I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default LA with Dwight vs Miami Heat

If LA ends up getting Dwight and their roster looks something like this:

Nash/Blake
    Kobe/Goudeluck
    MWP/Ebanks
    Gasol/Jamison
    Howard/Hill

Do you think this team can beat the Miami Heat in the Finals, or OKC in the WCF?

Default Re: LA with Dwight vs Miami Heat

As long as Lebron James at 27 years old is a part of a super team, then no.

Pelican Brief

Call me crazy but I think OKC might beat that team in 7...which would benefit the Heat

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    Call me crazy but I think OKC might beat that team in 7...which would benefit the Heat
    Yeah, I'd actually be more worried about OKC is I was LA. They just match up better. I think LA would be able to beat the Heat in 5/6 if they ended up getting tot he finals though.

Saw a basketball once

Miami bench and shooters still get it done. Starting 5 vs starting 5 is fairly even, possibly slight advantage lakers. If MWP can go in a time machine and be Ron Artest of 3 years ago they might have a chance if he can play lock-down D. Heat bench is much better and they have some excellent shooters. If the Heat shooters get hot its over.

The Laker's starting unit is slightly better, but Miami's bench will be too much for the Lakers if they are making their shots like they did against OKC. Nash, Kobe, and Howard can't play 48 minutes a game.

Pelican Brief

Quote Originally Posted by illmaticone
    Yeah, I'd actually be more worried about OKC is I was LA. They just match up better. I think LA would be able to beat the Heat in 5/6 if they ended up getting tot he finals though.
    Yeah the areas where the Lakers need to be strong to beat the Thunder are defensively lacking...possibly LA in 6 or 7 but like another poster said miami's bench is now improved so it would be a toss up

I think Miami will have a Finals hangover and may just have gotten a bit fat off of their win.

It's hard to go "Back to Back" </Magicvoice> and the Lakers would be the hungrier team IMO

OKC posses a greater threat

But if it's LA v Miami I'd take LA in 6!

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

The difference would be..... Miami man (Lebron) makes his team mates better... Kobe hero chucking/ego and poor defence would cost LA.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Heat are so ****ing overrated. LA would obliterate the Heat in 5. Lmfao
    LA literally has 4 positions on Miami, and got Jamison/Hill off bench which isn't much worse then Miami's bench.

LA has way more size and a much better PG; plus the Gasol/Kobe duo. La would smoke both OKC and heat if they get Dwight.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Dwight & Gasol >>> Anthony and Bosh
    Peace <<<<< James
    Nash & Bryant >>> Wade and Chalmers

LA can still do a SnT to get Rush and will most likely get j-rich if they get Dwight. If they also re-sign Hill, their bench becomes pretty decent.

Jamison, Richardson, Hill, Rush, Blake, Giudelock and Ebanks isn't that much worse then Allen, Lewis, Haslem, Cole etc.

Miami still would have a better bench but LA has more star power and are far more balanced. Again, if Harden wasn't as dreadful as ge was against Heat, OKC could gave won that series. It was a 5 game series bc OKC were too young for that stage.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

I see this possibly going to 6 games at most. LeBron will be too much for the Heat, and if a healthy Wade can enter the Finals, then I'd be scared for LA fans.

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I see this possibly going to 6 games at most. LeBron will be too much for the Heat, and if a healthy Wade can enter the Finals, then I'd be scared for LA fans.
    Lmfao, Miami are prolly the weakest champions in recent memory. They font gel that well and are coyotes in half court.

Again, I hope Dwight goes to KA, you dolts are in for a ruse awakening. Miami ****ing faced Boston, Indiana and NY: the easiest road to finals like ever, and still nearly lost to celts.

Even against OKC every game besides the quit game was very close and thunder's execution late in games was disgraceful. Miami didn't impress me at all last year, I do not fear a team who can't score in hc sets. Great defense and good shooters with best player in the world, but they lack size and ball movement in half court sets. LA would seriously annihilate them, max 6 games.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Story Up
    Dwight & Gasol >>> Anthony and Bosh
    Peace <<<<< James
    Nash & Bryant >>> Wade and Chalmers

LA can still do a SnT to get Rush and will most likely get j-rich if they get Dwight. If they also re-sign Hill, their bench becomes pretty decent.

Jamison, Richardson, Hill, Rush, Blake, Giudelock and Ebanks isn't that much worse then Allen, Lewis, Haslem, Cole etc.

Miami still would have a better bench but LA has more star power and are far more balanced. Again, if Harden wasn't as dreadful as ge was against Heat, OKC could gave won that series. It was a 5 game series bc OKC were too young for that stage.
    The heat would still have the best player on the court plus heats big 3 < nash gasol

Um, the Lakers could have beaten the Heat last season if they didn't have to go through the bad matchup that were the Thunder.

Improved bench, improved weakest position (PG) AND land the best defensive big man in the league?

trololol