Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: CP3: I haven't decided what I am going to do next season

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You should try to educate yourself a little more before speaking about other teams. Sterling has been spending freely now for about 10 years. He threw max offers at Kobe, Arenas and we have pursued other big names like Josh Smith. Sterling first gave Brand and Maggette 5 year extensions. Then Sterling signed Kaman and Mobley to 5 year deals. Then Sterling tried to throw another 5 year, 90 million dollar deal at Brand which he didn't take. Just signed Blake for 5 years 95 million, signed Crawford for 4 years.

In general the Clippers have easily been one of the more aggressive teams in free agency the last few years. 7 new players this year, 10 last year, 6 the year before. Sure the Clippers don't have any bad contracts really to end up paying 130 mill in taxes like let's say the Lakers.. but Sterling absolutely has been a willing spender.
    You should educate yourself before you spout off nonsense

Willing spender. guy hasn't got close to the tax line ever and rarely goes more than a few million over the cap here are the last 10 years from mister big spender

He's in the second largest market in all of sports for gods sake yet operates like he's in Kansas City

Clippers Payroll
    11-12 $66,738,021
    10-11 $52,988,221
    09-10 $60,998,169
    08-09 $62,174,296
    07-08 $64,577,243
    06-07 $59,057,690
    05-06 $50,931,212
    04-05 $49,175,272
    03-04 $38,351,724
    02-03 $42,768,280

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    You should educate yourself before you spout off nonsense

Willing spender. guy hasn't got close to the tax line ever and rarely goes more than a few million over the cap here are the last 10 years from mister big spender

He's in the second largest market in all of sports for gods sake yet operates like he's in Kansas City

Clippers Payroll
    11-12 $66,738,021
    10-11 $52,988,221
    09-10 $60,998,169
    08-09 $62,174,296
    07-08 $64,577,243
    06-07 $59,057,690
    05-06 $50,931,212
    04-05 $49,175,272
    03-04 $38,351,724
    02-03 $42,768,280
    You're a dumb fu** who's talking out of your ass. Payroll results are due to either A. players not wanting to play for the Clippers in the past.. therefor no ability to draw significant free agents. B. The Clippers had trouble retaining key players who bailed the minute they got a chance. Not to mention your chart shows that since 06-07 they have been over cap which doesn't scream cheap to me.

Why is nobody trashing CP3 for not committing the way they do with Dwight Howard?

BTW there is no end to the irony of a Knicks fan talking to Clippers fans about idiotic owners. Your team spent about 40 percent more per year than us in salary yet had LESS success the last 10 years. So the idea that biggest spenders automatically= winnable is particularly laughable coming from a Knicks fan.

BTW there is no end to the irony of a Knicks fan talking to Clippers fans about idiotic owners. Your team spent about 40 percent more per year than us in salary yet had LESS success the last 10 years. So the idea that biggest spenders automatically= winnable is particularly laughable coming from a Knicks fan.
    Comparing turds

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Why is nobody trashing CP3 for not committing the way they do with Dwight Howard?
    Because he's been a consummate teammate and professional in his time here and doesn't whine about anything or make excuses.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Picker
    CP3 to Cleveland like in 2K

You're a dumb fu** who's talking out of your ass. Payroll results are due to either A. players not wanting to play for the Clippers in the past.. therefor no ability to draw significant free agents. B. The Clippers had trouble retaining key players who bailed the minute they got a chance. Not to mention your chart shows that since 06-07 they have been over cap which doesn't scream cheap to me.

aha name calling the bastion of a man who has no leg to stand on. Show's how immature you really are when it comes to these discussions

First you call Sterling Mr' Free spender the next post when facing the truth that you were just making up facts you're left to making excuses for him not being able to spend money. "Oh he would have spent the money but his stars left the team and free agents don't want to play here" lol

Did it ever occur to you why he has a hard time drawing free agents and keeping his stars? It's because he's cheap, and he'll be cheap again this year when he has to decide to pay taxes or not. It's in his blood, has been since the day he bought the team. He's not going to change after 30 plus years of ownership
    Last edited by daily; 02-25-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
    CP3 and Dwight to the Hawks? It is possible financially.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Don't laugh to hard. I could see that happening. I don't think Dwight's as sold on the Laker mystique as some think he is.

Dunking on everybody in the park 24r2's Avatar

aha name calling the bastion of a man who has no leg to stand on. Show's how immature you really are when it comes to these discussions

First you call Sterling Mr' Free spender the next post when facing the truth that you were just making up facts you're left to making excuses for him not being able to spend money. "Oh he would have spent the money but his stars left the team" lol

Did it ever occur to you why he had time drawing free agents and keeping his stars? It's because he's cheap, and he'll be cheap again this year when he has to decide to pay taxes or not. It's in his blood, has been since the day he bought the team. He's not going to change after 30 plus years of ownership
    It's out there what he offered players. Wait you're telling me I'm the one resorting to making it personal or insulting you? I'm talking to the same guy who out of the blue has been personally attacking me in threads and joking about my death when I never even knew you had an issue with me.

As for Sterling... contracts were offered and players bailed, not sure how that's difficult for you to understand. Is he actually cheap if he tried to pay players and they left? Makes no sense bud. Bottom line is Sterling has really opened up the wallet to players in the last 8 or 10 years (or at least tried to).

As I said he offered Kobe and Arenas both 100 million dollar deals. Doesn't sound like somebody who is cheap to me . You're sitting here attacking the Clippers but the Knicks haven't been relevant for a long ass time despite being far more hyped.

Knicks playoff wins in the last decade: 1

Clippers playoff wins in the last decade: 11

How did all that overspending work out for you?

It's out there what he offered players. Wait you're telling me I'm the one resorting to making it personal or insulting you? I'm talking to the same guy who out of the blue has been personally attacking me in threads and joking about my death when I never even knew you had an issue with me.

Lord.. you're frustratingly slow.

You're a self proclaimed ghost hunter right?

Girl dies on roof

Get you on roof to hunt ghosts not die you simpleton.

NVM i'm done with you.

Lord.. you're frustratingly slow.

You're a self proclaimed ghost hunter right?

Girl dies on roof

Get you on roof to hunt ghosts not die you simpleton.

NVM i'm done with you.
    You worded it retarded and I'm the simpleton because it went over my head? I'm not sure how you think somebody should automatically know what you meant when you say "Now I just gotta figure out how to get CF86 on the roof". That's very open to interpretation obviously.

Anyways my point is please don't talk about the Clippers if it's not a team you keep up on decently. You notice how for a couple years now nobody has talked about how cheap Sterling is? It's for a good reason. No need to recycle old, outdated information.

You worded it retarded and I'm the simpleton because it went over my head? I'm not sure how you think somebody should automatically know what you meant when you say "Now I just gotta figure out how to get CF86 on the roof". That's very open to interpretation obviously.

Anyways my point is please don't talk about the Clippers if it's not a team you keep up on decently. You notice how for a couple years now nobody has talked about how cheap Sterling is? It's for a good reason. No need to recycle old, outdated information.
    I live in LA I have followed the Clippers since the late 80's I used to have season tickets at the pig sty known as the LA Memorial Sports Arena then Staples for a year until it became clear that putting a winning team on the floor is just an accident for Sterling, not something he actually strives for. nuff said