Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: The Clippers are going to the 2013 NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Thank you for answering my question.
    That's much different than "Clippers are shit. They have zero chance" right? Not sure why it's insulting to Miami to at least admit it would be competitive. Even last year in the finals run we saw BOTH the Pacers and the Celtics push Miami to 7 games. It just so happens Miami owns OKC's soul but that doesn't mean they will destroy anybody in the west. Spurs, Clippers and Grizzlies would all put up a better fight against the Heat than OKC (although with the Gay trade, not sure about Grizzlies now).

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I think Miami wins in 6 or 7 most likely but I think it would be a very competitive series. I think IF the Clippers have HCA and have a little bit of luck with stopping Lebron they could be the ones winning in 7.
    Nobody's stopping a confident Lebron. Certainly nobody on the Clippers. He got his first title off his back and he's on a mission now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    Nobody's stopping a confident Lebron. Certainly nobody on the Clippers. He got his first title off his back and he's on a mission now.
    Maybe Lebron stops himself and just has a bad game ? Like I showed you before Lebron averaged 21.5 ppg on 37 percent shooting the two seasons before this against the Clippers. Grant Hill, Matt Barnes and Caron Butler are as formidable as it gets as a trio of defensive SF's to throw at Lebron. No other team has that many different looks to give him. Not that it's guaranteed to work but there is a good chance that combined they can force him into 2 bad games.

That's much different than "Clippers are shit. They have zero chance" right? Not sure why it's insulting to Miami to at least admit it would be competitive. Even last year in the finals run we saw BOTH the Pacers and the Celtics push Miami to 7 games..
    That was without Bosh dude. The Heat are 5-1 in playoff series Bosh has participated in. Have won those 5 series in 5 games or less.

If Bosh is out in the Finals, and if the Clippers are the team from the West, then yes the Clippers do have a better chance obviously (since you brought up Indy and boston last year)

And the Pacers series didn't go 7 games, it went 6.. here's how the 6th game went, to refresh your memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfWCVEDwE5I

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    So enough threads about Lebron vs MJ, and Dwightmare. I can't believe there aren't a bunch of Clipper/Billups threads after the past week.

The Clippers put together a great week of bball this week after the return of Chris Paul and Billups.

It's only been a week, but Billups has shown he will be able to do a lot more than most people expected. I for one thought his career was over after last year's injury. It clearly isn't.

The deepest team in the league just got even deeper. It will be great watching them get to the Finals while all the Durant slurpers sit there shocked.
    I co-sign this powerful post.

That was without Bosh dude. The Heat are 51 in playoff series Bosh has participated in. Have won those 5 series in 5 games or less.

If Bosh is out in the Finals, and if the Clippers are the team from the West, then yes the Clippers do have a better chance obviously (since you brought up Indy and boston last year)
    I remember bosh was out with a torn abdomen or w/e. Still Celtics took you guys to 7 the year before with Bosh. NOBODY is favored vs Miami. Just admit the Clippers would likely make it competitive in a series is all. I never denied Miami should be favored, would likely win or wouldn't give the Clippers any problems.

And I'm Malcolm X, n*gga.

[COLOR="White"]Name that cartoon.[/COLOR]

I never commented on OP though and I should. I don't want to get TOO high believe it or not despite the success. Do I think the Clippers COULD make the finals? Absolutely. Specifically my personal opinion would be more like "good" shot at the WCF and "puncher's chance" at the finals. If everything goes right in the playoffs they could definitely be in the finals but a more realistic expectation for me is WCF, especially if they draw the right opponents.

I remember bosh was out with a torn abdomen or w/e. Still Celtics took you guys to 7 the year before with Bosh. NOBODY is favored vs Miami. Just admit the Clippers would likely make it competitive in a series is all. I never denied Miami should be favored, would likely win or wouldn't give the Clippers any problems.
    Dude, just stop it. The Celtics series the year before the Heat won in 5 games, not 7.

Again, to refresh your memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTHOz7CXrk4

With a healthy Bosh, and healthy Heat team, they beat the Clippers (and it won't be close, in other words it won't go 7)

Dude, just stop it. The Celtics series the year before the Heat won in 5, not 7

Again, to refresh your memory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTHOz7CXrk4
    Okay I made a mistake. Still the Celtics do a good job playing competitive ball vs Miami, as do the Pacers (at least last year).

I actually think the Heat could be a better team this year, by the time the playoffs come around. They added players and have depth, but mostly it's Chris Anderson. Yes, James is a better player (not having a better season) and, even tho his defense hasn't been what it was last year, heshould be clicking on all cylinders in the playoffs. Wade is healthier this year, tho he's not playing any better for the season. But he should continue to get better as the season progresses.

But Anderson has to be good. His defense, shot-blocking, open-court ability...mostly, his defense and shot-blocking and his REBOUNDING. Anthony has been very good off the bench. Haslem would be better there. They have a lot of depth at both the 2 and the 3 position. PG will be an issue, because Chalmers is an underachiever and a waste of time at this point. I'd certainly be interested in seeing James run some point and Battier playing in the starting lineup. Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I actually think the Heat could be a better team this year, by the time the playoffs come around. They added players and have depth, but mostly it's Chris Anderson. Yes, James is a better player (not having a better season) and, even tho his defense hasn't been what it was last year, heshould be clicking on all cylinders in the playoffs. Wade is healthier this year, tho he's not playing any better for the season. But he should continue to get better as the season progresses.

But Anderson has to be good. His defense, shot-blocking, open-court ability...mostly, his defense and shot-blocking and his REBOUNDING. Anthony has been very good off the bench. Haslem would be better there. They have a lot of depth at both the 2 and the 3 position. PG will be an issue, because Chalmers is an underachiever and a waste of time at this point. I'd certainly be interested in seeing James run some point and Battier playing in the starting lineup. Let's see.
    The Heat are a better offense, worse defense. So in some ways they have improved. The shift reminds me of the Spurs in recent years. Went from leading with their dominance defensively to becoming a lights out offensive team with average defense. Finally this year they brought it back into balance more.

Okay I made a mistake. Still the Celtics do a good job playing competitive ball vs Miami, as do the Pacers (at least last year).
    Yeah, they made it competitive without Bosh in there. With Bosh the Heat beat em both in 5 games or less.

The only hope the Clippers have is an unhealthy Heat team with players out.

Yeah, they made it competitive without Bosh in there. With Bosh the Heat beat em both in 5 games or less.

The only hope the Clippers have is an unhealthy Heat team with players out.
    Did you read the numbers your Big 3 has put up vs the Clippers the last 3 years? Or conveniently avoid it? . Also did you know the Clippers have won 11 of the last 13 home games vs the Heat? Which is why I said HCA would likely determine this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I'm pretty sure Hank has down syndrome.
    Can't stand when people say these kind of things. You got a problem with people who have syndrome?