Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Chris Kyle dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Which part of this leads you to think I believe in a "good vs. evil" narrative?

Especially re-read the last sentence.

You dislike the United States because you think our actions are immoral and our wars are unjustified. At the same time you think Americans are stupid because they don't realize there is no objective "good guys" or "bad guys".

Do you not see the irony? You're hating the player and the game.

I support the United States because I am a citizen and I appreciate all the freedoms and comforts afforded to me. I also understand the United States has to take care of it's own interests first and foremost. I don't give a shit if other countries "dislike" the US, because I know they would be doing the exact same things if they were in the US' position.

Keep thinking Americans are gullible sheep if it helps you feel better about yourself. There's a reason we lead the world in economy, science, technology, space travel, military and university. There's a reason you watch American TV shows and movies, eat at McDonald's, listen to American music. Our culture is exported all over the world. The only reason we are having this discussion on this board is because of the American made NBA.
    I didnt read the post and you made some good points. I dont dislike america at all, I only disagree strongly with many of its government policies. The consititution's moral principles are very good but sadly in reality your country doesnt uphold them when it comes to protecting its interests. The american government meddles in the affairs of other countries and your politicians fcuk shit up all over the world.

I see why you would consider chris kyle a hero but by the same token you are also agreeing with the reason why the families of the Iraqi civilians whom your country killed consider your government to be the terrorists.
    Last edited by red1; 02-04-2013 at 03:18 PM.

It's just a matter of a hero to who.

A robber could be a hero to his family because he was stealing medicine/food they couldn't afford.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    It's just a matter of a hero to who.

A robber could be a hero to his family because he was stealing medicine/food they couldn't afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    What does Iran have to do with this? This comment makes no sense. Conflating Iran's extremism across the whole middle east proves your ignorance and lack of knowledge of the actual situation in the middle east.

Further, I was born in Sudan, lived in Qatar and Bahrain, and I was living in Kuwait when the Gulf War started, yet you assume I have no right to criticize? Maybe if you heard the sound of bombs dropping outside your a mile from your door you would change you tune. Yet again, you claim I only sit at my computer and criticize? How very ironic.
    Just to be clear. You were happier when it was Iraq occupying Kuwait instead of when the US drove Iraq out.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    You are quite the clown. You are talking about war like it is a football game except in this case one team has drones flying overhead and has bombers bombing the shit out of everything including civilians.

Listen, no one is talking shit about your military that you love, the point is that serving in the military in and of itself does not make one a hero. Is an iraqi sniper who killed 255 american soldiers a hero? He is protecting his brothers in arms and defending his homeland from the powerhungry invading superpower that is also taking advantage of his lands resources. He must be a hero right?

I said why shouldn't he proud of his service.....His path?.....His Job was to Kill people....he spent over a decade of training in the Military....why shouldn't he proud of something he worked hard at?...

- again...have you ever served in the Military?...what gives you the knowledge to speak?...you don't understand the mindset....or the lifestyle..

honestly you haven't even earned the right to give yo 00.02$

- I referenced a sport....Players practice thier whole life to throw a ball.....or tackle someone......wouldn't they want to play in a real game?...shouldn't they be proud when they tackle?..or score a touchdown?.....same thing except on a whole different level.

- If an Iraqi sniper sniped 255 people....he damn well be a hero to his countrymen.....or at least his fellow Snipers.

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    Yeah, those two things are totally the same. It's all about believing.

please explain..If there is no belief in something ( survival....or protecting yourself/family/country /anything)..waht's the point of fighting???

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Just to be clear. You were happier when it was Iraq occupying Kuwait instead of when the US drove Iraq out.
    i am simply responding to his accusation that I criticize from the comfort of my computer chair. Nowhere in my comment do I even remotely insinuate such a sentiment. If you care enough to respond then you should at least show enough care to understand what context the comment was made. I think that's fair enough dont you?
    Last edited by Burgz V2; 02-04-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    I said why shouldn't he proud of his service.....His path?.....His Job was to Kill people....he spent over a decade of training in the Military....why shouldn't he proud of something he worked hard at?...

- again...have you ever served in the Military?...what gives you the knowledge to speak?...you don't understand the mindset....or the lifestyle..

honestly you haven't even earned the right to give yo 00.02$

- I referenced a sport....Players practice thier whole life to throw a ball.....or tackle someone......wouldn't they want to play in a real game?...shouldn't they be proud when they tackle?..or score a touchdown?.....same thing except on a whole different level.

- If an Iraqi sniper sniped 255 people....he damn well be a hero to his countrymen.....or at least his fellow Snipers.
    Your entire logic is that if someone is succesful at something then he is a hero. Hitler was very succesful at genocide does that mean he is a hero?

Your entire logic is that if someone is succesful at something then he is a hero. Hitler was very succesful at genocide does that mean he is a hero?

- Your entire Logic is....Only a person who does a certain moral act that brings some imaginary " Good" to the universe ( that you yourself deems to fit the criteria of Good vs EVIL or Good vs Not good)....any person who doesn't fit your criteria is not a hero...

- That's the same Mindset Hitler had!!!

a hero is someone who does something that is universally good, not someone who is becomes skilled at something

I thought a doctor who helps people is a Hero to you.....did he all of a sudden wake up and become a Doctor one day?

a hero is someone who does something that is universally good, not someone who becomes skilled at something

I thought a doctor who helps people is a Hero to you.....did he all of a sudden wake up and become a Doctor one day?
    It is not the fact that an individual is skilled that makes them a hero. According to your logic everyone who was ever very skilled at something is automatically a hero. That is ridiculous.

The other day my neighbour saved someone from drowning, that right there is a hero. A doctor who actually cares for the health of his patients, that right there is a hero. Chris kyle is a hero in the sense that he protected those that he served with but in the grand scheme of things the war itself was not heroic thus I am hesistant to paint a soldier who did so much damage in that war as a hero

a Doctor is nearly the same thing as a soldier....especially in the context you are using it.

A) They have to work hard to aquire the necassary skill....to become or work in the Healthcare industury.

B) They have to follow strict guidelines..if they don't , extreme punishment and loss of thier license.

C) Some believe in what they do actually helps people.....and many times it does.....sometimes it does not....( acctually Many times it does not...especially in the Obstetrician or vaccination fields)

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    he was a puppet who did an excellent job killing innocent people who did absolutely NOTHING to him.
    You have a strange sense of innocent.

As for doing nothing to him, I'm sure he detonated those IEDs himself so he would have a good story to tell.

Whatever the reasons that brought us to Iraq, once the war got started, there was some horrible barbaric shit going on in that country. Barbaric shit that often did happen to innocent people

The war logs record US soldiers finding tens of thousands of bodies dumped on the streets and thrown into the rivers of Iraq, as violence broke out across the country.

There are 32,563 cases of civilian murders by insurgent groups, accor

ding to the files substantially more than the 20,228 killed in IED explosions.

In hundreds of cases there are also references to torture, including that of 32 children.

The violence detailed in the documents is horrific. It includes .....

a Doctor is nearly the same thing as a soldier....especially in the context you are using it.

A) They have to work hard to aquire the necassary skill....to become or work in the Healthcare industury.

B) They have to follow strict guidelines..if they don't , extreme punishment and loss of thier license.

C) Some believe in what they do actually helps people.....and many times it does.....sometimes it does not....( acctually Many times it does not...especially in the Obstetrician or vaccination fields)
    Listen alphawolf this shit is not very complicated. Everyone will have their own definition of what does and does not constitue a hero. In the case of chris kyle his intentions may have been good and in an earlier post I stated that he is most definitely is a hero for those he went to war with and protected and for you as well he is also a hero since you idolize military exploits. But if you ask me, in the grand scheme of things, I would not consider a hero someone whom was directly responsible for so much suffering in the name of a cause that I do not consider noble. That is all.