

The lakers issues steam from health and poor decisions from the FO on two things.......not putting together a solid bench and not signing The Zen Master.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

Wow chucking up shots and shooting a low percentage still have Kobe fans think he's in the right. No player should shoot 30 attempts unless you are hot and have 50+. He's not playing team ball and when he shoots contested shots it sure doesn't help since they brick most of the time and cause the other team to get fast break points. He shouldn't have more total attempts then Howard and Nash.

Problem is that Kobe will chuck with any other player except for like Lebron. I mean he has Dwight, Nash and Gasol on his team yet that never stopped him.

Banned

Trade Dwight Howard

He is a cancer and a loser

I defended Kobe when people were using that stupid stat about him scoring 30+ points leading to Lakers losing...but now he is costing them games with his chucking and crappy efficiency.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    Anybody putting this seasons failures on Kobe and using it to degrade his career has an obvious agenda. The man with the miles on him can still play.

The lakers issues steam from health and poor decisions from the FO on two things.......not putting together a solid bench and not signing The Zen Master.