Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Howard walking with stat sheet after game showing it to teamates

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    has this been confirmed as true?

because if it has, it just further proves Dwight has a childs mentality when it comes to adult business. Sure, he may have only had 5 official shot attempts last night, which would make any superstar upset, but theres no need to run around with a stat sheet in hand trying to get everyone on your side. This is a professional sport that millions follow. Everyones well aware of how many shots a player took and why. No need for a child like justification for it.
    He's young. Still. I thought this article was saying Dwight was complaining about Kobe's shots last night. He's only concerned about his and I'm cool with it. Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol have complained about the same thing last season. Dwight is making a stand for what he feels is best. I can't really knock him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    With Pau instead of Bosh, Heat would definitely be better offensively and will be more consistent in the half court game which at times they struggle at.

But defensively, they will not have the same championship caliber defense due to Pau. Heat's defense is so good because of icing the pick n rolls and rotating quickly. Bosh is a lot better than Pau regarding this because he is much more athletic and younger.

Although Gasol even at this age is more skilled than Bosh, Heat will lose more than they gain with this trade, so it won't happen!
    That and it would be idiotic for a championship team to trade away a major piece of their roster. I can dream though.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    He's young. Still. I thought this article was saying Dwight was complaining about Kobe's shots last night. He's only concerned about his and I'm cool with it. Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol have complained about the same thing last season. Dwight is making a stand for what he feels is best. I can't really knock him for that.
    Kobe is a 5 time champion, one of the most decorated players in NBA history and is still playing at an elite level. If anything Dwight Howard should be learning from him, not antagonizing him. This stand up to Kobe crap is getting old. You don't have to be best friends with your teammates but you should be able to work together. He can learn a lot from NAsh, Pau and Kobe but showing a stat sheet around the locker room is just idiotic

Serious playground baller LakersFan626's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Dwight > Kobe.
    Last two games, 5 points and 8 points, and his impact on the games has been inferior to Kobe's. If efficiency was the main reason for player rankings, then Tyson Chandler would be in the top 5 players.

Decent college freshman

1. If they had hired Jerry Sloan instead, things would likely be better right now. A championship team? No. But better than this present cluster-f***.

2. I'm not quite sure what Kobe has to do with the fact that Dwight Howard sucks, but Dwight Howard sucks.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    2 made field goals, 4 turnovers, and 5 fouls. Why would he want to show anyone that stat sheet? Disgraceful game, disgraceful player, disgraceful human being.

If the Lakers offer him a max contract, I'm done supporting them.
    This guy is a f*cking joke. This is the guy that is supposed to carry the Lakers to more titles when Kobe retires? Yea f*cking right.

SHIP HIS ASS OUT!! Do it Mitch!

One thing that annoyed me about the current situation w/ Dwight is the way he played vs Milwaukee. What the Lakers did is instead of getting it to him in the highpost/ they ran the pick n roll with Nash and got him buckets that way. The Lakers have kind of gone away from that now. With Dwight the best thing to do is get him some easy lobs/lay-ins and then he tends to get going on the block. L.A needs to reconsider the way he's getting the ball. Get him going in the 1st q and then start giving it to him 1 on 1

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    per kevin ding of OC

what a loser
    A loser with a short fuse calling someone else a loser? Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Kobe is a 5 time champion, one of the most decorated players in NBA history and is still playing at an elite level. If anything Dwight Howard should be learning from him, not antagonizing him. This stand up to Kobe crap is getting old. You don't have to be best friends with your teammates but you should be able to work together. He can learn a lot from NAsh, Pau and Kobe but showing a stat sheet around the locker room is just idiotic
    He wasn't talking about Kobe's shots though. He was talking about his own. I'm ok with that. He's gotta learn some stuff from the older players and all of that, but he also was the man on his own team. I imagine it's a struggle going from 1st option to no option lol.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Dwight is easily becoming my least favorite player. The man has no mental fortitude and has no clue what it takes to win in the NBA. Wasting away his prime athleticism. Sad really.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

To me Howard needs to go back to the basics of pick and roll to get more shots. His go to moves are failing but he's still as mobile a big man as there is in the game.

Look at Andre Drummond.

Dude can score at will just by diving to the rim.If he does that it will open up space for the other facets of his game.

Stop whining and asking for the ball in the post and then proceeding to fail.

Also - forget that end of the court and play some god damn defense.

Saw a basketball once

Howard walking with stat sheet after game??? He should be doing something useful like, I don't know, practicing his freakin free throw shooting.

Indeed, Dwight isnt a coward and he stands up against the chucker, now people are calling him a cancer. Since when did the definition of cancer change? The reason why the likes of Iverson were called cancers was because the team was playing better and winning more games without them. Lakers without Dwight went on a 6 games losing streak.

You must be doing a lot of drugs. Because there is no way to justify it and that's that.

If this is true...he be gone. Nothing else to say.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    Toxic team. Massive overhaul needed asap
    Word, trade EVERYONE but Kobe and Gasol.

Gasol is burnt out in LA, but you can't trade him cause he's locked up for 3 years, and Dwight isn't re-signing, can't risk losing two big men.

Trade Dwight / Nash / Artest and pieces for some youth and athleticism.

Indeed, Dwight isnt a coward and he stands up against the chucker, now people are calling him a cancer. Since when did the definition of cancer change? The reason why the likes of Iverson were called cancers was because the team was playing better and winning more games without them. Lakers without Dwight went on a 6 games losing streak.

The Sixers made the finals with Iverson and haven't been back since