Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: LeBron James is the most exciting player to watch since Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Yeah, that's how I see it, Lebron is pretty basic to me. The dunks are great live - the power, the snap, the force doesn't translate that well for the TV. But the passing execution he and Wade is the best back and forth I can think of ever in the sport. Magic ran a show of beauty but it started with him and ended elsewhere. Jordan and Pippen on the break were just as unstoppable but nobody else was ever doing three man weave alley oops like Wade and Lebron, and they way above the rim. Their execution and timing makes any other two man game look simplistic. They both have the science down of how it gets done.

Its possible that history may look at them as the dynamic duo that took the game one step beyond individual play. The duo that merged their play so much so that you expect perfection on how they feed off of each other. When they fast break they rarely turn the ball over while giving the ball up much more than other two players. Its great team play, and as of now its organic and great to watch. They are the best scorer/passer/team players combo without question. They could be just two guys with a lot of the same strengths but instead - the ebb and flow.
    yes,he is upstoppable,but he lacks graceful,no way he can compare KObe,Irving,AI,T-Mac,Jordan in terms of graceful

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    People don't like big blocks, hilarious-range three pointers, or ridiculous passes?

Moreso in Cleveland, but the fact that you were able to see shit like 16 points in 2 minutes, amongst that game against NY where he was raining threes from like 30 was absurd.

Pretty/finesse isn't the only way to be exciting.
    LeBron is boring to watch just like TD,Shaq

Local High School Star

He is not boring to watch because he is making the right decision most of the time. i like that, watching all those fools playing in the NBA.

on the other hand i think there were/ are more exciting players to watch, like Griffin, Rose, TMac, VC, Kobe, and others. he is great but your statement isnt true.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I hate Lebron as much as the next guy, but to say he is boring to watch is insane. Even if you get tired of his one move to the basket where he swats the defender out of the way and uses his speed and strength to get to the hole, he is still making amazing plays elsewhere. Watch his passing. Dude is making bounce passes cross court using his left. That's ridiculous. Not one of us here can do that.

I usually hit open layups

Theres been plenty of exciting players between Jordan and James. Iverson killed it for many years. Kobe still throwing it up. Not much guys can avg a whole season over 30ppg. Not to take away from James' game, but besides his freaky end ot end dunks, his half court game is nowhere near as exciting as the top two I mentioned.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I don't know but I don't find Lebron exciting to watch. He's kind of stiff and mechanical. He holds the ball way too long. He's athletic, but not really graceful. He just doesn't have a pretty game. But he's the best player in the league right now.

Certainly not the most but he's up there. It really just depends on the people that watch him. To me, he is one of the most exciting to watch.

just saw those gif's. man, lebron's post game makes the nba look bad.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by eurobum
    At this point there's no doubt Lebron, to me, is the most exciting player to watch in the league since Jordan. Kobe is a close second, though. But really, a healthy Derrick Rose outshines them both for me. Lebron's strength, in this discussion, is that he's become such a complete player that he does almost EVERYTHING at a high level making the whole experience exciting to watch, but the things Rose do well excite me more than watching Lebron. Also, Lebron dunks are nice, but he has like 2 or 3 in his repertoire. Like, really.
    Its just amazing how all these dudes can sit here and talk about Bron, Kobe, Jordan, and even bring up Derrick Rose before Wade. Do dudes want to completely ignore the fact that Wades highlight reel shits on the majority of all NBA players EVER with only MJ fasho, and possibly Kobe and Bron right there or above.

I mean, WTF, Wade has more exciting crossovers in 10 years than Kobe has in 16. He has more acrobatic layup highlights than Kobe and Bron does also (alot of Brons has both power and acrobatism). Kills Kobe on the blocks easily (Kobe has some exciting ones, but Wade has hundreds and hundreds more than Kobe). His dunks would be the worse category but he has banged on more ****** than Bron thru their careers (It seems like Bron does not even try to posterize ****** much) and still has a bunch of exciting ones. Wade has the spin cycle, the eurostep, the windmill layup, one of the best floaters, raw power and touch in the post, ect.

I simply find it amazing how dudes in this thread are trying to talk around Wade as if he has not led all NBA players in top 10 highlights thru the last decade (they showed it in 08, Kobe was #2, Bron#3, Amare #4 and Nash #5). You might be able to google that shit. Yall ****** are foolin with the forcing yourselves to ignore Wade. Shit is straight hilarious.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

to summarize the board's collective answer to BigSmoke's question

is Lebron the most excciting player since Jordan?

NO. F@CK NO. HELL NO.

dude's game is so ugly and unrefined

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdogg
    Its just amazing how all these dudes can sit here and talk about Bron, Kobe, Jordan, and even bring up Derrick Rose before Wade. Do dudes want to completely ignore the fact that Wades highlight reel shits on the majority of all NBA players EVER with only MJ fasho, and possibly Kobe and Bron right there or above.

I mean, WTF, Wade has more exciting crossovers in 10 years than Kobe has in 16. He has more acrobatic layup highlights than Kobe and Bron does also (alot of Brons has both power and acrobatism). Kills Kobe on the blocks easily (Kobe has some exciting ones, but Wade has hundreds and hundreds more than Kobe). His dunks would be the worse category but he has banged on more ****** than Bron thru their careers (It seems like Bron does not even try to posterize ****** much) and still has a bunch of exciting ones. Wade has the spin cycle, the eurostep, the windmill layup, one of the best floaters, raw power and touch in the post, ect.

I simply find it amazing how dudes in this thread are trying to talk around Wade as if he has not led all NBA players in top 10 highlights thru the last decade (they showed it in 08, Kobe was #2, Bron#3, Amare #4 and Nash #5). You might be able to google that shit. Yall ****** are foolin with the forcing yourselves to ignore Wade. Shit is straight hilarious.
    wade ur dad or somethin'?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    I hate Lebron as much as the next guy, but to say he is boring to watch is insane. Even if you get tired of his one move to the basket where he swats the defender out of the way and uses his speed and strength to get to the hole, he is still making amazing plays elsewhere. Watch his passing. Dude is making bounce passes cross court using his left. That's ridiculous. Not one of us here can do that.
    I'm more interested Bird & Magic's passing than LeBron ever been

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    Certainly not the most but he's up there. It really just depends on the people that watch him. To me, he is one of the most exciting to watch.

he is up there ???? no way
    his game will never as graceful as Kobe or Jordan ever been,plain & simple

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
    he is up there ???? no way
    his game will never as graceful as Kobe or Jordan ever been,plain & simple

I think you need to wear some eye glasses or contact lenses. You are so lame.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
    I'm more interested Bird & Magic's passing than LeBron ever been
    Agree.