Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Kobe bryant confronts Dwight on his passive aggressive whispering

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Except Dwight has been in LA half a season and hasn't brought a single thing to the Lakers besides drama and controversy.

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    The shoe is on the other foot. Now DH is the young star with all the power. No team will trade for him without assurance that he'll re-sign. He can just wait and become a free agent. For sure, Cuban will sign him to a big, fat contract. Pau is difficult to trade because of his age, contract and recent play. Lakers are in a bind.
    DH doesn't have all the leverage. If he walks he'll be leaving a lot of money on the table. His best bet is to have the Lakers do a S&T for him unless he doesn't care about the money at all.

Seriously what could have happened if CP3 was traded to the Lakers. Is Kobe willing to have CP3 be the leader of the team? And if not, is CP3 going to stand up against him?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Seriously what could have happened if CP3 was traded to the Lakers. Is Kobe willing to have CP3 be the leader of the team? And if not, is CP3 going to stand up against him?

I'd like to think the dynamic would be vastly different. Both are killers cut from
    Similar cloth. Look, in the end game recognizes
    Game and I'm beginning to feel like Howard deep inside is a bit of a soft character.

Chris Paul is so much more well rounded than Kobe. His intellect would make Kobe his bitch, on, and off the court. Kobe's not all there in the head. He's really not.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

I imagine Dwight with his goofy smile when Kobe was addressing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Chris Paul is so much more well rounded than Kobe. His intellect would make Kobe his bitch, on, and off the court. Kobe's not all there in the head. He's really not.

He's a multi million dollar sports icon with career accolades. I'm sure Chris, will totally make him his "bitch"

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    He's a multi million dollar sports icon with career accolades. I'm sure Chris, will totally make him his "bitch"
    The same way Dwayne Wade is LeBron's bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    DH doesn't have all the leverage. If he walks he'll be leaving a lot of money on the table. His best bet is to have the Lakers do a S&T for him unless he doesn't care about the money at all.
    Seems like a few players are leaving money on the table to go where they can win/are happy and DH certainly isn't winning in LA nor is he happy (which seems very important to him). He's got enough leverage and seems immature enough to just forego the extra money and stick it to Kobe/LAL. Lakers will have lost Bynum and will be screwed for years (no way to replace that talent) if he decides to walk.

Regardless of what some of you Laker fans think, Pau hasn't suddenly lost his skill (after his Olympics performance) and DH is still not completely healthy. This experiment is not working (at least not with D'Antoni at the helm). Do you think other teams aren't willing to take a chance that DH will get completely healthy and go back to his Orlando form in a place where he's happy? Anywhere will be better than the circus in LA and as far as winning - there are 20 teams out there with better records than LAL.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Seems like a few players are leaving money on the table to go where they can win/are happy and DH certainly isn't winning in LA nor is he happy (which seems very important to him). He's got enough leverage and seems immature enough to just forego the extra money and stick it to Kobe/LAL. Lakers will have lost Bynum and will be screwed for years (no way to replace that talent) if he decides to walk.

Regardless of what some of you Laker fans think, Pau hasn't suddenly lost his skill (after his Olympics performance) and DH is still not completely healthy. This experiment is not working (at least not with D'Antoni at the helm). Do you think other teams aren't willing to take a chance that DH will get completely healthy and go back to his Orlando form in a place where he's happy? Anywhere will be better than the circus in LA and as far as winning - there are 20 teams out there with better records than LAL.

You're kidding yourself if you think Lakers GM loses Dwight and doesn't get assets back. We ain't the Bobcats here dude. They're a storied franchise for a reason.

NBA rookie of the year

I think Dwight knew if he says Kobe is hard to play with, it's a trap even if he's being honest. Kobe will always remember someone saying that and will never let it go.

Learning to shoot layups

This is exactly the reason why I was baffled when the Lakers hired Mike D'Antoni as coach, and as a Lakers fan, its hard to look at the team right now, but I am glad that this is happening because Jim Buss clearly cant run the team.

Phil would have been an excellent choice regardless of what he demanded because he is a coach that is respected by all players and therefore needed in this situation to deal with all the egos. Mike clearly couldnt do that in New York, so what made management think he was going to be able to do it in LA is still something that I dont understand. Even if they didnt hire Phil back, Mike wasnt the right choice.

However, the coach is the least of our problems, and I am not using it as an excuse, but situations such as these do really show how great of a coach Phil was when it came to managing all the egos and getting everyone on the same page.

Banned

Dwight Howard is done. He's never going to get there mentally until it's too late.

When the trade went down I thought Kobe Bryant of all people could straighten his ass out.

Turns out he's a lost cause with a high price tag.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

In my opinion all of this Dwight drama just further illustrates how great of a coach Stan Van Gundy was. He kept Dwight in line as well as you can and created a system that fit to Dwight's strengths. D'Antoni is a terrible coach at handling strong personalities.

www.sportsdivide.com

Cp3 is not a cry babe, he is a leader.