Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

Default Re: Dark Horse to Win the East....TORONTO

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    Jermaine O'Neal. And my "wtf?" comment wasn't about you thinking there weren't many playoff vets on either team, it was about you out of no where saying "CB4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Robinson". Thanks man, I wasn't sure who was better.
    So tell me. What's the farthest Jermaine O'neal has ever gotten in the playoffs (as the best player on the team)and how far has he carried his team before?? In addition to that, the current team that they have is loaded with young players and new additions.

So therefore, the east is STILL a total tossup.

Local High School Star

you shouldn't make threads like these man, it generates hate for the Raps

watch, next post will be hate
    You gotta win something before you can be hated on :

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    So tell me. What's the farthest Jermaine O'neal has ever gotten in the playoffs (as the best player on the team)and how far has he carried his team before?? In addition to that, the current team that they have is loaded with young players and new additions.

So therefore, the east is STILL a total tossup.
    well the got to the east finals with him starting.
    and jeff foster as a starter and al harington as the 6th man...doh

SO there you go. 2/5ths of a starting lineup that played in the conference finals againt the eventual champs. Very entertaining and close series as well.

Not that I disagree that the east is pretty wide open. I just dont think the raps can get it done this year.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    well the got to the east finals with him starting.
    and jeff foster as a starter and al harington as the 6th man...doh

SO there you go. 2/5ths of a starting lineup that played in the conference finals againt the eventual champs. Very entertaining and close series as well.

Not that I disagree that the east is pretty wide open. I just dont think the raps can get it done this year.
    I'm not gonna sit here and say I think the Raps will win a championship, or even an EC finals appearance, but what I am saying is that they can definitely take anyone in the first and possible even the second round.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    I'm not gonna sit here and say I think the Raps will win a championship, or even an EC finals appearance, but what I am saying is that they can definitely take anyone in the first and possible even the second round.
    oh please sit here and say the Raps will win a title so we can all laugh at you.

The Raptors are YEARS away from winning a title, IF EVER.

Bosh is a nice player, but I dont look at him as a player that can win championships for a franchise, sorry.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

You gotta win something before you can be hated on
    K won't hate on the Mavs then.

Bosh is a nice player, but I dont look at him as a player that can win championships for a franchise, sorry.
    did you not just say you have to win something to be hated on? now you're hating.

clown

Little known facts:

- the Raptors have the 2nd fewest loses to eastern conference teams in the East
    - the Raptors have essentially the 3rd best record against the East.
    - the Raptors have played less games against the East then any other team in the East.

Now there is no way they beat the Pistons and Heat because of many reasons. I don't think they could beat the Bulls because of matchup reasons.

Other then that, I wouldn't bet against them. They handled the Wizards twice (leading by as many as 20 in both games). They controlled both games against the Cavaliers, and Cleveland has only gotten worse. They **** kicked the Magic, and the Magic suck even worse now. The only team that really beat them good were the Pacers, who they are 1-1 with.

Some other things to consider: Bosh's averages 30+ points per game against Rasheed Wallace and 25+ against Webber, both loses to the Bulls were by 1-4 points and the Heat are 1 Shaq or Wade inury away from being an easy playoff win.

Local High School Star

K won't hate on the Mavs then.

did you not just say you have to win something to be hated on? now you're hating.

clown

No thats called facts, not hating

clown.

I like Chris Bosh since hes from my part of the world, but hes just a nice player. He will never be as good as KG and look where thats gotten the TWolves.

Quote Originally Posted by A Roc 23
    Little known facts:

- the Raptors have the 2nd fewest loses to eastern conference teams in the East
    - the Raptors have essentially the 3rd best record against the East.
    - the Raptors have played less games against the East then any other team in the East.

Now there is no way they beat the Pistons and Heat because of many reasons. I don't think they could beat the Bulls because of matchup reasons.

Other then that, I wouldn't bet against them. They handled the Wizards twice (leading by as many as 20 in both games). They controlled both games against the Cavaliers, and Cleveland has only gotten worse. They **** kicked the Magic, and the Magic suck even worse now. The only team that really beat them good were the Pacers, who they are 1-1 with.

Some other things to consider: Bosh's averages 30+ points per game against Rasheed Wallace and 25+ against Webber, both loses to the Bulls were by 1-4 points and the Heat are 1 Shaq or Wade inury away from being an easy playoff win.
    Thank you!! exactly.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

He will never be as good as KG and look where thats gotten the TWolves.
    Bryan Colangelo or Kevin McHale, who do you pick?

Tomorrow, Raptors vs. Pistons and Pistons with Home Court?

Pistons in 5 or 6 max. Seriously, that's not even close. Throw out numbers, whatever, a young team like that, in Detroit, they'll get grinded and spit out.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Tomorrow, Raptors vs. Pistons and Pistons with Home Court?

Pistons in 5 or 6 max. Seriously, that's not even close. Throw out numbers, whatever, a young team like that, in Detroit, they'll get grinded and spit out.
    everyone is in agreement that Detroit and Miami would handle Toronto. the disagreement comes with people saying that teams like Indy, Washington, Cleveland and NJ would like beat Toronto in a first round series.

Keeping the Bench Warm RAPSCANWIN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
    oh please sit here and say the Raps will win a title so we can all laugh at you.

Thats taking it a bit far, Its a little arrogant for you to say any team can or cannot win a title in the future.

For the record " A darkhorse team is one who isnt expected to win but comes from no-where to win". T.O. definitely will have come from no where. Winning...thats another thing, but in the East anything is possible and I don't think Toronto is finished improving this season.

Toronto fans should just be proud that they can go to their team's games and know they can compete and win games. Where before that was never an option. Winning it all or even coming close to winning the east is the last thing that should be on their minds.

Dunking on everybody in the park bigdog13's Avatar

So rapswin you are still saying that the Raptors are not guaranteed to win the east just that they are the dark horse. Like everyone else has argued, the Pistons are still the odds-on favourite to win.