Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Dark Horse to Win the East....TORONTO

Biased

Keeping the Bench Warm RAPSCANWIN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Roc 23
    Little known facts:

- the Raptors have the 2nd fewest loses to eastern conference teams in the East
    - the Raptors have essentially the 3rd best record against the East.
    - the Raptors have played less games against the East then any other team in the East.

Now there is no way they beat the Pistons and Heat because of many reasons. I don't think they could beat the Bulls because of matchup reasons.

Other then that, I wouldn't bet against them. They handled the Wizards twice (leading by as many as 20 in both games). They controlled both games against the Cavaliers, and Cleveland has only gotten worse. They **** kicked the Magic, and the Magic suck even worse now. The only team that really beat them good were the Pacers, who they are 1-1 with.

Some other things to consider: Bosh's averages 30+ points per game against Rasheed Wallace and 25+ against Webber, both loses to the Bulls were by 1-4 points and the Heat are 1 Shaq or Wade inury away from being an easy playoff win.
    Someone who sees the East for what it is....Up for grabs.

Keeping the Bench Warm RAPSCANWIN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog13
    So rapswin you are still saying that the Raptors are not guaranteed to win the east just that they are the dark horse. Like everyone else has argued, the Pistons are still the odds-on favourite to win.
    Whats your point.

Thread turned out how i predicted. Bunch of Raps fans.

Quote Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
    Whats your point.
    He doesnt have one.

I've finally come to terms with the fact Toronto will most likely win the division, but I see no way the Raps could win the East.

The main reasons: Detroit and Miami.

Come playoff time, these two teams will be poised to make a run for the finals, and both will have enough confidence in themselves to think they can win it all.

I also don't see Toronto beating Cleveland since Cleveland is arguably the better team, but also because of the treatment LBJ will receive from the refs.

Chicago would be a tough test, but I'm not that intimidated by them if I'm Toronto. Chicago still needs to address their lack of an interior scorer and they are also a young fairly inexperienced team. BUT.. given the experience Chicago gained the last two years and Ben Wallace I give them the edge.

Toronto as the 4 seed would most likely have to play Cleveland or Chicago in the 1st round, which again will not be easy, and then the top seed (most likely Detroit. In the ECF finals they would face either Miami, or whatever team was playing well enough to the get there.

Toronto needs to a. make the postseason b. peak at the right time and c. face teams who are not playing their best to make the Finals.

Out of the 8 teams that make the playoffs in the East I would put them in the following order of most likely making the Finals

Detroit 30%
    Miami 30%
    Chicago 10%
    Cleveland 10%
    Washington 5%
    Toronto 5%
    Indiana 5%
    Orlando 5%

Rough estimate obviously, but gives an idea of the favorites.

Defense? Whats that? The Italian's Avatar

If the Raps face Cleveland in the first round, then I think that they would be able to beat them. They won't be able to beat Miami, Detroit or Chicago (based on match up problems) in a series. Any other team is a toss-up. I'm am by no means saying that they will be able to win the East. Detroit or Miami will win the East but other then those two teams anything can happen.

Decent playground baller power works's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
    Bosh is a nice player, but I dont look at him as a player that can win championships for a franchise, sorry.
    NBA rings: Nowitzki = 0, Bosh = 0.

I like Chris Bosh since hes from my part of the world, but hes just a nice player. He will never be as good as KG and look where thats gotten the TWolves
    There's a good reason why KG hasn't won anything. His name is McHale. :rollingeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by power works
    NBA rings: Nowitzki = 0, Bosh = 0.
    Number of times being in the finals and shooting at least 40% overall:

Nowitzki = 0 Bosh = 0

NBA Superstar

Number of major choke jobs?

Nowitzki = 1 Bosh = 0.

This could get ugly.

Fire Dwane Casey

If threadstarter means Raptors making it to the finals...please stop it with the homerism. We're 2 games over 500, get a reality check. The intensity in the playoffs is much harder than regular season games.

Lets focus on making the playoffs before we talk about the finals.

Local High School Star

Chris Bosh is a nice player, but not a franchise player, all the Raptor fans on here try to fool us into thinking he is, well hes a reality check, hes not!

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    If threadstarter means Raptors making it to the finals...please stop it with the homerism. We're 2 games over 500, get a reality check. The intensity in the playoffs is much harder than regular season games.

Lets focus on making the playoffs before we talk about the finals.
    One of two sensible Raps fans. Kudos for you.

Chris Bosh is a nice player, but not a franchise player, all the Raptor fans on here try to fool us into thinking he is, well hes a reality check, hes not!

what makes him NOT a franchise player? im just curious... you obviously have some reasoning behind this, you're not just talking out of your @ss right?

how many non-franchise players have been on the allstar team twice before they turned 23? just curious...

this explanation better be good...

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech
    what makes him NOT a franchise player? im just curious... you obviously have some reasoning behind this, you're not just talking out of your @ss right?

how many non-franchise players have been on the allstar team twice before they turned 23? just curious...

this explanation better be good...
    Bosh is a franchise player. There is no argument there. he is talking out of his a$$
    Back to the thread a DARKHORSE usually means having the least shot or most unlikely to do it BUT MIGHT. They fit that category, but in the east they are better than a darkhorse. Although lack of playoff experience may hurt them if they played Det or Miami first round.

Defense? Whats that? The Italian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    One of two sensible Raps fans. Kudos for you.
    Whos the other sensible Raps fan? Because there are a lot more then two.
    Last edited by The Italian; 02-05-2007 at 10:54 PM.