Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Default Re: CP3: I haven't decided what I am going to do next season

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    NY isn't an upgrade to LA man. If he had moved to NY from NO I'm sure he would have been happy. He wanted LA or NY and got one of them though so I have no doubt whatsoever that NY hasn't even crossed his mind.
    your right its not an upgrade. when your a multi-millionare they are equal. im not saying that i hope CP3 goes to NYC, i personally think the clippers have been so bad for so long that their fans deserve a winner. so i hope he stays but to say that NYC isnt as much fun as LA when you7 have millions doesnt make sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by dbk123
    i hope to god cp3 stays with the clippers. If he and a healthy dwight end up together it would be game over for the league
    Um dwight sucks. He's barely an upgrade over DJ
    Unfortunately Miami would still be >>>>>>

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by returnofthemack
    your right its not an upgrade. when your a multi-millionare they are equal. im not saying that i hope CP3 goes to NYC, i personally think the clippers have been so bad for so long that their fans deserve a winner. so i hope he stays but to say that NYC isnt as much fun as LA when you7 have millions doesnt make sense to me
    I think NY and LA offer a ton of the same things. This isn't like somebody going from Milwaukee to NY man .

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Who cares anyway? They have the almighty Eric Bledsoe to step in .

Dude has star potential

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Who cares anyway? They have the almighty Eric Bledsoe to step in .

Dude has star potential
    Obviously you can't replace CP3 but Bledsoe+a max contract player to go with Griffin+DJ+Crawford is still solid.

Very good NBA starter

Bro it's not him being an attention whore, he's no Dwight. He always changes the topic and says he's happy. This is just one sentence being taken out of context. TJ Simers is consistently guilty of twisting quotes and trying to start a fire in LA.
    So I pretty much got trolled

The Holy Trinity

What??? I thought LAC already made him the de facto player-G.M.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    So I pretty much got trolled
    Yes sir. TJ Simers always twists players words and writes controversial pieces in the LA Times. He's had a reputation for doing this for a long time. CP3 when asked always says he's very happy and doesn't seem to want to focus on that because he loves the team.

Very good NBA starter

Yes sir. TJ Simers always twists players words and writes controversial pieces in the LA Times. He's had a reputation for doing this for a long time. CP3 when asked always says he's very happy and doesn't seem to want to focus on that because he loves the team.
    Well good to hear. I'd hate for CP3 to leave a great situation that he's in.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Clippers will still retire his jersey and give him a statue even if he leaves
    clippers better find their own building if they ever want a statue in front.

and cp3 to lakers confirmed

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Ive been watching fans make fools of themselves here talking about how such and such is gonna re sign so long I cant believe so many still think they know these guys. Some stay...some go. Every single time a gang of fans list all the reasons they are clearly staying and end up like this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=171968&page=4

A guy actually got banned shortly after predictig Lebron to Miami...and getting clowned for it....in 2009.

Nobody knows anything.

I thik hes gonna stay. I thought Lebron would too. But what fans want or feel is logical has nothing to do with reality. Not long ago Clipper fans were saying Brand was gonna stay(turned out to be best that he didnt). Harden was a lock to sign back in Oklahoma if you asked Thunder fans....

Shit gets so old. But I guess you gotta talk about something....

CP3/Vasquez
    Gordon/Rivers
    Otto Porter/Miller
    Davis/Anderson/Smith
    Lopez/Smith

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Cp3 to tha knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
    Perfect situation and Donald Sterling doesn't compute.
    That's the fly in the ointment. Sterling could easily decide not to pay up the cash needed to keep CP3 in town. He's already going to miss out on the revenue sharing he's become used to. He'll be going into the tax paying zone if they pay CP3 full value. If Clippers fail in the playoffs I can see Sterling pulling the plug.

History says that's more likely than him actually suddenly becoming a big time spender.

He's got 48 million in contracts next year and another 41 in cap holds. Serling is not going to put out close to 90 million in salaries. This team has this year to win or it will be torn apart and I'm sure that's what CP3 is thinking. Wait and see what type of team he'll have around him next year before he signs

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    That's the fly in the ointment. Sterling could easily decide not to pay up the cash needed to keep CP3 in town. He's already going to miss out on the revenue sharing he's become used to. He'll be going into the tax paying zone if they pay CP3 full value. If Clippers fail in the playoffs I can see Sterling pulling the plug.

History says that's more likely than him actually suddenly becoming a big time spender.

He's got 48 million in contracts next year and another 41 in cap holds. Serling is not going to put out close to 90 million in salaries. This team has this year to win or it will be torn apart and I'm sure that's what CP3 is thinking. Wait and see what type of team he'll have around him next year before he signs
    You should try to educate yourself a little more before speaking about other teams. Sterling has been spending freely now for about 10 years. He threw max offers at Kobe, Arenas and we have pursued other big names like Josh Smith. Sterling first gave Brand and Maggette 5 year extensions. Then Sterling signed Kaman and Mobley to 5 year deals. Then Sterling tried to throw another 5 year, 90 million dollar deal at Brand which he didn't take. Just signed Blake for 5 years 95 million, signed Crawford for 4 years.

In general the Clippers have easily been one of the more aggressive teams in free agency the last few years. 7 new players this year, 10 last year, 6 the year before. Sure the Clippers don't have any bad contracts really to end up paying 130 mill in taxes like let's say the Lakers.. but Sterling absolutely has been a willing spender.