Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Can You Win a Title With Derrick Rose As Your Best Player

Of course a team could win a title with Rose as the best player. Rose was the best player on the 2011 Bulls. They won 62 games, and despite the 5 game loss were competitive against Miami. Rose had a really poor series, and in most cases will play much better than he did in that series.

Actually winning a title, and being capable of it are two different things. Plus, it's not all about your best player, it's the entire team. The 2004 Pistons won with Ben Wallace as their best player and got right back to game 7 of the finals the next year. If the 2000 Blazers don't blow a 15 point 4th quarter lead in game 7, they enter the finals as the favorites to win a title with Sheed as their best player. And they'd have faced a team whose best player was Reggie Miller. The 2010 Celtics lost a close game 7, and with KG's injury still limiting him, as well as his age, nobody on that team was a first-tier superstar anymore.

Before Rose's injury, he was a borderline top 5 player so he's better than quite a few best players we've seen on recent championship contenders. It remains to be seen how he returns from his injury, but despite an injury-plagued 2012 season and his numbers being down, I thought his playmaking and decision making had improved.

Plus, even going back to college and that 7 game series vs the Celtics when he was a rookie, Rose has always seemed like a winner to me.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

You can, but they wont.

Sure why not. Just a few months ago we found out a team with Lebron James could win one. Albeit a shortened season

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Sure why not. Just a few months ago we found out a team with Lebron James could win one. Albeit a shortened season

In the end I'm glad he didn't he come to the Knicks. We'd have you as a bandwagoner.

This is what's become of this fool she makes a troll thread, I give a proper response only to have her troll some more but off topic. Should have known better

Explain why this is significant. By your logic the Knicks have no legitimate titles since it didn't take them 16 playoff wins. See anyone can just put retarded parameters on a championship to discredit teams. Just stop embarrassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Explain why this is significant. By your logic the Knicks have no legitimate titles since it didn't take them 16 playoff wins. See anyone can just put retarded parameters on a championship to discredit teams. Just stop embarrassing yourself.
    Every year of a full season, at the end of the playoffs... Lebron looks gassed. Tell me I'm wrong. Last year he was not, in a 66 game season. Stop embarrassing myself because he won a title in a shortened season? Let's see him do it this year, and I will shut up about winning a title in a shortened season. This is a full season, and him having so much wear on his legs from carrying the Heat all year will leave him gassed. 15 games before the 1st round went to a 7 game series is a lot different from 66 and 82, don't you think?

Anyways this is a D-Rose thread, which the f@ggot OP made to troll anyway.

No, he cant' hit free throws in the clutch. Heat demolished him before and they'll continue to.

College superstar

As most people have said, of course a team can win the title with Rose as their best player.

But this Bulls team doesn't seem to be well-enough constructed. Get them a second reliable scorer, and I'd say they're right up there with the Heat. Without a second reliable scorer, they still have a shot, but Rose has to ball out of his mind, and Lebron has to play like he has in the past, and Wade has to stay hurt.

Bulls would definitely be contenders if he comes back as we know him.

I think Chicago still needs a 2 guard who can create his own shot, but they do have a capable player in that regard with Nate.

The one team Chicago would need him would be against Miami. And I'd feel comfortable having Nate create against Mario or Cole.

But on the current Bulls team, the X factor in the Playoffs is definitely going to be Carlos Boozer. Every Bulls fan was calling for his head after we lost to Miami in the ECF. He's a guy that should be able to shoulder some of the scoring load, and Chicago becomes a more complete team when he's on his game.

So yes, a Derrick Rose led team can definitely win it all. He's capable of closing out close games and is a clear leader on the floor. Basketball is still a team game though, and nobody is winning a title without relying on a few guys to get the job done. I think the current Bulls roster has enough to get it done, but there are other teams just as capable - if not more capable in Miami and OKCs cases.

In the end I'm glad he didn't he come to the Knicks. We'd have you as a bandwagoner.

the thought...

Yes, you can win a title with Rose as the best player. However, since he is coming of a serious injury, it's going to important to see how he plays from here on out.

Even before the injury, there were improvements that I wanted to see from his game, which includes improved shooting and improved defense (I definitely saw that in the lockout season, before he got hurt). Rose should probably return to form and give the Bulls a boost, but it will also be the amazing defense and rebounding around him that will be key.

Maybe if LeBron got hit by a bus.

Every year of a full season, at the end of the playoffs... Lebron looks gassed. Tell me I'm wrong. Last year he was not, in a 66 game season. Stop embarrassing myself because he won a title in a shortened season? Let's see him do it this year, and I will shut up about winning a title in a shortened season. This is a full season, and him having so much wear on his legs from carrying the Heat all year will leave him gassed. 15 games before the 1st round went to a 7 game series is a lot different from 66 and 82, don't you think?

Anyways this is a D-Rose thread, which the f@ggot OP made to troll anyway.
    You're right its way easier to play games back to back to back way less tiring thats why old teams performed better and no one got injured right? You're a moron. It's not like the Heat had a 66 game schedule and no one else did. The competition was even. Again why cherrypick this season when most of the seasons in the NBA have had varying amounts of games to win a championship? Don't answer everyone knows its just cause you want to discredit LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    You're right its way easier to play games back to back to back way less tiring thats why old teams performed better and no one got injured right? You're a moron. It's not like the Heat had a 66 game schedule and no one else did. The competition was even. Again why cherrypick this season when most of the seasons in the NBA have had varying amounts of games to win a championship? Don't answer everyone knows its just cause you want to discredit LeBron.
    Name-calling. Wonderful. Already means you're at a loss in this argument. 66 games is a lot less than 82. 82 games is 16 games more. Want me to me do more math? Want me to get pauk to figure out how many minutes he played last year as opposed to disappearing against the Mavs and Celtics in 2 previous years? No, because somehow 82 games being more than 66 does not compute in your head. Everyone else also played 66, but not everyone else is built for 66 game seasons like Lebron is. Means he had 16 less games to wear himself out.

82-66=16

That's the math, use a calculator if you do not believe me

a ring is a ring is a ring. whether it has an asterisk or not, it's still a ring