Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star steve franchise's Avatar

Default Re: James Harden to Houston = Worst trade in NBA History

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I bet 75% of the people slobbering all over Harden right now will be calling him Joe Johnson 2.0 in like 3 years.
    Except Harden gets to the FT line at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I bet 75% of the people slobbering all over Harden right now will be calling him Joe Johnson 2.0 in like 3 years.

This is truly ridiculous. Joe Johnson was never as good as Harden is right now, nor was he ever close. The one season he put up crazy stats was the ultimate example of a player playing on a bad team and padding his way towards his big contract.

Joe Johnson goes iso iso iso and his impact is good. He's never been the lead dog the way people suggest. He never took the responsibility of being the first option. He just wanted the ball.

If people are ever whining about Harden it's because he's having a bad run or because he suddenly falls flat. Or because people are full of shit.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 02-21-2013 at 02:11 PM.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Like who?
    I'm not sure. that's a good point. maybe a Klay Thompson shooter type, or a scoring power forward to compliment Ibaka? not sure about salaries..

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Harden is the only consistent scoring threat on Houston's roster and has the green light to shoot all game long. He is talented, but the situation is making him look better than he actually is.

Let's see what happens in the playoffs, when half-court defenses actually start showing up and Harden can't do his euro two-step in the lane all day.
    I agree with the bold. I think this season will be his best year statistically.
    but he is still a bigtime force on offense, and he has had monster games against the two best teams in the NBA (Miami and OKC), for what that's worth. It's not like he is just unleashing his wrath on the Bobcats and Kings every night.
    And this isn't quite a "Ricky Davis" Cavs situation where he is the only non-D-League talent on his team; Lin, Parsons, and Asik are good players.
    Last edited by FindingTim; 02-21-2013 at 02:40 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Artesia High School product

[QUOTE=2010splash]Name me once in NBA history a team with dynasty potential WILLINGLY pissed away an opportunity to develop a homegrown super-trio just to avoid ponying up the real dough that is required of all championship teams.

Heck, name me one time a team drafted three top 10 players and made the Finals with all of them under 23 years old.

A joke and third-rate organization OKC is. They ruined something that could have been very special. Instead they have glass knees Kevin Martin in his 30

I think a big question is, would we have ever seen this very James Harden if he remained an OKC player?

This first option role was thrust upon him in a way, and there were doubts, but obviously it's working out.

What would his ceiling be as the 6th man with OKC for another 4 seasons? This was a great trade for the NBA neutral fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    I think a big question is, would we have ever seen this very James Harden if he remained an OKC player?

This first option role was thrust upon him in a way, and there were doubts, but obviously it's working out.

What would his ceiling be as the 6th man with OKC for another 4 seasons? This was a great trade for the NBA neutral fan.
    This

Harden would still be around an 18 ppg player in OKC. People really need to get a grip, OKC couldn't offer 3 max contracts all to wing players. Especially when we already have a superstar and durant and a proven player in westbrook. Holler at me when Harden is dropping 40 points in the finals.

no doubt.
    he was already their best playmaker last year.
    he was already an olympian.
    he outplayed kobe in the playoffs.
    i would have traded him for melo straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by mjokc
    This

Harden would still be around an 18 ppg player in OKC. People really need to get a grip, OKC couldn't offer 3 max contracts all to wing players. Especially when we already have a superstar and durant and a proven player in westbrook. Holler at me when Harden is dropping 40 points in the finals.
    Yup. Sure, it was clear Harden couldn't spread his wings in OKC as much as he can now in Houston, but that was for a reason. As you said, KD and Russ are proven.

And sure, K-Mart isn't as good as Harden, but he's still pretty close to his career averages while coming off the bench.

From an OKC fans perspective, it would have been nice for them to keep Harden, but unrealistic. I thought they did the right thing at the time, and still have the same opinion today. I'm really happy for Harden though at the same time.

Yup. Sure, it was clear Harden couldn't spread his wings in OKC as much as he can now in Houston, but that was for a reason. As you said, KD and Russ are proven.

And sure, K-Mart isn't as good as Harden, but he's still pretty close to his career averages while coming off the bench.

From an OKC fans perspective, it would have been nice for them to keep Harden, but unrealistic. I thought they did the right thing at the time, and still have the same opinion today. I'm really happy for Harden though at the same time.
    It's a damn shame that people can't just leave it at that. People feel the need to taunt OKC fans about it as if we had any say on Harden getting traded. He's balling in Houston, that's good. However he wouldn't be getting that many touches here.

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    but he is still a bigtime force on offense, and he has had monster games against the two best teams in the NBA (Miami and OKC), for what that's worth. It's not like he is just unleashing his wrath on the Bobcats and Kings every night.
    Harden has proven that he is a legit regular season #1 option on a good team. That was a real question at the beginning of the season.

I was skeptical, but will acknowledge that I was wrong, as he's thrived in that role -- though at times he's had some horrible shooting stretches, with lots of turnovers.

The real test of this trade will come in the playoffs. Harden struggles against elite perimeter defenses. Long, athletic defenders like Iggy and Batum definitely gave him problems.

If he gets shut down, Houston has no chance in a series. It will be interesting to see if the team can hold on to the #8 playoff spot once the pressure starts to build and the Lakers make a run.

One wonders if OKC would have still traded Harden if played like he in that San Antonio series, and they ended up beating the Heat to win the NBA title. I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    This is truly ridiculous. Joe Johnson was never as good as Harden is right now, nor was he ever close. The one season he put up crazy stats was the ultimate example of a player playing on a bad team and padding his way towards his big contract.

Joe Johnson goes iso iso iso and his impact is good. He's never been the lead dog the way people suggest. He never took the responsibility of being the first option. He just wanted the ball.

If people are ever whining about Harden it's because he's having a bad run or because he suddenly falls flat.
    It really isnt tho with the nature of fans, especially ISH. A couple first/second round exist and a couple bad games late in a series and everyone will be calling him a number 2 option who cant be the man, similar to Joe Johnson. Not saying its correct by Im willing to bet thats the trend his career will follow.

I hope he gets some early playoff success and avoids all that tho because hes a great playet to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo
    One wonders if OKC would have still traded Harden if played like he in that San Antonio series, and they ended up beating the Heat to win the NBA title. I doubt it.
    The answer is obvious. Winning titles changes everything.

Harden didn't show up at the most important time last season, so he got traded. There were other factors, of course, but you can't lay an egg in the Finals then demand max money.

I'm certainly surprised he's beasting. I didn't think he was a max player. Who knows, though... on OKC a guy like Ibaka might still be worth more. They have plenty of scoring.

-Smak