Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: How do you view other races?

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Chinese people can't drive for shit, I know they say Asians, but Japanese/Koreans aren't that bad.

Chinese males are horrible
    Chinese ladies are agents of death
    Old Chinese ladies are the horsemen of Apocalypse

Here most of the car accidents are due to Chinese drivers doing something completely retarded. My mom, brother and cousin have all gotten into accidents because of them.

They are the most dangerous objects on the road.
    And a statement like this would make sense seeing as bicycles are a huge choice of transportation for an average human being from China. But the Westernized ones (cars from an early age) often tend to be exceptional drivers. No harm no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    I am disagreeing with you. Call it what you want, race, ethnicity, ethno-cultural and sociological background, if you want to get finicky with the classification....people from certain cultural backgrounds tend to behave in more similar ways than people from completely other cultural backgrounds. In general.

This is a thread to make non politically correct observations about these similarities and differences.

Now, I think it's naive for people to come in here and say, there are no differences, we are all the same, all created equal, one giant human race, etc etc...

If you don't notice these quirks, then you are either completely sheltered from different ethno groups, you have terrible observation skills, or you are just being politically correct because society dictates it.

Da Fuq?

The question is " How do you view Races?"...not " People raised in ________?"......Fact bieng....there are no such things as Race...
    The question should read..." How do you view people raisd with minor diffrent beliefs then you?"

I grew up in the East bay?....( Nor Cal)

- I'm Black and native American Indian....I was around lots of Asian's(Chinese , Flips,and Japs)/Hindu Indians/White's and just about every other person maginable.

- I traveled all around Asia and spet over 2 years living in china and Japan...maybe this helped me com to my conclusion (along with science)

People are the same everywhere.....excluding minor cultural diffrence's....we all behave the same way.

- You said yourself....people behave on how they were raised or " cultural backgrund"....this is true for everyone.....so how does this make us different?......

FACT: I am more Chinese then Jeremy LIN.......I actually spent more time in China, I speak Mandarin Chinese , I understand and Lived Chinese Culture in CHINA.

anyone saying Jeremy LIN ( who was also raised in the East Bay is more Chinese then me is Ignorant)

the Race stuff is pointless....we are all the same species and act nearly identical ( only diffrences is from minor culture attributes).....as Proven through science and Life lessons.

evolve people...
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 02-12-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I get along with everyone except the kobe-nutthuggers race. ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Seriously miller? I always found you to be astute and logical. So you are saying there are no behavioral similarities and differences between Mexicans and the Japanese?

The submissiveness of women, the concept of honor, the festive nature and overall less emphasis on heavy work loads in warmer climates? You don't think these things come into play?

Do you really need a scientific journal to point this out? Because there are probably a million such studies

You are speaking on culture.. There alot of cultures and sub cultures inside dominant ones. American culture is a dominant culture... Inside of that you would have many sub cultures that relate to the dominant.

If you raise a chinese baby in a mexican culture, the child will look chinese but follow the norms of the culture in which it was raised.

like someone said earlier, race is really only a social construct and it only lives in consensus reality..

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    You are speaking on culture.. There alot of cultures and sub cultures inside dominant ones. American culture is a dominant culture... Inside of that you would have many sub cultures that relate to the dominant.

If you raise a chinese baby in a mexican culture, the child will look chinese but follow the norms of the culture in which it was raised.

like someone said earlier, race is really only a social construct and it only lives in consensus reality..
    I am speaking on ethno-cultural background and ethnicities. As some one pointed out early, Mexicans aren't a race and he should have maybe changed title to ethnicities. OP just isn't wordy enough to distinguish between classifications. Is gene code alone going to make you behave a certain way, probably like most have said only at the most minute level, and the more minorities become assimilated and races cross breed globally, the less distinctions are going to exist. However, people from similar ethnicities clearly have similarities in their behavioral patterns....this thread could have been an interesting way to discuss and argue about those ethnocultural differences, both globally and in the microcosm melting pot that are the North American big cities

White people are boring & fake.

Black people are ghetto & will rob you if you make eye contact.

Asians are nerdy & socially awkward.

Brown people smell funny.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    And the paper you are citing is where?
    Outside speaking in gypsy. Ask someone from Germany about the turkish problem.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

Just curious. What city? I also grew up in the East Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Just curious. What city? I also grew up in the East Bay.
    Hayward, San leandro , Newark , Fremont and Union City...I moved around the east bay alot Growing up.

even Lived in So Cal ( san bernadino/Victorville) for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    Aaaaaand this is what keeps racism alive.
    Yet the vast majority of cases its factual.

People groups are different......... Do gooders smh

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    White people are boring & fake.

Black people are ghetto & will rob you if you make eye contact.

Asians are nerdy & socially awkward.

Brown people smell funny.
    White people are not fukking boring.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Its not only physical attributes but mentality ones. Certain group seem to have different mentality, culture, work ethic, social ethics and they bring it whenever they move to as a group.
    Agreed. The West has developed a marxist school of thought when it comes to race and now you can't even say humans can be distinguished by race as it's viewed as racist. Irony! Everyone is different, every culture is different.

Bottom line is that people are different. People in the Balkans have different head shapes, physical features, etc, than a person from Sweden for example. A man in Montenegro averages around 6'1 feet tall, robust face, odd shaped head, long and bent nose which is completely different than the average man from Uzbekistan for example. The physical aspects of humans can distinguish us on race let alone social aspects.

I also don't rule out the fact that some humans have neanderthal dna(I know humans can't mix bla bla..)

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Da Fuq?

The question is " How do you view Races?"...not " People raised in ________?"......Fact bieng....there are no such things as Race...
    The question should read..." How do you view people raisd with minor diffrent beliefs then you?"

- I'm Black and native American Indian....I was around lots of Asian's(Chinese , Flips,and Japs)/Hindu Indians/White's and just about every other person maginable.

- I traveled all around Asia and spet over 2 years living in china and Japan...maybe this helped me com to my conclusion (along with science)

People are the same everywhere.....excluding minor cultural diffrence's....we all behave the same way.

- You said yourself....people behave on how they were raised or " cultural backgrund"....this is true for everyone.....so how does this make us different?......

FACT: I am more Chinese then Jeremy LIN.......I actually spent more time in China, I speak Mandarin Chinese , I understand and Lived Chinese Culture in CHINA.

anyone saying Jeremy LIN ( who was also raised in the East Bay is more Chinese then me is Ignorant)

the Race stuff is pointless....we are all the same species and act nearly identical ( only diffrences is from minor culture attributes).....as Proven through science and Life lessons.

evolve people...
    Yes, Jeremy Lin is more Chinese than you sheeptard. His parents are from Taiwan.

You can be fluent in Chinese, live the rest of your life in China, marry a Chinese girl but you'll never be Chinese(ethnically at least)

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Agreed. The West has developed a marxist school of thought when it comes to race and now you can't even say humans can be distinguished by race as it's viewed as racist. Irony! Everyone is different, every culture is different.

Bottom line is that people are different. People in the Balkans have different head shapes, physical features, etc, than a person from Sweden for example. A man in Montenegro averages around 6'1 feet tall, robust face, odd shaped head, long and bent nose which is completely different than the average man from Uzbekistan for example. The physical aspects of humans can distinguish us on race let alone social aspects.

I also don't rule out the fact that some humans have neanderthal dna(I know humans can't mix bla bla..)
    The problem is that physical differences are so varied both between and within races that it makes racial distinctions meaningless. There are overlaps, just because one particular race might have a higher average - say in speed - doesn't mean that everyone in that race is faster than everyone in another race. There is overlap. In fact you can have more in common with someone from another race than someone from the same race.

The visual stuff (height, skin colour, facial features) is largely arbitrary and doesn't have much functional meaning in the modern world where we spend most of our time indoors benefiting from the agricultural, industrial, and technological revolutions.

I've noticed that many white folks my age, especially the women, tend to speak very deliberately (talking with their hands, putting emphasis on every other word) in comparison to ni[COLOR="Black"]ggas.[/COLOR] They also tend to laugh more quietly.

Of course, this is generally speaking.