Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: James Harden to Houston = Worst trade in NBA History

Trading Harden was silly to say least and looking back if they could do it again wonder if they would trade Westbrook instead who probably would fetch more including a REAL pg which would allow Harden to Flourish plus OKC would have a lot smoother offense in halfcourt sets and would make better decisions.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Trading Harden was silly to say least and looking back if they could do it again wonder if they would trade Westbrook instead who probably would fetch more including a REAL pg which would allow Harden to Flourish plus OKC would have a lot smoother offense in halfcourt sets and would make better decisions.
    You do realize that Harden is playing on a team playing the fastest pace in the league right?

I really like Harden, but the notion that he's much better or even better than Westbrook is hardly concrete.

The one thing, and I said this earlier, was that trading Westbrook might have been better solely because he had significantly higher trade value. But even then it is always difficult to mix and match the right players. What the Thunder did know is that a team led by Westbrook and Durant just made the finals and they are only going to get better as players.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    To keep Westbrook/Durant/Ibaka/Harden together is very unlikely just on the money alone. So that is the first problem.

The next problem is having 4 guys like that. It is the law of diminishing returns. Not to mention the progress of the players would be somewhat stunted at times and I don't love (and neither did Presti) the lineup that creates.

The move cut costs and still gives them a chance to win the title immediately with more flexibility in the long run.

I mean are people just ignoring that Martin is giving the Thunder 15ppg on 45/43/90 efficiency? And he doesn't need the ball as much as Harden did. I'd say the trade worked out really well for both teams.
    What? That very same roster got them to the Finals a year ago. You don't get back by making your team noticeably weaker. The roster may not be sustainable in the long run but in the short term, it's very feasible. A window of 4 years isn't too much to ask for especially for a player who's still growing.

High School Starter

Only an idiot would say Westbrook>Harden. Harden brings far more to the tabel.

Quote Originally Posted by supe12sta12z
    What? That very same roster got them to the Finals a year ago. You don't get back by making your team noticeably weaker. The roster may not be sustainable in the long run but in the short term, it's very feasible. A window of 4 years isn't too much to ask for especially for a player who's still growing.
    With the new rules...it's virtually impossible to keep harden/ibaka/durant/westbrook long term. You can't just ignore that.

And again. Noticeably weaker? I don't think so at all.

With the new rules...it's virtually impossible to keep harden/ibaka/durant/westbrook long term. You can't just ignore that.

And again. Noticeably weaker? I don't think so at all.
    4 years isn't longterm. Are you kidding me? This isn't a 6 year 100+ million dollar contract here. It's 4 years. You haven't noticed Martin's 1 dimensonal play? He offers nothing other than scoring. His production is slowly dropping. Nowhere near as productive as Harden.

High School Starter

You douche. Because the Thunder play an slow down game. They lead the lead in scoring by running the lanes and using their freaks of nature they call players in the open court. The Thunder has the most athletic squad in the leauge.

Quote Originally Posted by disel
    You douche. Because the Thunder play an slow down game. They lead the lead in scoring by running the lanes and using their freaks of nature they call players in the open court. The Thunder has the most athletic squad in the leauge.
    WTF are you babbling about?

High School Starter

WTF are you babbling about?
    Shut ya mouth ******

4 years isn't longterm. Are you kidding me? This isn't a 6 year 100+ million dollar contract here. It's 4 years. You haven't noticed Martin's 1 dimensonal play? He offers nothing other than scoring. His production is slowly dropping. Nowhere near as productive as Harden.
    Lets see what happens in the playoffs. To date, Martin has filled in very nicely and nobody would be saying any of this if the Thunder didn't drop a few games lately combined with Harden going nuts last night.

Typical crazy over-reaction. First it was the Thunder were going to miss Harden a ton...then they weren't...now they do again. Same old story.

Quote Originally Posted by disel
    Shut ya mouth ******
    That's all you got? why don't you bring facts to the table? No one can understand your incoherent drivel. OKC pace isn't much different from last season. Grow up son.

Lets see what happens in the playoffs. To date, Martin has filled in very nicely and nobody would be saying any of this if the Thunder didn't drop a few games lately combined with Harden going nuts last night.

Typical crazy over-reaction. First it was the Thunder were going to miss Harden a ton...then they weren't...now they do again. Same old story.
    Trading Harden was ALWAYS a mistake. There were no flip flopping on my end. It was on the day of the trade and still is today. Nothing has changed. And nothing will unless they get back to the finals and win.

Trading Harden was ALWAYS a mistake. There were no flip flopping on my end. It was on the day of the trade and still is today. Nothing has changed. And nothing will unless they get back to the finals and win.
    How is that a fair standard? They got their shit kicked in the finals with Harden being a huge reason they lost in the finals.

Now, without him, they have to win it all to make you think it wasn't a huge mistake? Makes no sense at all. Harden had 3 stinkers in 5 finals games...the Thunder just happened to win one of them. And really the last game is worthless because of the blowout.

If you are going to take that stance...then you are being unreasonable and there is no point in discussing this.

How is that a fair standard? They got their shit kicked in the finals with Harden being a huge reason they lost in the finals.

Now, without him, they have to win it all to make you think it wasn't a huge mistake? Makes no sense at all. Harden had 3 stinkers in 5 finals games...the Thunder just happened to win one of them. And really the last game is worthless because of the blowout.

If you are going to take that stance...then you are being unreasonable and there is no point in discussing this.
    Again, you ISH posters love to refer to 1 series to define his career. It's gets old and is pointless. According you ISH, Harden can't improve his play. They were well on their way back to the finals as Western conference favorites and would have another 4 years to win the title. Instead, they have Martin for 1 year, a late lottery pick, and Lamb who they're basically dangling as a trade piece.

How's that for #Winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Lets not overreact. Harden + refs cost OKC the title after all.
    This. He needs to prove himself in the playoffs before he's called a superstar.